2012 CT200h Fsport Special Edition question - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


CT 200h Model (2011-present)

2012 CT200h Fsport Special Edition question

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-17, 07:52 AM   #1
tofuprod
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
tofuprod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default 2012 CT200h Fsport Special Edition question

Not sure if any of you gen 1's can answer this, but as my title states, I have a 2012 F Sport SE.

I was browsing a few threads and noticed the CTs (all years??) come with the auto-tilt feature which when you shift into Reverse, they tilt down automatically and upon putting it back in Drive, they go back to their prior assumed position.

Mine has never done that, nor did I even know it was available, however my "mirror switch" has always been in the middle, I've never set it to be L or R, which I read may cause this thing?

Can anyone chime in on if this is available on a 2012, and if so, how to get it to work?

Sidenote, I don't know if my car has the "1, 2, 3" memory seat thing, but that would be nice too, considering it's a fully loaded CT, wasn't sure if I may have missed something here.

TIA.
tofuprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 07:00 AM   #2
GSCT
Driver
 
GSCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 146
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Put the mirror control to left (I think) to make the mirrors tilt down in reverse. If you have memory seats, you should have the control on the side of the driver's door. Congrats on the F Sport! We had a 2015 and replaced it with a 2017, so obviously I think it's a great car
GSCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 08:14 AM   #3
Raidin
Pole Position
 
Raidin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 265
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

GSCT is right. To elaborate, putting the mirror switch to the center (neutral) position turns off that feature. Putting on left or right will allow the mirrors to tilt when reversing.
Raidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 02:44 PM   #4
SteveMason
Driver
 
SteveMason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Britsh Columbia
Posts: 170
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I hope this works on my car... maybe I will finally stop running over small children!
SteveMason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveMason For This Useful Post:
xis (06-12-17)
Old 04-17-17, 08:31 AM   #5
tofuprod
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
tofuprod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSCT View Post
Put the mirror control to left (I think) to make the mirrors tilt down in reverse. If you have memory seats, you should have the control on the side of the driver's door. Congrats on the F Sport! We had a 2015 and replaced it with a 2017, so obviously I think it's a great car
I tried that today and nothing happened?

I don't think my 2012 has memory seats, they're just normal power seats. Nothing on my driver seats that indicate the "1" "2" "3" memory function, which I think is a bit odd? Since I have the F-Sport SE, shouldn't it be fully loaded? I have Navi/Subwoofer, etc all from lexus. Not sure what else should "entitle" me to have this auto-tilt down feature for the mirrors?

Can anyone else with a 2013 or older (gen 1) CT please chime in on this?
tofuprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-17, 07:26 PM   #6
lexusrus
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 1,147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts
Default

I found some answers for you:

In the 2012 CT200h sales flyer:
(Look at the leather option section)

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...T-Brochure.pdf
Look at the very bottom on the very last page of the PDF document.

Evidently in order to get the auto tilt outside mirrors on the 2012 CT200h, you will need the "Leather Package which will also require the Premium Sound Package". Just by having the F Sport does not guarantee "tilt mirrors".

When I got my 2013 CT200h, there were literally some more than a dozen CT200h on the lot. I discovered that the F Sport models did not have some options I wanted and some non F Sport models HAD the options I wanted. But not "both". I opted for a "FULLY LOADED" non F Sport CT200h at a steep discount (it was the highest MSRP CT200h on the lot and was difficult for the dealer to move this particular CT200h). So as it turned out mine had the auto tilt down outside mirrors.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
OPTIONS AND PACKAGES
*
(CT 200h Premium
)
PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
Lexus 10-speaker Premium Sound System with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and
in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside mirror with compass (compass not included if
equipped with Navigation)
HomeLink
® universal transceiver to operate compatible garage, gate, home lighting and
home security systems
NAVIGATION PACKAGE (REQUIRES PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
)
HDD Navigation System13 including Remote Touch12 device, voice command, retractable
color LCD display with integrated backup camera35 and enhanced Bluetooth
® technology19
NavTraffic,™13,14 NavWeather
™13,14 and Sports and Stocks.13,14 Subscription required. 90-day
trial subscription included
Lexus Enform®15,16 offers Destination Assist and eDestination. Subscription required.
One-year trial subscription included
LEATHER PACKAGE (REQUIRES PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
)
Perforated leather-trimmed interior
Lexus Memory System to control power driver’s seat (except lumbar) and outside mirrors
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto-tiltdown in reverse
Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers

​​​​​F SPORT™ PACKAGE
17-in 10-spoke alloy wheels
9 with Dark Graphite finish
F Sport-tuned suspension
F Sport upper and lower grille inserts and rear spoiler
Black NuLuxe or available Black leather with white perforations interior trim
F Sport leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****, front fender badges, striated
graphite metallic dash panel, aluminum sport pedals and metal front door-sill scuff plates
Black headliner
OPTIONS
Pre-Collision System (PCS)10 and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control21 (requires Navigation and
Leather Packages)
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside mirror with compass and backup camera35
LED low-beam headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling and headlamp washers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuprod View Post
I tried that today and nothing happened?

I don't think my 2012 has memory seats, they're just normal power seats. Nothing on my driver seats that indicate the "1" "2" "3" memory function, which I think is a bit odd? Since I have the F-Sport SE, shouldn't it be fully loaded? I have Navi/Subwoofer, etc all from lexus. Not sure what else should "entitle" me to have this auto-tilt down feature for the mirrors?

Can anyone else with a 2013 or older (gen 1) CT please chime in on this?
lexusrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 04:39 AM   #7
tofuprod
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
tofuprod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusrus View Post
I found some answers for you:

In the 2012 CT200h sales flyer:
(Look at the leather option section)

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...T-Brochure.pdf
Look at the very bottom on the very last page of the PDF document.

Evidently in order to get the auto tilt outside mirrors on the 2012 CT200h, you will need the "Leather Package which will also require the Premium Sound Package". Just by having the F Sport does not guarantee "tilt mirrors".

When I got my 2013 CT200h, there were literally some more than a dozen CT200h on the lot. I discovered that the F Sport models did not have some options I wanted and some non F Sport models HAD the options I wanted. But not "both". I opted for a "FULLY LOADED" non F Sport CT200h at a steep discount (it was the highest MSRP CT200h on the lot and was difficult for the dealer to move this particular CT200h). So as it turned out mine had the auto tilt down outside mirrors.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
OPTIONS AND PACKAGES
*
(CT 200h Premium
)
PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
Lexus 10-speaker Premium Sound System with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and
in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside mirror with compass (compass not included if
equipped with Navigation)
HomeLink
® universal transceiver to operate compatible garage, gate, home lighting and
home security systems
NAVIGATION PACKAGE (REQUIRES PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
)
HDD Navigation System13 including Remote Touch12 device, voice command, retractable
color LCD display with integrated backup camera35 and enhanced Bluetooth
® technology19
NavTraffic,™13,14 NavWeather
™13,14 and Sports and Stocks.13,14 Subscription required. 90-day
trial subscription included
Lexus Enform®15,16 offers Destination Assist and eDestination. Subscription required.
One-year trial subscription included
LEATHER PACKAGE (REQUIRES PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
)
Perforated leather-trimmed interior
Lexus Memory System to control power driver’s seat (except lumbar) and outside mirrors
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto-tiltdown in reverse
Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers

​​​​​F SPORT™ PACKAGE
17-in 10-spoke alloy wheels
9 with Dark Graphite finish
F Sport-tuned suspension
F Sport upper and lower grille inserts and rear spoiler
Black NuLuxe or available Black leather with white perforations interior trim
F Sport leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****, front fender badges, striated
graphite metallic dash panel, aluminum sport pedals and metal front door-sill scuff plates
Black headliner
OPTIONS
Pre-Collision System (PCS)10 and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control21 (requires Navigation and
Leather Packages)
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside mirror with compass and backup camera35
LED low-beam headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling and headlamp washers

Thanks very much for this - so I'm confused though, my CT does have navigation as well as the sub, so I would assume I have the premium audio package, the F sport SE does not come with leather, as it comes with the NuLux leather type seats, so I'm still unsure...

I just really want auto tilt! Haha..

Can others chime in please?
tofuprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 05:53 PM   #8
chargerfan
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
chargerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

just tried to reverse my 2013 F Sport, no auto tilt. I tried both L and R switches for the mirror controls. Too bad, I would have been pretty pumped to see my mirrors auto tilt
chargerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 05:55 PM   #9
chargerfan
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
chargerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Also .... if I recall, I had to choose between the F sport package OR the Leather package ... no way to combine and get both. So if my memory serves me right, the choice was go F sport, or not at all. I chose F sport, and I gave up the ability to have the leather package
chargerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 06:45 PM   #10
lexusrus
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 1,147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Me too, except I went the other way with NON F SPORT in favor of some other options that I wanted instead (TILT OUTSIDE MIRRORS AND LEATHER)..

I don't know why Lexus HQ did it the way it was? Maybe cost? It maybe trying to streamline the assembly line to crank out more cars per hour? IDK.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerfan View Post
Also .... if I recall, I had to choose between the F sport package OR the Leather package ... no way to combine and get both. So if my memory serves me right, the choice was go F sport, or not at all. I chose F sport, and I gave up the ability to have the leather package
lexusrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:37 AM   #11
Raidin
Pole Position
 
Raidin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 265
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

The leather package is sort of the top-tier package that gives you the last of the good stuff. There IS an F Sport version of the leather package, with special white-perforated leather seats and black headliner along with the other goods. If you choose the F Sport pack, you can't get the regular leather pack, you have to get the F Sport leather pack. I can say with certainty since I custom-ordered mine that way (it was all listed in the brochure).
Raidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 05:22 PM   #12
lexusrus
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 1,147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts
Default

So does your CT200h F Sport have the auto tilt down outside mirrors?

IMHO it is just another way Lexus HQ trying to squeeze more money out of a potential buyer.

I went with a "fully loaded" CT200h at a STEEP DISCOUNT. I refused to pay retail!!!

Back in my college days many many many years ago, I can only afford a totally strip down car. Back then it was WITHOUT AC AND HAD HAND CRANKED WINDOWS AND MANUAL TRANSMISSION!!! Later on I "graduated" to fully loaded cars and it once I got a taste of it, it is impossible to go back!!! 😁😁😋😋

The perforated leather seats in my CT200h still DID NOT have cooled seats (this WAS NOT EVEN A OPTION ON THE CT200h!!!).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidin View Post
The leather package is sort of the top-tier package that gives you the last of the good stuff. There IS an F Sport version of the leather package, with special white-perforated leather seats and black headliner along with the other goods. If you choose the F Sport pack, you can't get the regular leather pack, you have to get the F Sport leather pack. I can say with certainty since I custom-ordered mine that way (it was all listed in the brochure).
lexusrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 07:47 AM   #13
Raidin
Pole Position
 
Raidin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 265
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Yes, I have the auto-tilt mirror function.

I found my brochure on Lexus' site: http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...h-Brochure.pdf

If you look at page 18, you'll see the "Luxury Package" with normal and F Sport versions. This is what used to be called the Leather package before. I had forgotten they changed the name.
Raidin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NX Side-Mirror-Tilt in Reverse and Other Tricks cb80923 NX Models (2015-present) 7 03-20-17 09:40 AM
2012 Navigation system question Ct20o CT 200h Model (2011-present) 4 03-12-17 09:09 AM
Side view mirror tilt in reverse DP03 GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 4 10-18-16 05:03 PM
2012 NAV Grind / Click Zwolfe CT 200h Model (2011-present) 0 07-26-16 10:02 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: