ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

so where can i get some good seats

Old 04-29-04, 09:26 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default so where can i get some good seats

i'm looking for some badass seats.so where can i find some good seats like the on in the fast and the furiuos or some NOPI seats
Old 04-29-04, 10:04 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sparco? recaro? bride? corbeau?
Old 04-29-04, 10:08 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

i don't know man i want some good ones so i can get it raped in leather or some animal skin lol
and that will fit and look BADASS
Old 04-29-04, 10:10 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

youd have to get custom brackets and sliders welded for you

but out of all those i wouldnt wrap the brides recaros or sparcos... pointless, then itll look like any other seat, youre pretty much paying for the name with those seats..
Old 04-29-04, 10:11 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless they are really uncomfortable. I would just stick with the seats you already got? Dont go putting race seats into a luxury car.. Then you will be going the way of the rice side of the force!..

Chris
Old 04-29-04, 10:54 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Originally posted by AusLex300
Unless they are really uncomfortable. I would just stick with the seats you already got? Dont go putting race seats into a luxury car.. Then you will be going the way of the rice side of the force!..

Chris
ok but what is RICE lol
Old 04-29-04, 11:34 PM
whiteguyz
Rookie

Very true, very rice. I had a sparco seat in my RX-7, sure it was a bucket, it held you in those turns. It also felt like I was sitting on plywood. You have a Lexus, just keep your seats.
Old 04-29-04, 11:48 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are newer model seats now that are reclinable/slideable for better comfort for daily driving... I would get Brides, they are on my wish list.. http://www.tees-usa.com/
Old 04-30-04, 01:34 PM
TCwindom
Pole Position

i figure I'll get flamed for this... but o'well. I have Torino replicas, welded custom brackets myself... and found paint to match the carpet... I can take pics if you want. PERSONALLY, they are 100 times more comfterable than the factory... and look better (interior was re-done before I got the car... crappy saddle color)

I wanted to keep the factory seat belts... but as some of you may know, they are attached to the seats... ghetto rigged the passenger side to work... but couldn't the driver's side one off. So I was forced to put a racing harness on that came with the seats... that's the only part I don't like. It takes a TON of time, and a TON of trial and error. If you really want it, go for it... but it's not worth the trouble.

Last edited by TCwindom; 04-30-04 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-30-04, 03:22 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TCwindom
i figure I'll get flamed for this... but o'well. I have Torino replicas, welded custom brackets myself... and found paint to match the carpet... I can take pics if you want. PERSONALLY, they are 100 times more comfterable than the factory... and look better (interior was re-done before I got the car... crappy saddle color)

I wanted to keep the factory seat belts... but as some of you may know, they are attached to the seats... ghetto rigged the passenger side to work... but couldn't the driver's side one off. So I was forced to put a racing harness on that came with the seats... that's the only part I don't like. It takes a TON of time, and a TON of trial and error. If you really want it, go for it... but it's not worth the trouble.
[/QUOTE

ok show me your pic
]
Old 04-30-04, 11:52 PM
juan01
Pole Position

yea man, show!!
Old 05-01-04, 12:08 AM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

I'm with the crowd that says non-factory seats in a Lexus should be shot.

Don't sacrifice your ride... We do not drive sub-compact wanna-be racing cars. Remember, you go to a show and be dignified! Besides I hate hard seats anyways... Major differance between supportive, good holding you seats, and the my-posture-is-destroyed concrete things you can buy.
Old 05-01-04, 06:55 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

I say only go with racing seats if your going to get some serious engine power (F/I) and you going to need a cage (thats what people ussually use for their racing harness brace. racing seats in a car that also has a huge system, custom x-box, back seats, etc just looks like the owner couldn't decide on what style he wanted for his car.

But then again thats just my opinion.
Old 05-01-04, 09:33 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by TCwindom

Yes, he took a lot of time to make these work. Though I have sat in the seat and it is 100 times more comfortable than stock.
Old 05-01-04, 02:36 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Brides are probably the best out of those but either way, custom work and it might look very funny on an Lexus. I own a Bride bucket seat and while it comfortably wraps you, you better have a cushy butt or else it'll be sore if you go off(the)roading.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so where can i get some good seats