ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

DHL came and dropped this off today

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-05, 12:21 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so how much are those and what do the do
Old 04-03-05, 01:08 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by omaha_lex
THOSE ARE NICE!!!

I noticed you have an eBay top seller award... what do ya sell?

I sell pre-owned vehicles on ebay...I'm in internet sales for Mcdavid Honda Auto Group......I used to work for Toyota and started placing cars on Ebay....I found out the best way to do it...so, I started selling a bunch. They offered me more chilli at Honda so I had to go.
Old 04-03-05, 01:27 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

woogie thanks for the props..

update on install

What a day.....I'm at work...time is ticking......it is now about 4pm on saturday and the installer doesn't answer the phone

finally I get a hold of him....and he flakes out saying he can't finish til monday

I pissed cause I dont wanna drive the car all jacked up...camber all messed up,all high from the front.......just unfinished.

So I go back to the shop ( this is at the dealer I work for) to get the rest of my stuff from the night before.....and the only mechanic that was there, says to me, "I will be here until 8pm, you are more than welcome to use one of the stalls and tools" ....wow, I definitley took advantage.....I had no clue what I was doing....but how hard could it be right....

I first started in the back.....it soooo easy to do things with the right tools...I fixed the camber in the back and got the height that I wanted.....good job...pretty easy

Here comes the hard part....the front what a mess....just to clear up any misconception....or at least my misconception of coilovers...You don't compress the spring to lower the car.....I always thaught you compress to lower....WRONG.....

to make a long story short...after 2 1/2 hours on both fronts...I managed to finally dump the car.....
that's right she is super duper slammmmed

I love power tools!!!

I will get more technical with details when I post pictures.....its hard to explain with no pics...

oh yeah....the car rides like an ultimate drivng machine.....but I still have to play with the dampers.

thanks for reading
Old 04-03-05, 02:31 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GATO
just to clear up any misconception....or at least my misconception of coilovers...You don't compress the spring to lower the car.....I always thaught you compress to lower....WRONG.....
Actually, you are half right (half wrong? ). It depends on the coilover construction.

There are some where you can adjust the height independent of the spring travel (your case). Honestly, I did not know about this design. From the pics, though, it does look like you can compress the springs since there is not much threads below if you don't.

The two types I do know about are as follows. There are those that do compress the springs as you lower. You lose spring travel which changes the nature of the ride/performance. Hopefully, the manufacturer took that into account and designed the shocks damping to accommodate the changes. The Tein CS does this.

There is a third kind that does both. The Tein Flex can adjust the coilovers independent of the springs. And when you run out and still want to go lower, you can compress the springs.

Anyways, it is always nice to see these types of mods on an ES.
Old 04-03-05, 03:23 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gato, thanks a bunch for the info through the PM.. I may be asking more questions when I finally install mine, so I'd love to see and hear any technical help you can give.

On the coilover types, from what I understood from mine, you arent supposed to adjust/compress the spring to lower it on these, just the bottom part and leave the springs pretty much where they are. I think that's right.

He does have K-Sport brand. They are basically the same as D2, but just rebadged and colored differently.
Old 04-04-05, 02:08 PM
lexsterES
Pole Position

GATO, Congrads!!!! whats your spring rate?
Old 04-04-05, 02:11 PM
lexsterES
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The_Hitman
Gato, thanks a bunch for the info through the PM.. I may be asking more questions when I finally install mine, so I'd love to see and hear any technical help you can give.

On the coilover types, from what I understood from mine, you arent supposed to adjust/compress the spring to lower it on these, just the bottom part and leave the springs pretty much where they are. I think that's right.

He does have K-Sport brand. They are basically the same as D2, but just rebadged and colored differently.
you should have the springs fluss to the top. If the car is up and the springs can move you don't have it right.
Old 04-04-05, 03:43 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

QUICK PIC of front
Attached Thumbnails DHL came and dropped this off today-frontslam.jpg  
Old 04-04-05, 03:59 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

OMG dude, you totally freakin dumped it! AWESOME!

does it ride/drive better? no more clunkies?
Old 04-04-05, 04:35 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can go lower than that
Old 04-04-05, 06:11 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HoeBag
you can go lower than that

agreed slam it- atleast for some pics to up your street cred points!
Old 04-04-05, 10:31 PM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Arnt U Worried Its Gunna Bottom Out When U Hit Big Bumps ?
Old 04-05-05, 01:32 AM
lexsterES
Pole Position

Man I can’t get over how the k sports looks exactly like my d2 except for the color of course. I even got the black tag hanging on the string!
So what spring rate did you get???????????????????
Old 04-05-05, 11:43 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexsterES
Man I can’t get over how the k sports looks exactly like my d2 except for the color of course. I even got the black tag hanging on the string!
So what spring rate did you get???????????????????
spring rate is 7/5kg
Old 04-05-05, 11:44 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc400texas
agreed slam it- atleast for some pics to up your street cred points!

i guess I could dump her for a photo session

Quick Reply: DHL came and dropped this off today