Canon parts availability - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Digital Photography Discuss how to take the best digital photos of your Lexus & other subjects

Canon parts availability

Old 07-12-18, 11:14 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Default Canon parts availability

Last year between the Black Friday to Christmas rush, Canon refurb sales had the 600EX RTII at crazy prices. Bought one and was happy. A month goes by and I had use for the orange filter so went to the case and attempted to snap it in place. No go and it looked small for the flash head. The flash is now out of the return period so a call to Canon expecting they would be able to swap the part for me without much of a deal.

A multitude of calls being bounced from tech, support, parts and sales, they are unable to access a SKU to get that one specific part part for me because it comes as a kit with 2 filters. The gal in sales relays they can exchange the flash and I'd get the correct part. Just so happens that that was a busy time and not having that flash would impact my ability to shoot. The tech side relayed they could create a part# and wait for Canon Japan to ship the parts over because there were none available at that time waiting for production. Relayed to them this would work and I'll wait. A few days back was wondering what became of that parts order. Called them and went through the whole story again. No order was placed into the system so it was no wonder there was silence from Canon.

For all this delay I was thinking they could ship the 2 filters at $29 retail and that would solve it. Nope, the support guy said the easiest way is to return the flash for an exchange and they'll do expedited shipping both ways no charge. So now I lose the use of the flash for about 10 days and what I imagine is going to cost more than $29 to cover shipping and the replacement flash back out to me.

Am I missing something in efficiency?
Old 10-13-18, 04:46 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Lee filters should have the same or similar colored gel. Just buy a large sheet for a few bucks and then tape it to the front of the flash unit.

As for parts, you can always call Canon directly. 1 800 828 4040 and ask for the Parts Dept. For the flash and internal parts, they would have them in stock. Not sure about the snap on filters though but always worth a shot.
Old 10-13-18, 11:22 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

I did a work around as you mentioned with a gel. One of those because others may need one because it may be lost, broken, etc. Having to buy an unnecessary part as was the case here is . The rep even stated they should have a bin# for these replacements.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Canon parts availability

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: