The "Look what I got today!" Thread - Page 27 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > Digital Photography
The "Look what I got today!" Thread >

The "Look what I got today!" Thread

Digital Photography Discuss how to take the best digital photos of your Lexus & other subjects

The "Look what I got today!" Thread

Old 04-22-18, 09:58 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Are people not buying cameras anymore?

Here's my latest acquisition. Try as I might, I never bonded with the digital Leica, so it and two lenses are gone. In it's place is the BEAST Sony A9. Look at how small it is next to the New F1 and the F2, which is also a fairly recent acquisition back in February. The size belies the amount of tech Sony managed to cram in it diminutive body.

Old 04-23-18, 06:15 AM
Allen K
Epic Allen

How are you liking the a9 so far? I love mine Even though I rarely ever use the 20fps, it's nice to know that it's there.

Also digging the old Canon font!
Old 04-23-18, 08:37 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Kaydee, congrats! what made you get the A9 over the new A7III?
Old 04-23-18, 10:50 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Cool that you are enjoying the film bodies!

Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
Are people not buying cameras anymore?

Here's my latest acquisition. Try as I might, I never bonded with the digital Leica, so it and two lenses are gone. In it's place is the BEAST Sony A9. Look at how small it is next to the New F1 and the F2, which is also a fairly recent acquisition back in February. The size belies the amount of tech Sony managed to cram in it diminutive body.
I'd sold the G9 and G15 Canons along with accessories just recently. Been pondering selling the Contax G system too. The amusing part is the lens values have gone up because Sony and M4/3 users desire them.

As for getting, supplemental gear: umbrella holders, another micro softbox.

Last edited by RA40; 04-23-18 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-23-18, 07:31 PM
Kaydee

Allen, Bit.

So far i'm loving it. It reminds me of my old OM-D, which I loved. The 20FPS is great, but I'm still gushing over the AF and the electronic shutter. This thing is in a class of it's own.

The stacked sensor for silent electronic shutter is what won me over the A73. Also I didn't want to go to Lightroom CC. I'm perfectly happy with my standalone LR6, which sadly does not support A73 raw files. No loss really. So far this sensor has been great.
Old 04-23-18, 07:35 PM
Kaydee

Mike, I'm still shooting film. Even more I might add. I think over the last 2 years I've gone more seriously into film, I prefer the SLR form better than rangefinder. But I still have the Xpan.

I enjoyed my time using the G2. Easily one of the better film bodies out there with amazing lenses to boot. But i just got tired of the fact that it was a AF only camera. The lenses can still be mounted on my Sony, however.
Old 08-13-18, 06:31 AM
Allen K
Epic Allen

New lens day!

Long story short, I've been shooting a lot of volunteer events at work so I asked them to subsidize a splurge. They didn't give me a whole lot, but it was enough to pull the trigger. Pairs nicely with the a9

Old 08-13-18, 04:23 PM
Kaydee

Originally Posted by Allen K View Post
New lens day!

Long story short, I've been shooting a lot of volunteer events at work so I asked them to subsidize a splurge. They didn't give me a whole lot, but it was enough to pull the trigger. Pairs nicely with the a9
OOOOooh Weeee!!

Nice pick up. I've been so impressed with the A9 so far that I'm thinking of selling all my heavy Nikon digital kit to fund a Sony 70-200.
Old 08-16-18, 08:37 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Very nice Allen!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The "Look what I got today!" Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: