ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

The First Time With Your Es

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 08:47 AM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The First Time With Your Es

I don't know if this has been asked before ,but what was the first reacation to your Es. What did you think of the ride ,look , post pic of if before any mods if you can.

It was the spring of 2001 at Car Wars in Little Rock,Ar. I was looking to get rid of my 2000 Ford Ex. Sport. I looked at a couple of Suvs then my ex showed me an Lexus Es 300 at first I didn't even know what a Lexus was and didn't want nonthing to do with, but after of her bugging the hell out of me I took a test drive and I didn't want to stop. So that day I traded off my Ex. Sport for my Es 300. LOL I so glad I did.
Old 02-21-05, 10:03 AM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was stunned by it's beauty, and honestly I often still am. The ES was my first car that was actually mine, and not handed down to me. Before, I was driving a Chevy Corsica, which is not the most visually stunning car around, so moving to the Lexus I really noticed the nice things about it. How the dash flows into the doors, the center console moving up to the radio, basically everything and how well it flowed.
Old 02-21-05, 01:21 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

The choice was very tough for me since I was coming out of an immaculate '96 ES Coach Edition. Despite its classic repute, I decided it was time to move up towards modern times for my primary vehicle, and that's what I did. Still a good move after almost 2 years later

A couple pics of my previous '96 and current '01:

Old 02-21-05, 01:44 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MRLEXUS
I don't know if this has been asked before ,but what was the first reacation to your Es. What did you think of the ride ,look , post pic of if before any mods if you can.

It was the spring of 2001 at Car Wars in Little Rock,Ar. I was looking to get rid of my 2000 Ford Ex. Sport. I looked at a couple of Suvs then my ex showed me an Lexus Es 300 at first I didn't even know what a Lexus was and didn't want nonthing to do with, but after of her bugging the hell out of me I took a test drive and I didn't want to stop. So that day I traded off my Ex. Sport for my Es 300. LOL I so glad I did.

MRLEXUS, this is a good thread... i likey.

you know,I almost started one the other day on "before and after pics".
Old 02-21-05, 02:01 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by el gato
MRLEXUS, this is a good thread... i likey.

you know,I almost started one the other day on "before and after pics".
ya this is a good one lol Ican't wait to see more pics
Old 02-21-05, 02:14 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Ok, now that I'm home, I'll post a couple pictures. Bone stock, shortly after I got it home...

So far exterior wise I cleared the corners on front and back, put on a license plate frame and tinted the windows. I've got coilovers waiting to be installed, and wheels will be here as soon as I find the perfect ones.
Old 02-21-05, 03:31 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't own an ES but all these vehicles are beautiful and may you guys have the best time with them
Old 02-21-05, 03:47 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

While Im basically a camry on steriods , the first thing i noticed about my car was its potential to be worth money in later years.

I have been around cars my entire life. in that time i have seen about 15 ES250's that i can recall, and all were in SAD shape.

as was mine.

but the first thing i saw that made me want the car, was the fact the interior was SPOTLESS. then i drove it.

15 years, and not a rattle one. I noticed its hadling was decent, and that was with a bad rack and pinion and blown ball joints (didnt knwo at the time what it was, but i thougth it woudl be expensive), so i couldnt wait to see what it was like when fixed.

$2,000 dollars in repairs later, it still leaks like a sieve, but it wont quit calling me to drive it. I love the looks i get while im in it, i love the classy feel and look of the car.

when the bumper is fixed, and its painted, and has limo tint, i will feel liek a celebrity, whats better than that? Im still blown away by the fact that this car is still going strong even after 15 years of straight neglect. When i bought the car, it had Factory fills of the coolant and the power steering.

so i flushed the coolant and lived with the power steering, the hoses are leaking now because i lived with the power steering fluid being bad.

the brake fluid is still factory fill as far as i knwo too, i will have that taken care of not too long from now also.

oh, and the trnany fluid had 10 years/90K on it easy. Interior wise, the only thing it needs is a new dash.
Old 02-22-05, 10:50 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I remember for almost a year after I got my 18's I would forget I had them. I would walk outside the biggest grin would come over my face. I got new rims every day. )
Old 02-22-05, 03:42 PM
Lexie187
Driver School Candidate

I didn't even know what car i was getting i just turned 16 graduated from high school early, finally got my license and after enough bugging got my mom to take me to the car lot, i looked at everything from Avalons to grand am's and wasnt impressed, we finally went to one of the sister lots of toyota and there it was Black 2000 ES300 two toned interior silver package the works, i didn't even want to go near it knowing i couldnt have it was way to expensive i had always wanted a Lexus thinking it be awesome since my name is Alexis but wasnt in my budget until my mom called me over told me to sit in it asked me if i like it only for me to roll my eyes and say yes of course and than the words i'll always remember from my mom "happy sweet 16 sorry its a bit late" turns to the sales man and says "start the paper work".

I still can remember the feeling of driving that car i was on cloud 9 and couldnt stop smiling.

I'm now looking into having my Lexus limo tinted any suggestions?

] My baby!!!!!1

Last edited by Lexie187; 02-22-05 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-22-05, 05:12 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to CL Lexie, and that's so cool that your mom did you a favor and bought you the Lexus of your dreams
Old 02-22-05, 06:26 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

ya lexie their nonthing to a mothers love ya know and you good a great year also. I love my lexus so much that I had a choice to sale it or my 2004 LEXUS RX 330 and I kept the Es
Old 02-22-05, 08:00 PM
Lexie187
Driver School Candidate

thanks guys!
i didnt even know there was a lexus forum site until i got bored during one of my professors lectures and went on the net and ta da here i am!

my mom is the bomb i luv her so much everytime i look at my car i smile so bad specially if i pull up to some people i remember telling "i'll have a lexus some day" only for them to laugh ooh its a beautiful thing, jus lean back sun roof open shades on glance at their ****ty car and smile like 'mhm yeah you know'. This car has so given me a ego

i wish i had a better pic of my car i took it tonight at college on break with my friends who were of no help, was so dark out was hoping the stupid digital camera would be decent but w.e i'll post more pics when i can!.
i dont know what type tint to do though cus when i went to the shop there like do you want reflective tint or the charcoals or how about limo its illegal but we'll still do it if you want it. and im all trying to get the guy to understand i mean it was an easy request i basically told him "i want to be able to see everyone else and them not see me"

that some how got a chuckle and i dont know so all suggestions are welcome!.
Old 02-22-05, 08:05 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here's where I started..... only have my Intrax springs/Tokico shocks in this pic
Attached Thumbnails The First Time With Your Es-sideview.jpg  
Old 02-22-05, 08:28 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexie187
thanks guys!
i didnt even know there was a lexus forum site until i got bored during one of my professors lectures and went on the net and ta da here i am!

my mom is the bomb i luv her so much everytime i look at my car i smile so bad specially if i pull up to some people i remember telling "i'll have a lexus some day" only for them to laugh ooh its a beautiful thing, jus lean back sun roof open shades on glance at their ****ty car and smile like 'mhm yeah you know'. This car has so given me a ego

i wish i had a better pic of my car i took it tonight at college on break with my friends who were of no help, was so dark out was hoping the stupid digital camera would be decent but w.e i'll post more pics when i can!.
i dont know what type tint to do though cus when i went to the shop there like do you want reflective tint or the charcoals or how about limo its illegal but we'll still do it if you want it. and im all trying to get the guy to understand i mean it was an easy request i basically told him "i want to be able to see everyone else and them not see me"

that some how got a chuckle and i dont know so all suggestions are welcome!.
the car being the color it is, i would go with charcoal, 20%.

Quick Reply: The First Time With Your Es