Notices
CT 200h Model (2011-present)

Service

Old 06-06-19, 07:11 PM
ddonalds
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service

Had the car serviced the other day, and they needed to change two very worn front tyres. What I didn't realise was that after doing a wheel alignment, they needed to reset some electronic programming to do with the steering. So I guess that the lesson learnt was that there is more to the car than meets the eye and that you need to be careful about who works on the car. (i.e. you cant treat it like a normal car).
Maps over here will be updated in August so I think I will get them updated from the 2011 ones I now have (assuming that they supply them in disk format as well as the new SD card format)
Old 06-07-19, 08:31 AM
E46CT
Lexus Champion

Received 375 Likes on 299 Posts

with the exception of the hybrid system, it's pretty much a normal car and can be treated as such. programming is not required for alignment. if it's needed, it's because of some major fault you had, system damage, part failure or replacement (such as wheel angle sensor)

were you in an accident before or did you hit something? alignment is simply mechanically turning the tie rods. it's the same as any other car of the past 50 years. how do you know it was required? what did you see with your own eyes
The following users liked this post:
RitcheyRch (06-08-19)
Old 06-09-19, 07:32 AM
eddie25
Driver School Candidate

Yep, wheel angle sensor. how much did they charge? It's like $12 extra for me when I get an alignment.

Anyone know what the wheel angle sensor adjustment is exactly?
Old 06-09-19, 05:23 PM
ddonalds
Driver School Candidate

I think they said half an hour so way more than $12

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: