CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Replacing front seat questons

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-17, 01:40 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Replacing front seat questons

I know there are many owners who complain about the comfort of the front and passenger seats. The CT is my fiances car and has had back issues in the past, needless to say the CT seats were pretty uncomfortable and we've even had to stop and get out during long trips because of them. We just had our wheels replaced and got a 2016 IS F-sport as a loaner. the seats in that were leaps and bounds better so my question is:

1 - Is it possible to put the 3IS F-sport seats in out CT F-sport?
2 - Is it a direct swap?
3 - Will it retain all its functions? (movement/positions, heated)

Thanks in advance
Old 04-14-17, 12:05 AM
nacke
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Some people on Priuschat forum have installed Recaro-seats to their cars. Not cheap (~2 000 usd), and you will probably lose electric functions and side airbag.
Old 04-14-17, 05:12 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nacke
Some people on Priuschat forum have installed Recaro-seats to their cars. Not cheap (~2 000 usd), and you will probably lose electric functions and side airbag.
Thanks, that was the other option I was going to look into, if I could keep things Toyota/Lexus brand I think it would integrate better. I was hoping someone had already done this swap.
Old 04-14-17, 02:14 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I was actually thinking about this for a long time. My dream seats are the RCF/GSF seats. They are extremely rare second-hand and expensive. A few years ago a tuning company sold the OEM RCF seats on ebay for $3000 I think it was. They were moding the RCF with race seats and a wide body kit so they didn't need them. That is a lot of money, however it is very cheap considering the seats would probably be other ten grand if you got them new from a dealer. Obviously the IS 350 seats would be more affordable, however still not cheap. You would be lucky if you got them for $1500 each. The good news is that the seat controls are actually on the seats so I think that they would work transferred over. A lot of cars like Mercedes have the seat controls on the door or center console so that would not transfer at all. I would be concerned about the airbag however. Even if the seats you bought had an airbag, it would be designed for a different shaped car and might be dangerous if they went off. I guess you could potentially move the airbags from the CT seat over however I feel like that is way too sketchy to attempt. Also the resale value would plummet like a rock.

Besides that orange supercharged CT made of bondo from SEMA 2011, the only other CT I know of with race seats is this one:
https://www.clublexus.com/articles/m...-200h-f-sport/
These seats were apparently $6000 which is RIDICULOUS!

The following users liked this post:
MAizz (04-16-17)
Old 04-16-17, 07:32 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Thank, definitely looks a lot better and should be more comfortable, price is way too high though. Where does the airbag sit on the seat? I'm willing to tackle a one off project (swap the seat back to maintain original brackets/fitment but would have to actually do some research on how much work it would be)

The other option I was thinking was just swapping the headrest from a 3IS or 4GS since they are more adjustable, anyone ever try this? Or have one of those Lexus models and could try it?