ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

60,000 Mile Tune Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-05, 03:36 AM
BruteSBC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats why i said i was using it as an example. i wasnt compairing toyota to GM, i was using it as an example. and on toyotas you can mix the two its perfectly fine. 10% pink stuff vs 90% green stuff and your fine, it doesnt matter all THAT much that you need to do a tedious flush to get every little bit out, with dexcool you can not mix. but if you have long life coolant and you drain the block drain and rad at 30K and fill it up with green/water, its perfectly fine....considering that your gonna do it again in another 30K, 10% pink or red doesnt really matter. better than 100%.
i know on my vehicle i wouldnt go through all that water through the rad till it comes out clear stuff. that procedure is hardly used anymore. on my vehicle, id do as i do at work, drain all the coolant from the block drain and from the rad. and if ya drain it all, ya prolly will only have 2% pink or red stuff in there. then fill it up with green, and its fine, it doesnt create sludge as with dexcool. but thats just how id treat my vehicle, everyones different i suppose. but we have had cars that came with super long life/long life serviced at our center since bought and coolant was replaced the way i said at 30K, and those vehicles are still coming in today with 200+K on them and everything is peachy. and we arent talking about switching from green to long life, we are talking about going from long life to green. i mean i guess if ya got alot of free time ya can run the water through and all that though. i just dont spend that kinda time cuz i know it doesnt matter all that much. but each to his own.
Old 03-31-05, 12:27 PM
yoji6365
Driver

Originally Posted by BruteSBC
thats why i said i was using it as an example. i wasnt compairing toyota to GM, i was using it as an example. and on toyotas you can mix the two its perfectly fine. 10% pink stuff vs 90% green stuff and your fine, it doesnt matter all THAT much that you need to do a tedious flush to get every little bit out, with dexcool you can not mix. but if you have long life coolant and you drain the block drain and rad at 30K and fill it up with green/water, its perfectly fine....considering that your gonna do it again in another 30K, 10% pink or red doesnt really matter. better than 100%.
i know on my vehicle i wouldnt go through all that water through the rad till it comes out clear stuff. that procedure is hardly used anymore. on my vehicle, id do as i do at work, drain all the coolant from the block drain and from the rad. and if ya drain it all, ya prolly will only have 2% pink or red stuff in there. then fill it up with green, and its fine, it doesnt create sludge as with dexcool. but thats just how id treat my vehicle, everyones different i suppose. but we have had cars that came with super long life/long life serviced at our center since bought and coolant was replaced the way i said at 30K, and those vehicles are still coming in today with 200+K on them and everything is peachy. and we arent talking about switching from green to long life, we are talking about going from long life to green. i mean i guess if ya got alot of free time ya can run the water through and all that though. i just dont spend that kinda time cuz i know it doesnt matter all that much. but each to his own.

I wish they would have more info in the owners manual about these matters.
I guess they dont want to stick their necks out too far in case something goes wrong.
If I didnt do my own research, I might be putting 100% green in all my vehicles. Ouch
Old 03-31-05, 01:24 PM
BruteSBC
Driver School Candidate

100% green is what i run in all my cars. i dont want the long life stuff, but each to his own