CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Courier CT hits 400k

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-18, 12:06 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Raidin, if you do go Subaru ... I am a Subaru Ambassador.

Contact me for a $500 off new veh purchase voucher.
The following users liked this post:
Raidin (08-01-18)
Old 09-05-18, 12:54 PM
Vegasaurus
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats Raidin! What a milestone.

Found your next car:

The following 3 users liked this post by Vegasaurus:
chargerfan (09-24-18), Raidin (09-06-18), Trexus (09-07-18)
Old 09-06-18, 08:16 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

Yea, I guess that'll do! LMAO!
Old 09-24-18, 11:17 AM
Sfcyclist
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for sharing.. Impressive! Love seeing the real world "test".

G/L with sourcing.
Raidin (01-05-19)
Old 10-25-18, 12:33 PM
14ct200h
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats alot of miles....what do you precisely do?
Old 10-25-18, 04:11 PM
ltsr
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 14ct200h
Check the subject line of the thread
Raidin (10-28-18)
Old 10-28-18, 08:53 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Originally Posted by 14ct200h
Originally Posted by ltsr
Check the subject line of the thread
Yup, I named my car Courier CT to indicate I make deliveries with my CT. My route is really long, about 350 miles a day (it was almost 500 a day for a while). This is roughly 100k miles a year, hence my mileage.
Trexus (11-22-18)
Old 01-05-19, 04:23 AM
Nayden
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dear CT Courier,

Thank you for your posts. I have been reading them in the last few weeks as a new Lexus RX450h owner. I just wanted to see what other people think of the brand.

Regarding your post for your next car Subaru, they are good cars but thirsty on a long journey. The PHEV is very good on a short up to 15 miles a day, because you can use battery only and charge overnight. I have read an article for Tesla doing 400,000 for 3 years with free charges. https://electrek.co/2018/07/17/tesla...miles-3-years/

I am not sure if you can buy a second hand Tesla and benefit from the free charges scheme or not and whether the battery range would be enough for you. Just a suggestion, please do not kill the messenger. I am just thinking out loud and see if I can help.

I was going to buy a PHEV Outlander ( not sure if you have that model in the US or it is a different one), but after a test drive and comparing it to the RX450h, I end up with the Lexus.

All the best. Keep us posted, even if you switch brands. You can post an update from time to time.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nayden:
Raidin (01-05-19), Trexus (01-07-19)
Old 01-05-19, 09:23 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nayden
Dear CT Courier,

Thank you for your posts. I have been reading them in the last few weeks as a new Lexus RX450h owner. I just wanted to see what other people think of the brand.

Regarding your post for your next car Subaru, they are good cars but thirsty on a long journey. The PHEV is very good on a short up to 15 miles a day, because you can use battery only and charge overnight. I have read an article for Tesla doing 400,000 for 3 years with free charges. https://electrek.co/2018/07/17/tesla...miles-3-years/

I am not sure if you can buy a second hand Tesla and benefit from the free charges scheme or not and whether the battery range would be enough for you. Just a suggestion, please do not kill the messenger. I am just thinking out loud and see if I can help.

I was going to buy a PHEV Outlander ( not sure if you have that model in the US or it is a different one), but after a test drive and comparing it to the RX450h, I end up with the Lexus.

All the best. Keep us posted, even if you switch brands. You can post an update from time to time.
Not at all, I really appreciate the suggestions!

I never did post about this, but was planning to on my next update. Both the new Forester and the new Crosstrek hybrid are now 2nd on my list. I didn't like how the hybrid Crosstrek is only available as the top-of-the-line trim and therefore starts at $35k, and the fact that I lose a little cargo capacity due to the battery sitting on the load floor.

I did look at Teslas long ago, but the only one with the proper cargo capacity is the Model X, and that's too expensive, even used, because I'd need the highest battery capacity anyway just like you figured.

We do have the PHEV Outlander here, but Mitsubishi has been struggling here for years. I'm not sure I can trust their quality and reliability, especially now. I drove a basic Outlander for a rental a year ago and it was the worst car I've ever been in that was still basically new. I trust Toyota and Lexus far more to keep me going for several hundred thousand miles.

The first car on my list now is the new Toyota Rav4 hybrid. I was waiting to hear about that, and when it was finally revealed, I saw how the fuel economy shot up by 7 or so MPG. It gets around 40 MPG now, which is amazing. It costs the same as the Crosstrek hybrid and gives me far more cargo capacity along with better reliability.

Did you all hear about the 1M mile Hyundai Elantra? Lady drove it 200k per year! Made 1M in 5, and got a new one from Hyundai. Original drivetrain too!

Vegasaurus (01-21-19)
Old 01-05-19, 03:02 PM
Nayden
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RAV 4 Hybrid is better for you compared to the Subaro's I think

Originally Posted by Raidin
Not at all, I really appreciate the suggestions!

I never did post about this, but was planning to on my next update. Both the new Forester and the new Crosstrek hybrid are now 2nd on my list. I didn't like how the hybrid Crosstrek is only available as the top-of-the-line trim and therefore starts at $35k, and the fact that I lose a little cargo capacity due to the battery sitting on the load floor.

I did look at Teslas long ago, but the only one with the proper cargo capacity is the Model X, and that's too expensive, even used, because I'd need the highest battery capacity anyway just like you figured.

We do have the PHEV Outlander here, but Mitsubishi has been struggling here for years. I'm not sure I can trust their quality and reliability, especially now. I drove a basic Outlander for a rental a year ago and it was the worst car I've ever been in that was still basically new. I trust Toyota and Lexus far more to keep me going for several hundred thousand miles.

The first car on my list now is the new Toyota Rav4 hybrid. I was waiting to hear about that, and when it was finally revealed, I saw how the fuel economy shot up by 7 or so MPG. It gets around 40 MPG now, which is amazing. It costs the same as the Crosstrek hybrid and gives me far more cargo capacity along with better reliability.

Did you all hear about the 1M mile Hyundai Elantra? Lady drove it 200k per year! Made 1M in 5, and got a new one from Hyundai. Original drivetrain too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFzp1pVPDPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twoJahPTjq4
Hi CT Courier,

the RAV 4 H is probably safer option for you. Unless you would like to have a try the Elantra. In the videos they mentioned she changes the oil every 2 weeks( about 8,000 miles). Maybe that's what needed for engine longevity.

All the best. Keep us posted and safe journeys.
Raidin (01-05-19)