Digital Photography Discuss how to take the best digital photos of your Lexus & other subjects

Post Your Landscape Shots...

Old 10-11-14, 09:13 PM
Barbary
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Landscape Shots

1Post Your Landscape Shots...-picture-015.jpg
2Post Your Landscape Shots...-picture-056.jpg
3Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0087-version-2.jpg
4Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0071a.jpg

Last edited by Barbary; 10-11-14 at 09:30 PM. Reason: 1 addtion
Old 10-12-14, 07:50 PM
VVRX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jacaranda trees near Haleakala Maui
Attached Thumbnails Post Your Landscape Shots...-jacarinda-trees-near-haleakala.png  
Old 10-14-14, 12:07 AM
Cuttooth
Lead Lap

Chenonceau castle. 9 frame pano in HDR, did 3 shots for each frame so 27 shots in all.

Chenonceau by Cuttooth01, on Flickr
Old 10-18-14, 01:30 PM
Barbary
Lead Lap

Default Mono Lake

Mono Lake, for those who may not live in the US, is the center lake of 3 sister lakes of eastern Sierra Nevada. Million yrs ago were united as Lohanton Sea, the body of water on what is today known as The Great Basin, (Nevada).
It is known as "unearthly" due to its unique tufa formations, as you can see. Pyramid lake, the northern lake, is North America's largest desert lake (no trees)
Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0062-version-2.jpg
Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0051-version-2.jpg
Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0055.jpg
at BODIE CALIFORNIA
Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0070-3-.jpg

Last edited by Barbary; 10-19-14 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-19-14, 11:09 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuttooth View Post
Chenonceau castle. 9 frame pano in HDR, did 3 shots for each frame so 27 shots in all.
Well done post and believable looking HDR. What lens?

Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
Mono Lake, for those who may not live in the US, is the center lake of 3 sister lakes of eastern Sierra Nevada. Million yrs ago were united as Lohanton Sea, the body of water on what is today known as The Great Basin, (Nevada).
It is known as "unearthly" due to its unique tufa formations, as you can see. Pyramid lake, the northern lake, is North America's largest desert lake (no trees)
I like that area thanks for sharing those pics. Last time we were up there was April '03 and we stayed in Bridgeport. There was snow up in Bodie still so the second gate was closed. Wish I was prepared to hoof it in to see the town with spotty snow coverage. Any more from the area?

Also stopped into Galen Rowell's gallery but at the time he'd recently passed so the estate and any images were unavailable. Was still enjoyable to see some of his originals.
Old 10-19-14, 12:46 PM
Cuttooth
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RA40 View Post
Well done post and believable looking HDR. What lens?
That one was shot with a Tokina 11-16 @ 16mm in portrait orientation.
Old 10-20-14, 07:58 PM
Barbary
Lead Lap

Smile Hwy 395

Mr. RA40:
Yes I love that area. I consider Hwy 395 "Gods" country. From Minden Gardnerville down to even Ridgecrest, Sounds like you also are well familiar w all its attributes. California is such an amazing place!
I'm just an opportunist amateur,
very amateur next to you gentlemen. I hope you'll will tolerate my attempts, so I have never been to Rowell's gallery. I usually stop in Bishop, Sheepherders Inn for some of the best sourdough that side of SF. I think its the fresh air.
That photo at Bodie was at sunset, by the time we got all the way in it was too dark. Maybe you would like to share w the forum some of your 395 photo's. I would love to see how a master photographs up there.
I have years of photo's up there, Tioga Pass, Pyramid Lake, Thats a favorite place of mine, all the way to Mt. Rushmore via hwy 50. Is there a thread in the forum on the best way to digitize 35 mm negatives, I've looked but haven't found one. Thank you

Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0037.jpg
Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0070-4-.jpg
Old 10-21-14, 10:36 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
Mr. RA40:
Yes I love that area. I consider Hwy 395 "Gods" country. From Minden Gardnerville down to even Ridgecrest, Sounds like you also are well familiar w all its attributes. California is such an amazing place!
I'm just an opportunist amateur,
very amateur next to you gentlemen. I hope you'll will tolerate my attempts, so I have never been to Rowell's gallery. I usually stop in Bishop, Sheepherders Inn for some of the best sourdough that side of SF. I think its the fresh air.
That photo at Bodie was at sunset, by the time we got all the way in it was too dark. Maybe you would like to share w the forum some of your 395 photo's. I would love to see how a master photographs up there.
I have years of photo's up there, Tioga Pass, Pyramid Lake, Thats a favorite place of mine, all the way to Mt. Rushmore via hwy 50. Is there a thread in the forum on the best way to digitize 35 mm negatives, I've looked but haven't found one. Thank you
I like those, well done. I would like to travel through that area again. We also went through the Gold Rush areas on the backside of CA.

No discussions on film scanning. I have plenty as well that would be worthwhile to have in digital format. A buddy suggested this service not long ago:

http://www.scancafe.com/

He's had about 1K images done and has been happy. I haven't seen any to make a conclusion on the quality so FWIW, that may be a possibility. The local lab charges by the resulting file size so most scans cost $.50 per megabyte. On small 4x6" automated scans it is like $1 but other than online galleries, the size is pretty limited.
Old 10-21-14, 12:55 PM
Barbary
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RA40 View Post
I like those, well done. I would like to travel through that area again. We also went through the Gold Rush areas on the backside of CA.

No discussions on film scanning. I have plenty as well that would be worthwhile to have in digital format. A buddy suggested this service not long ago:

http://www.scancafe.com/

He's had about 1K images done and has been happy. I haven't seen any to make a conclusion on the quality so FWIW, that may be a possibility. The local lab charges by the resulting file size so most scans cost $.50 per megabyte. On small 4x6" automated scans it is like $1 but other than online galleries, the size is pretty limited.
Thank you, Sir. I have decades, even ones I took w my Minolta SRT 101 (which I bought new)
Old 10-23-14, 05:15 AM
Cuttooth
Lead Lap

The Sentinel by Cuttooth01, on Flickr
Old 10-25-14, 11:15 PM
Barbary
Lead Lap

Default Oakland - San Francisco Bay Landscape Shots

My Humble Homage to the Oakland-San Francisco Bay Bridge "Light Show"
A fantastic 25,000 lights show appearing every night on the bridge. Created by light artist Leo Villareal along 1.8 miles of the length of the bridge. It is a computer controlled, non repeating. Commemorating its 75th anniversary. (sorry hand held shots)
Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0721-version-2.jpg

Post Your Landscape Shots...-pict0720-version-2.jpg

more pics to come in December the buildings are outlined
Old 11-16-14, 09:50 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

The High Roller.

Old 11-20-14, 03:52 AM
Cuttooth
Lead Lap

Makapu'u by Cuttooth01, on Flickr
Old 11-20-14, 10:59 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Purdy...looking at both those seem at opposite ends of a vacation trip, city fun and nature relaxing. I can use a vacation.
Old 11-23-14, 07:42 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Practicing with new gear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post Your Landscape Shots...

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: