CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Weird Brake Noise w/ Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-19, 05:40 PM
TonyMS
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Weird Brake Noise w/ Video

2015 ct200h F-Sport I have a weird noise coming from under hood brake area. The dealer ship says its normal but I am not sure. I have 36k and my warranty is up in June so if there is an issue would like to get it taken care of. I stitched together a few videos from my dash cam the last one is after I stopped and released the brake it made the noise.

Old 03-14-19, 09:59 AM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Sure thats not a dead body in the trunk? Just kidding. When did this start? What changed prior to you noticing this? I'd have them check it out when you go in for service. They usually do a road test. I would be eager myself to take the wheel off and inspect anything loose around the brake housing area, control arms, shocks.. just to be curious.
Old 03-14-19, 12:02 PM
TonyMS
Driver School Candidate

I purchased the car a month ago noticed it within the first week. It had 32k at the dealership it says normal on the paperwork when I brought it in for service. They supposedly compared with a like vehicle even though there aren’t any on the lot. My service adviser has one he said it’s normal I have owned lots of Prius 2nd and 3rd gen driven hard with lots of miles and have never heard this noise before.
Old 03-15-19, 09:00 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 209 Likes on 122 Posts

I've never heard this noise either, and I've driven the 3rd gen Prius, the Prius C, and the CT.
Old 03-15-19, 10:16 AM
TonyMS
Driver School Candidate

I guess I will just go back not sure what else to tell or show them they say it’s normal.
Old 03-15-19, 04:59 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Originally Posted by TonyMS
I guess I will just go back not sure what else to tell or show them they say it’s normal.
Call Lexus' hotline and tell them you are having this issue and the dealer is essentially refusing to look at it by claiming "it's normal" They can follow up with the dealer and make sure you are satisfied.
Old 03-15-19, 05:35 PM
TonyMS
Driver School Candidate

When I brought it in I had a problem with driver door not unlocking all the time, window tilting forward when rolling up, and the brake noise. They fixed the door lock issue said the window and brake where normal. The exact wording was Normal condition when compared to like year and model no correction made or needed no fault in parts or workmanship. The window ok I will give them that but the brakes they are a safety issue. Toyota/Lexus check the floor mats for safety. My reason for posting this is that if it is normal than someone would have encountered it on their car. I guess I will bring it in with just the brakes complaint and go from there and call Lexus if necessary. @Raidin you have the 400k CT I would assume you would have heard that noise if it is normal.
Old 03-15-19, 07:59 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

No, not normal at all.

Where are you located? Maybe the Lexus does not see too many CT200h in your area?

2015 ct200h F-Sport I have a weird noise coming from under hood brake area. The dealer ship says its normal but I am not sure. I have 36k and my warranty is up in June so if there is an issue would like to get it taken care of. I stitched together a few videos from my dash cam the last one is after I stopped and released the brake it made the noise.

Brake Noise
Old 03-15-19, 11:23 PM
Raidin
Advanced

@Raidin you have the 400k CT I would assume you would have heard that noise if it is normal.
Yup. 4.5 years of ownership and 460k miles driven. Never heard that noise. Definitely not normal as others have agreed. You definitely need a second opinion. =P
Old 03-16-19, 12:46 AM
TonyMS
Driver School Candidate

Ok thanks for the input I will update with what happens.
Old 05-05-19, 06:27 PM
TonyMS
Driver School Candidate

Ok finally got a chance to bring it in to the dealership. Everything is fixed the video seemed to help them find the problem they replace Part # 47050-76121 cylinder brake assembly and bleed the entire system. They also found the one TPMS sensor that would lose contact and cause the light to blink. Hope this helps anyone else who may have that noise.
The following users liked this post:
Raidin (05-05-19)
Old 05-06-19, 09:08 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Was gonna post: definitely not normal. I have the same car, same year. same color even. i have 45k. i think my in service date is september so thats when my warranty is up.. lol. i assume any failure of any kind on this car and the prius are extremely extremely rare. regardless of mileage!
Old 05-14-19, 10:34 AM
NudleBoy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm pretty sure I have this exact issue. I have a 2011 CT200h. Whenever I let go of the brake slowly or at a stop, it makes that kind of noise. Kind of hard to explain, but it sounds like a farting noise of some sort funny enough.

Sucks because I'm out of warranty... and that's an expensive part to replace. So far, it's only happened in really cold weather conditions and it's not every time.
Old 05-14-19, 12:04 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Post a video.^
Old 04-02-22, 07:18 PM
GknowFotos
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NudleBoy
I'm pretty sure I have this exact issue. I have a 2011 CT200h. Whenever I let go of the brake slowly or at a stop, it makes that kind of noise. Kind of hard to explain, but it sounds like a farting noise of some sort funny enough.

Sucks because I'm out of warranty... and that's an expensive part to replace. So far, it's only happened in really cold weather conditions and it's not every time.
You ever resolve this? I think I might be expressing the same issue.

Quick Reply: Weird Brake Noise w/ Video