CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

2012 CT200h Fsport Special Edition question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-17, 07:52 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 231 Likes on 183 Posts
Default 2012 CT200h Fsport Special Edition question

Not sure if any of you gen 1's can answer this, but as my title states, I have a 2012 F Sport SE.

I was browsing a few threads and noticed the CTs (all years??) come with the auto-tilt feature which when you shift into Reverse, they tilt down automatically and upon putting it back in Drive, they go back to their prior assumed position.

Mine has never done that, nor did I even know it was available, however my "mirror switch" has always been in the middle, I've never set it to be L or R, which I read may cause this thing?

Can anyone chime in on if this is available on a 2012, and if so, how to get it to work?

Sidenote, I don't know if my car has the "1, 2, 3" memory seat thing, but that would be nice too, considering it's a fully loaded CT, wasn't sure if I may have missed something here.

TIA.
Old 04-14-17, 07:00 AM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put the mirror control to left (I think) to make the mirrors tilt down in reverse. If you have memory seats, you should have the control on the side of the driver's door. Congrats on the F Sport! We had a 2015 and replaced it with a 2017, so obviously I think it's a great car
Old 04-14-17, 08:14 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

GSCT is right. To elaborate, putting the mirror switch to the center (neutral) position turns off that feature. Putting on left or right will allow the mirrors to tilt when reversing.
The following users liked this post:
shadow1118 (09-20-18)
Old 04-14-17, 02:44 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope this works on my car... maybe I will finally stop running over small children!
The following users liked this post:
xis (06-12-17)
Old 04-17-17, 08:31 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Originally Posted by GSCT
Put the mirror control to left (I think) to make the mirrors tilt down in reverse. If you have memory seats, you should have the control on the side of the driver's door. Congrats on the F Sport! We had a 2015 and replaced it with a 2017, so obviously I think it's a great car
I tried that today and nothing happened?

I don't think my 2012 has memory seats, they're just normal power seats. Nothing on my driver seats that indicate the "1" "2" "3" memory function, which I think is a bit odd? Since I have the F-Sport SE, shouldn't it be fully loaded? I have Navi/Subwoofer, etc all from lexus. Not sure what else should "entitle" me to have this auto-tilt down feature for the mirrors?

Can anyone else with a 2013 or older (gen 1) CT please chime in on this?
Old 04-17-17, 07:26 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I found some answers for you:

In the 2012 CT200h sales flyer:
(Look at the leather option section)

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...T-Brochure.pdf
Look at the very bottom on the very last page of the PDF document.

Evidently in order to get the auto tilt outside mirrors on the 2012 CT200h, you will need the "Leather Package which will also require the Premium Sound Package". Just by having the F Sport does not guarantee "tilt mirrors".

When I got my 2013 CT200h, there were literally some more than a dozen CT200h on the lot. I discovered that the F Sport models did not have some options I wanted and some non F Sport models HAD the options I wanted. But not "both". I opted for a "FULLY LOADED" non F Sport CT200h at a steep discount (it was the highest MSRP CT200h on the lot and was difficult for the dealer to move this particular CT200h). So as it turned out mine had the auto tilt down outside mirrors.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
OPTIONS AND PACKAGES
(CT 200h Premium
)
PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
Lexus 10-speaker Premium Sound System with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and
in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside mirror with compass (compass not included if
equipped with Navigation)
HomeLink
® universal transceiver to operate compatible garage, gate, home lighting and
home security systems
NAVIGATION PACKAGE (REQUIRES PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
)
HDD Navigation System13 including Remote Touch12 device, voice command, retractable
color LCD display with integrated backup camera35 and enhanced Bluetooth
® technology19
NavTraffic,™13,14 NavWeather
™13,14 and Sports and Stocks.13,14 Subscription required. 90-day
trial subscription included
Lexus Enform®15,16 offers Destination Assist and eDestination. Subscription required.
One-year trial subscription included
LEATHER PACKAGE (REQUIRES PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
)
Perforated leather-trimmed interior
Lexus Memory System to control power driver’s seat (except lumbar) and outside mirrors
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto-tiltdown in reverse
Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers

​​​​​F SPORT™ PACKAGE
17-in 10-spoke alloy wheels
9 with Dark Graphite finish
F Sport-tuned suspension
F Sport upper and lower grille inserts and rear spoiler
Black NuLuxe or available Black leather with white perforations interior trim
F Sport leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****, front fender badges, striated
graphite metallic dash panel, aluminum sport pedals and metal front door-sill scuff plates
Black headliner
OPTIONS
Pre-Collision System (PCS)10 and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control21 (requires Navigation and
Leather Packages)
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside mirror with compass and backup camera35
LED low-beam headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling and headlamp washers

Originally Posted by tofuprod
I tried that today and nothing happened?

I don't think my 2012 has memory seats, they're just normal power seats. Nothing on my driver seats that indicate the "1" "2" "3" memory function, which I think is a bit odd? Since I have the F-Sport SE, shouldn't it be fully loaded? I have Navi/Subwoofer, etc all from lexus. Not sure what else should "entitle" me to have this auto-tilt down feature for the mirrors?

Can anyone else with a 2013 or older (gen 1) CT please chime in on this?
Old 04-18-17, 04:39 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I found some answers for you:

In the 2012 CT200h sales flyer:
(Look at the leather option section)

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...T-Brochure.pdf
Look at the very bottom on the very last page of the PDF document.

Evidently in order to get the auto tilt outside mirrors on the 2012 CT200h, you will need the "Leather Package which will also require the Premium Sound Package". Just by having the F Sport does not guarantee "tilt mirrors".

When I got my 2013 CT200h, there were literally some more than a dozen CT200h on the lot. I discovered that the F Sport models did not have some options I wanted and some non F Sport models HAD the options I wanted. But not "both". I opted for a "FULLY LOADED" non F Sport CT200h at a steep discount (it was the highest MSRP CT200h on the lot and was difficult for the dealer to move this particular CT200h). So as it turned out mine had the auto tilt down outside mirrors.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
OPTIONS AND PACKAGES
(CT 200h Premium
)
PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
Lexus 10-speaker Premium Sound System with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and
in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside mirror with compass (compass not included if
equipped with Navigation)
HomeLink
® universal transceiver to operate compatible garage, gate, home lighting and
home security systems
NAVIGATION PACKAGE (REQUIRES PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
)
HDD Navigation System13 including Remote Touch12 device, voice command, retractable
color LCD display with integrated backup camera35 and enhanced Bluetooth
® technology19
NavTraffic,™13,14 NavWeather
™13,14 and Sports and Stocks.13,14 Subscription required. 90-day
trial subscription included
Lexus Enform®15,16 offers Destination Assist and eDestination. Subscription required.
One-year trial subscription included
LEATHER PACKAGE (REQUIRES PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
)
Perforated leather-trimmed interior
Lexus Memory System to control power driver’s seat (except lumbar) and outside mirrors
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto-tiltdown in reverse
Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers

​​​​​F SPORT™ PACKAGE
17-in 10-spoke alloy wheels
9 with Dark Graphite finish
F Sport-tuned suspension
F Sport upper and lower grille inserts and rear spoiler
Black NuLuxe or available Black leather with white perforations interior trim
F Sport leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****, front fender badges, striated
graphite metallic dash panel, aluminum sport pedals and metal front door-sill scuff plates
Black headliner
OPTIONS
Pre-Collision System (PCS)10 and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control21 (requires Navigation and
Leather Packages)
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside mirror with compass and backup camera35
LED low-beam headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling and headlamp washers

Thanks very much for this - so I'm confused though, my CT does have navigation as well as the sub, so I would assume I have the premium audio package, the F sport SE does not come with leather, as it comes with the NuLux leather type seats, so I'm still unsure...

I just really want auto tilt! Haha..

Can others chime in please?
Old 04-18-17, 05:53 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

just tried to reverse my 2013 F Sport, no auto tilt. I tried both L and R switches for the mirror controls. Too bad, I would have been pretty pumped to see my mirrors auto tilt
Old 04-18-17, 05:55 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Also .... if I recall, I had to choose between the F sport package OR the Leather package ... no way to combine and get both. So if my memory serves me right, the choice was go F sport, or not at all. I chose F sport, and I gave up the ability to have the leather package
Old 04-18-17, 06:45 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Me too, except I went the other way with NON F SPORT in favor of some other options that I wanted instead (TILT OUTSIDE MIRRORS AND LEATHER)..

I don't know why Lexus HQ did it the way it was? Maybe cost? It maybe trying to streamline the assembly line to crank out more cars per hour? IDK.

Originally Posted by chargerfan
Also .... if I recall, I had to choose between the F sport package OR the Leather package ... no way to combine and get both. So if my memory serves me right, the choice was go F sport, or not at all. I chose F sport, and I gave up the ability to have the leather package
Old 04-19-17, 07:37 AM
Raidin
Advanced

The leather package is sort of the top-tier package that gives you the last of the good stuff. There IS an F Sport version of the leather package, with special white-perforated leather seats and black headliner along with the other goods. If you choose the F Sport pack, you can't get the regular leather pack, you have to get the F Sport leather pack. I can say with certainty since I custom-ordered mine that way (it was all listed in the brochure).
Old 04-20-17, 05:22 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

So does your CT200h F Sport have the auto tilt down outside mirrors?

IMHO it is just another way Lexus HQ trying to squeeze more money out of a potential buyer.

I went with a "fully loaded" CT200h at a STEEP DISCOUNT. I refused to pay retail!!!

Back in my college days many many many years ago, I can only afford a totally strip down car. Back then it was WITHOUT AC AND HAD HAND CRANKED WINDOWS AND MANUAL TRANSMISSION!!! Later on I "graduated" to fully loaded cars and it once I got a taste of it, it is impossible to go back!!! 😁😁😋😋

The perforated leather seats in my CT200h still DID NOT have cooled seats (this WAS NOT EVEN A OPTION ON THE CT200h!!!).

Originally Posted by Raidin
The leather package is sort of the top-tier package that gives you the last of the good stuff. There IS an F Sport version of the leather package, with special white-perforated leather seats and black headliner along with the other goods. If you choose the F Sport pack, you can't get the regular leather pack, you have to get the F Sport leather pack. I can say with certainty since I custom-ordered mine that way (it was all listed in the brochure).
Old 04-21-17, 07:47 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Yes, I have the auto-tilt mirror function.

I found my brochure on Lexus' site: http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...h-Brochure.pdf

If you look at page 18, you'll see the "Luxury Package" with normal and F Sport versions. This is what used to be called the Leather package before. I had forgotten they changed the name.