CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Morimoto LED Fog Housing

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-17, 06:54 AM
NudleBoy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Morimoto LED Fog Housing

Looking to just do an upgrade on my 2011 CT200h. I have the stock LED headlights and wanted to get a pair of LED fog lights as well, but found that just changing the bulb would probably cause some excessive glare.

I came across this kit, and one review guy said he fitted it without an issue on his CT200h. Does anyone have Morimoto XB LED Fog Light assembly? Would love to see some pictures. I've already gone ahead and ordered it anyways. I don't think my LED low beams are 5500k, probably 4300k at most, but these are 5500k. Guess I can live with the difference.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/as...to-xb-led.html
Old 09-19-17, 07:10 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

If you have the stock LED headlights, then you should also have LED fog lights from the factory. It comes with the LED headlight option.
Old 09-19-17, 08:04 AM
NudleBoy
Driver

Originally Posted by Raidin
If you have the stock LED headlights, then you should also have LED fog lights from the factory. It comes with the LED headlight option.
I don’t believe it came from factory with the 2011 model, or maybe it was different for Canada. But I don’t have LED fogs since I’ve already swapped the bulbs a few times to try other brands.
Old 09-20-17, 07:16 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

Oh I see. That's too bad.
Old 09-20-17, 12:15 PM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just installed the Morimoto led foglights, they match the led drl exactly. So if your headlights match the drl you'll be golden.

I installed the Morimoto 5k hid, the color is whiter than the fogs and drl
Old 09-21-17, 08:58 AM
NudleBoy
Driver

Originally Posted by Dirteeboy
Just installed the Morimoto led foglights, they match the led drl exactly. So if your headlights match the drl you'll be golden.

I installed the Morimoto 5k hid, the color is whiter than the fogs and drl
Awesome! Do you have any pictures? My low beams are factory LED's so I'm not sure what K they are, I'm assuming 5000k as well as I have the tech package.
Old 09-21-17, 10:17 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Originally Posted by Duong
Awesome! Do you have any pictures? My low beams are factory LED's so I'm not sure what K they are, I'm assuming 5000k as well as I have the tech package.
I had the morimoto led foglights on my prius with led headlights. Its a good match with the drl and low beams. I know its a different car but K should be the same.
Old 09-23-17, 10:27 AM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Originally Posted by Duong
Sorry bad daylight picture, but you can see the drl and morimoto foglights match up exact. The lowbeams aren't a little off on color, but not too bad.
Old 09-24-17, 05:38 AM
NudleBoy
Driver

That's a great comparison. Thank you!
Old 09-28-17, 10:37 PM
mmmboost
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry bad daylight picture, but you can see the drl and morimoto foglights match up exact. The lowbeams aren't a little off on color, but not too bad.
What was the install like? Were you able to access everything from underneath the bumper/fender? I think you inspired me to get a pair but with the yellow tint.
Old 09-29-17, 12:14 AM
NudleBoy
Driver

Originally Posted by mmmboost
What was the install like? Were you able to access everything from underneath the bumper/fender? I think you inspired me to get a pair but with the yellow tint.
I was told the yellow tint burns on and the light actually outputs as a sort of green colour which is why I opted not to get that.

Something like this: https://imgur.com/ngSLgTY
Old 09-29-17, 01:54 AM
SalsaBoiii
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are your headlights LED? If so, do you think you can link me to the bulbs that you have?

How long have you had them? Have you experienced any problems since you've had them?
Old 09-29-17, 08:32 AM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Originally Posted by mmmboost
The install was easy:
1) Jack up one side of the car, USE JACK STANDS and a SOMETHING UNDER REAR TIRES SO CAR DOES NOT ROLL BACK<<<<<<
2) Remove random screws and plastic clips from plastic cover under foglight (Take a picture of what screws and plastic tabs goes where if you can't remember)
3) Pull down plastic cover
4) Remove bulb connector (a small magnetic shop light helps to see)
5) There's only 1 screw holding the OEM foglight, the rest of the tabs are held in with a bracket (you'll have to stick your head in to see it)
6) Plug in new foglight, make sure it turns on
6) Install new foglight into holding bracket, there's only 1 way it fits, screw in holding screw
7) Tidy up wires (my own OCD)
8) Check to see if foglight turns on again
9) Line up plastic cover under foglight and install the random screws and tabs
10) Rinse and repeat on the other side

Good luck and USE JACK STANDS
The following users liked this post:
mmmboost (09-29-17)
Old 09-29-17, 08:35 AM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Originally Posted by SalsaBoiii
Are your headlights LED? If so, do you think you can link me to the bulbs that you have?

How long have you had them? Have you experienced any problems since you've had them?
Headlights are Morimoto HID

Amazon Amazon

I attached a link. They're pricey, but seem to be better made than other brands I've used. No issues as of yet. The PITA part was finding places to mount the ballasts. Got real creative, lol
Old 09-29-17, 08:37 AM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Originally Posted by SalsaBoiii

Headlights are Morimoto HID

Amazon Amazon

I attached a link. They're pricey, but seem to be better made than other brands I've used. No issues as of yet. The PITA part was finding places to mount the ballasts. Got real creative, lol

Quick Reply: Morimoto LED Fog Housing