Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > CT 200h Model (2011-present)
Got rear-ended, anyone know how the hatch sensors work? >

Got rear-ended, anyone know how the hatch sensors work?

Notices
CT 200h Model (2011-present)

Got rear-ended, anyone know how the hatch sensors work?

Old 03-01-19, 05:07 PM
eddie25
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got rear-ended, anyone know how the hatch sensors work?

Got rear-ended today and as I deliver for a living I need to keep driving it, but the car thinks the hatch is open so it beeps the whole time. Anyone know how the hatch sensors work so I can convince the car it's closed (which it actually is)?
Old 03-01-19, 08:45 PM
KLF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guess it's like all the other Toyotas I've worked on with a hatch or tailgate (4runners, cruisers, Highlanders, etc) that the switch is part of the latch. Have to trick the one in my Cruiser when I hail plywood or sheetrock by taking a screwdriver and pushing the latch to the closed position. I just have to remember to unlatch it again when I close the hatch after unloading.
Old 03-01-19, 09:05 PM
eddie25
Driver School Candidate

Dang, I guess the latch isn't closing all the way, even though the latch is essentially working. Maybe I can mess with it.

The hatch itself doesn't open more than about a foot and a half cause the top gets hung up on the top of the car.

Been a bummer of a day.
Old 03-02-19, 04:12 AM
KLF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a huge bummer, for sure!

Maybe what you could do is remove the trim around the inside of the hatch so you can get to the wiring. If you can figure out which wire goes to the switch, pull the connector off and put a jumper across the contacts so it will tell the system that the hatch is closed.

Best of luck on getting things repaired.
Old 03-03-19, 08:51 AM
eddie25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KLF View Post
That is a huge bummer, for sure!

Maybe what you could do is remove the trim around the inside of the hatch so you can get to the wiring. If you can figure out which wire goes to the switch, pull the connector off and put a jumper across the contacts so it will tell the system that the hatch is closed.

Best of luck on getting things repaired.
Thanks for the advice, that's a good idea.

I was able to use a screwdriver to mess with the latch and finally got it to stop beeping, but I can only do that if the hatch isn't closed, so now I need to bungee the hatch to the inside of the car. My main concern at this point is if rain will get in.

Luckily the car still drives fine, I'm not happy about having to deal with a body shop, we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-04-19, 09:09 AM
E46CT
Lexus Champion

Received 375 Likes on 299 Posts

Any pics you can attach?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: