Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

1JZ SC vs 350z (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-13, 10:26 AM
WetLexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1JZ SC vs 350z (Video)

Hey everyone! First I apologize in advance if I posted in the wrong section, it's been a while. Been a crazy year, full time school, full time work...etc. And Unfortunately, my best friend in the world, my father passed away. Over the years he has always hated to see me work on any car always telling me stop wasting your time and money, until he met my SC300. Never seen the man so proud!

Well back on topic I went to a little even at our local track here and ran the SC a couple times, nothing special just having some fun and thought i'd share! This set up is stock 1JZ block and head with Precision Billet 6266 with supporting mods. This run I turned off the boost controller so I was running about 15psi . Although I had tons of fun, I admit I ran a horrible time for this set up......14.0 @ 112MPH. I clocked a 13.74 @ 117MPH on a run a couple weeks back, but then again I just got wheel hop off my launch in that run. Im def no drag pro so practice will make perfect hopefully, and maybe an LSD

Any more questions about the set up please feel free to ask! I've gotten so much information off of this forum that I would give some help back if i can! Thanks for watching!

Old 10-27-13, 02:45 PM
Tommy150
Rookie

Awesome! i love dragging my sc300 even though it stock lol i bet an lsd would make a huge diffrence!
Old 10-27-13, 05:26 PM
Lokz
Driver

Question: R154 or W58?

Congrats on the kill!

-l0kz
Old 10-27-13, 05:51 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

sorry about your father , looks like a blast to be on the track
Old 10-27-13, 07:33 PM
V8drummer
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What elevation is the track at? Car sounds great!
Old 10-28-13, 08:01 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it doesnt look like you guys are even going that fast. 101 was there a car directly behind you???
Old 10-29-13, 02:45 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

sounded good and the driver got some whip lash lol
Old 10-29-13, 09:04 AM
WetLexus
Rookie

LMAO Azzhole!! My "custom" shifter needs to come out and be softened up so I don't look so constipated when I slam gears hahahaha

it doesnt look like you guys are even going that fast. 101 was there a car directly behind you???
We aren't going that fast....... only 112mph or so. And yes there was a car behind me, its an event called midnight madness. TONS of people waiting to get up on the line.

What elevation is the track at? Car sounds great!
No Clue LoL. We are around downtown St.Louis, MO. And thank you good sir. The phone camera does no justice for how this thing sounds.

Question: R154 or W58?

Congrats on the kill!

-l0kz
R154 Thank you sir!

Awesome! i love dragging my sc300 even though it stock lol i bet an lsd would make a huge diffrence!
Its fun stuff no matter how fast or slow you go......but it does help when you're fast hahaha. LSD would def. make a difference. But Im not gonna spend money on something that will just make me abuse my car more hahaa
Old 10-29-13, 09:06 AM
WetLexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I called you an azzhole and forgot to say thank you in case you are the one that moved my thread to the correct forum hahahah .....well...... Thank you LOL
Old 10-29-13, 09:40 AM
WetLexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
sorry about your father , looks like a blast to be on the track
Thank you I appreciate that bro. Its always a blast just a long wait because other people think its a blast too haha
Old 10-29-13, 02:02 PM
Tommy150
Rookie

Its fun stuff no matter how fast or slow you go......but it does help when you're fast hahaha. LSD would def. make a difference. But Im not gonna spend money on something that will just make me abuse my car more hahaa [/QUOTE]

>.< yeah, i would love to do a 1jz swap in my car but i might end out doing a na-t build. unless i can get all the parts i need for the swap with out going over the na-t build price.
Old 10-31-13, 10:12 AM
WetLexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tommy150
Its fun stuff no matter how fast or slow you go......but it does help when you're fast hahaha. LSD would def. make a difference. But Im not gonna spend money on something that will just make me abuse my car more hahaa

>.< yeah, i would love to do a 1jz swap in my car but i might end out doing a na-t build. unless i can get all the parts i need for the swap with out going over the na-t build price.[/QUOTE]

Either way you will get some good power. I personally went with the swap because i didn't have an NA motor to start with. There are millions of threads that debate which is better or easier, I just personally thought it was easier to get the whole motor as one unit, instead of worrying about opening up an NA motor to make sure it was in good condition, change headgasket, bla bla bla. It all depends what route you want, how easily you can source parts and how much money you are willing to spend on the project. If you ever need help or have any questions and can't find answers. feel free to PM me !

P.S. POST COUNT "69" WHAT UP hahahahahah
Old 10-31-13, 08:30 PM
Tommy150
Rookie

Originally Posted by WetLexus
>.< yeah, i would love to do a 1jz swap in my car but i might end out doing a na-t build. unless i can get all the parts i need for the swap with out going over the na-t build price.
Either way you will get some good power. I personally went with the swap because i didn't have an NA motor to start with. There are millions of threads that debate which is better or easier, I just personally thought it was easier to get the whole motor as one unit, instead of worrying about opening up an NA motor to make sure it was in good condition, change headgasket, bla bla bla. It all depends what route you want, how easily you can source parts and how much money you are willing to spend on the project. If you ever need help or have any questions and can't find answers. feel free to PM me !

P.S. POST COUNT "69" WHAT UP hahahahahah[/QUOTE]

Will do! Thanks