Looking to buy used Lexus CT200h, seeking advice - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > CT 200h Model (2011-present)
Looking to buy used Lexus CT200h, seeking advice >

Looking to buy used Lexus CT200h, seeking advice

Notices
CT 200h Model (2011-present)

Looking to buy used Lexus CT200h, seeking advice

Old 02-12-19, 03:44 PM
KLF
Lead Lap

Interesting discussion. I am starting to appreciate the F Sport.

Still looking for an answer to my question re: radar cruise. How can I tell if a car has this option, if the dealer has no idea and doesn't state it in the ad (which often can't be trusted anyway even if they did)?

Also: I was watching a YouTube review other other day, and the model being discussed had LED headlights. Then I noticed there were bumps on the front bumper under the headlights, I assume these were headlight washer nozzles? I have these on my Land Cruiser, so I know what they look like. It's not a feature I use often, but is this a visual confirmation that a car has this option?

What about the audio system upgrade?

What if I called a dealer with the VIN? Would they be able to tell me what options the car has? I might call and ask.

There are VERY few CT's around my parts, the closest one is an hour away, so I need to know this stuff before I even go look. Thank you!
Old 02-12-19, 03:56 PM
E46CT
Lexus Champion

I would look up the user Raidin and his thread. He's the expert on the radar cruise control option. Apparently he had to special order his as not one dealer in the nation equipped a CT with one. So it's EXTREMELY unlikely it seems you'd find one on the used market. See if you can look for a telltale sign like a button or something. Again see Raidin's info, he posted on this before. His thread should be on page 1 (The high mileage CT thread).

The only options you're really going to see is the heated seats and/or nav. I'd be more interested and focused on finding the car with maintenance records and a clean interior. The car is not that common to begin with and trying to find one in the options and color you want is really wishful thinking. But you could get lucky =)
Old 02-12-19, 08:49 PM
KLF
Lead Lap

Oh, trust me, I know all about hunting for a rare vehicle, and mining for maintenance records. Lexus sold almost 15,000 CTs in 2015, but less than 2700 Land Cruisers that year. It was a long hard search to find the truck I have now, in the condition and care like I wanted. I actually bought a 2011 first, as I got tired of looking for months. Then a year later I stumbled on this one, I couldn't resist.

I'm not too fussy on color, as long as it isn't black.

Edit: OK, so according to this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...-with-acc.html the radar cruise control cars have a button on the steering wheel similar to the one I have in my Cruiser, where you can adjust the following distance on the fly. You're right, very rare, none of the cars I've looked at have had this button.

Last edited by KLF; 02-12-19 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-14-19, 10:58 AM
E46CT
Lexus Champion

Maybe consider then new Corolla hybrid. 52 mpg combined (maybe 50 i think) and will certainly be larger, safer, and have more gadgets including all the radar wizardry stock. I'm waiting to see more pictures. yes it's a corolla but the new chassis should be superior in every way imaginable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: