CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

My Passenger floors are wet, and I need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-18, 10:08 PM
edgarzrc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow My Passenger floors are wet, and I need Help

I just bought my 2015 Lexus CT200H, and I have noticed the back passenger floors are drenched. I have soaked up most of it, and just thought maybe the dealer washed the carpets. I looked up some forums and saw that a lot of Lexus cars have had the same problem. So I am going to try and call customer service tomorrow and try and see if my warranty covers this, since I still have warranty. I didn't buy it from a Lexus dealer I got it from a Mazda dealer. I have had horrible experiences just recently with my Toyota service department trying to get the fuel tank replaced for my prius that is still under warranty. So I have been trying to find some answers to this, and what to do and say to the representatives of Lexus. I know they can be jerks when it comes to warranties. =/ anyone know more about this? most threads go dead about this.
Old 02-05-18, 03:48 AM
gshadow325
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Your ac drain tube came off that's under the radio center stack. You'll need new carpets since they are all moldy right right or they going to be. I did that to my car by accident. Ended up pulling everything ito and installed 3 laters of sound dampening. Blessing in disguise. Car is so quiet now
Old 02-05-18, 08:26 AM
edgarzrc
Driver School Candidate

Well I just bought the car less than a week ago. It seems like it is a defect that Lexus has. Shouldn’t this be covered under warranty? I called Lexus today and they said if it’s an inside source then it will be covered, but if it’s not then it won’t be covered. I’ll take into the dealer tomorrow and Now I have to pay $175 to get it diagnosed. If what you’re saying, shouldn’t this be covered?
Old 02-05-18, 09:25 AM
gshadow325
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Save your 175. Chances are the tube came off under the radio stack. On the passenger side pull the panel off and chances are the tube for the condenser draind tube is off.

If not windshield is leaking if it is not factory with the Lexus logo on it. Also sunroof drains could be clogged.

Chances are you are going to lose the 175 diagnostic fee for them to tell you it's not covered. That's my guess, if the drains are clogged it's probably not covered.
Old 02-07-18, 02:38 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

All I can say is, I sure hope this wasn't a car pulled from the Harvey disaster we had a few months back. You should have a mechanic look over the car on a lift and look for flooding signs. The dealer that sold it to you may be liable if so.
Old 01-14-24, 10:04 AM
Dylanbrnt340
1st Gear

Default I believe I found the problem

Atleast for my wet floor boards I discovered that the battery well in the trunk was filled with water and was sloshing around and making its way under my back seats and to the floor there is a white hose that came undone behind the battery which was causing it to fill with water

Old 01-17-24, 08:13 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

That is the rear sunroof drain hose. Sadly, this is not that uncommon among many Lexus vehicles with sunroof.
The hose can be pinched, or clogged or separate.
Try cleaning it out with some weed wacker line since you have access to the hose. A clog may create pressure causing it to separate.
The rear hoses can only be accessed the way you did it.
The front sunroof drains can be reached via holes at the front corners of the sunroof. Again, carefully push weed wacker line down the holes.
There are many youtube videos and this is the same on almost every vehicle.
See this RX350 rear sunroof drain leak thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ain-tubes.html
The following users liked this post:
carygoop (01-30-24)
Old 01-30-24, 11:18 AM
carygoop
4th Gear

Thanks for the pro tip on the weedwhacker line. I'm definitely doing this ASAP as I noticed my sunroof was almost entirely clogged.