CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

black side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 05:41 PM
yuffers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black side mirrors?

Got a F sport CT200h and was wondering if anyone has changed the side mirrors or maybe just the back cover of the side mirrors to black.
Old 05-02-17, 01:27 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I put black vinyl on my mirrors a few years ago and I really liked the look. It is a pain in the *** to vinyl them though because of the shape, and in the summer heat, they peeled back a bit. I recently re-vinyled them in orange to match my new brake calipers and I did it in two pieces this time. The first time I stretched the black vinyl over the whole piece, however this time, I did a small piece on the side and overlapped it a few millimeters. This will stop it from peeling back in the sun because it is not as stretched. I realized after though I overlapped in the wrong order. I overlapped the stretched side over the non-stretched side, and it started to peel back, so I just put another piece on top to hold the seam in place. (sorry, for the confusing explanation) For the support to the mirror, I made rough a template out of paper and then trimmed the vinyl it on the car. You can just push the extra vinyl into the gaps between the panels.

I think the car looks a lot better with black mirrors, and I think the F-Sport should have come like that (just like the NX F-Sport) I know the special edition came with black mirrors however I really didn't like the black door handles. It looks cheap to me. I think if you are serious about having black mirrors, painting them would make more sense, however the vinyl is a good compromise.
Attached Thumbnails black side mirrors?-dsc_1540.jpg   black side mirrors?-orange-mirrors.jpg   black side mirrors?-dsc_0247.jpg   black side mirrors?-dsc_0248.jpg   black side mirrors?-dsc_0250.jpg  

black side mirrors?-dsc_0251.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
yuffers (08-07-18)
Old 05-02-17, 02:07 PM
yuffers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response! Do you mind me asking where you got the vinyl? I might go that route. Every time I see the NX F Sport I say to myself, why couldnt the CT F Sports come like that. Hah

Is it pretty easy to remove the side mirror back covers?