CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Spring Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-16, 03:20 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spring Recommendations

Whats up CL? New to the site and new to the CT200h. I've been trying to find reviews on different lowering springs but I haven't found much info. What I have found, Ill more then likely go with Megans or F Sport (blues). Can anyone give me some feedback on ride quality on either of these? My previous car, I started on Eibach pro kit, only Eibach kit available for it, and my main complaint was even after trimming the bump-stops up front, I was still bottoming them out often, very harsh hits and bangs. Besides that, the ride quality was great. A little stiffer but that comes with lowering springs. Does anyone have this problem in their CT with bottoming out the bump-stops?? I ended up switching to BC coils because of the bottoming out and wanted more low but even having the dampening set soft, it was a little stiff for my daily, 500 miles a week outside sales. I told myself I wouldn't mod this car but I have a tint appointment next weekend and I wanna try and kill some of this wheels gap. Anyone with experience with either of these spring on their CT, Megan and f Sport blues, please help me out. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Spring Recommendations-8c6de49ba56240c9915ba100182e6617-1.jpg   Spring Recommendations-img_7933.jpeg  
Old 10-30-16, 04:37 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

I have a 2015 F-Sport and originally had Megan Springs. I though the ride was pretty close to stock with about 1.5" in the front and not quite 1" in the rear. I enjoyed the Megans, just wasn't low enough for me.
Old 10-30-16, 04:44 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldwineguy
I have a 2015 F-Sport and originally had Megan Springs. I though the ride was pretty close to stock with about 1.5" in the front and not quite 1" in the rear. I enjoyed the Megans, just wasn't low enough for me.

Thanks for the reply. Ive noticed you're a pretty active member on these CT forums and your car looks great. As much as I just want to slam this car on coils, my job just doesn't allow that to be functional. Im just trying to get rid a some of the dreaded wheel gap. Did you have any problems with your struts bottoming out on the bump-stops or any other harshness hitting bigger bumps?
Old 10-30-16, 07:27 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

If you keep the stock wheels then no you won't have any problems. I started rubbing a little when I went to the 19" AGs and the ride was a little harsher because of the 35 tires.
Old 10-30-16, 08:07 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldwineguy
If you keep the stock wheels then no you won't have any problems. I started rubbing a little when I went to the 19" AGs and the ride was a little harsher because of the 35 tires.
Gotcha. Just to be clear, you didn't have any problems with the suspension bottoming out? Just tires rubbing when you went up to 19s? Only reason I'm concerned is that my last car I lowered with springs, it felt like it was riding on the bump-stops and barely had any travel in the strut.
Old 10-31-16, 07:59 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

No, I didn't have any problem bottoming out, the ride is almost like stock.
Old 11-01-16, 01:13 PM
mmmboost
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought Tanabe springs for my CT but haven't installed them yet. They're supposed to lower the car 1.5" all the way around which is the lowest I was able to find using springs and should eliminate the wheel gap.
Old 11-01-16, 01:19 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mmmboost
I bought Tanabe springs for my CT but haven't installed them yet. They're supposed to lower the car 1.5" all the way around which is the lowest I was able to find using springs and should eliminate the wheel gap.

I thought about those but it looks like the rear comes down more because of how the fender design is, which it's a even drop but the arches are smaller in the rear. Megan's give you that racked look while give the appearance of a even drop in the wheel gap. 1.5" f and .9" r
Old 12-05-16, 02:07 PM
mmmboost
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well now you've got me second guessing the set of springs I've settled on >.<

But I will probably stick with them unless it looks really off.
Old 12-07-16, 11:17 AM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I got Fsport lowering springs and they make the ride a lot more harsh but I like being able to feel the road. I don't like how the drop isn't even as the rear is a lot lower. I think the Megan's would give the best stance.

If I was to do it again I would just get adjustable coil overs. They cost more however the labor of installing them is less because you don't have to remove the existing springs. (unless you are able to diy) I am always changing my opinion about the perfect stance so being able to adjust it would be a great option imo.
Old 12-19-16, 02:47 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Well I ended up buying the blue F Sport lowering springs. Rides the same as the stock F Sport springs. I do wish the fronts would have came down a little more but it's a even drop. They have just over 1000 miles on them. Pretty much settled. Wish I could slam it but this will work for being a daily.

Old 07-26-23, 11:37 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts

Old thread, but I wish the f-sport springs I just installed gave me the second picture look. Seems perfect for the wheel well. I'm still at the stock 26" height from the ground to the bottom of the fenders. I'm not entirely sure why they didn't drop the car at all..

-Nigel
Old 10-02-23, 12:46 PM
slowct
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

megan springs work well
Old 10-03-23, 11:07 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts

I have two sets of F-sport blue springs well 2 1/2 I guess. and I took off the blues for the Tanabe. I like the drop of the Tanabe and they are more forgiving than the blue f-sport springs. I have a set of blue f-sport sway bars coming so I don't know if I'll put the blue springs back on so that everything matches...

Not of a fan of Megan stuff, their items are normally lower tiered compared to other manufactures.

-Nigel
Old 11-05-23, 06:06 AM
LoLexCT200
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Manzo lowering springs/ride height, Megan h-brace

2014 Megan springs same OEM shocks absorbers. Really no change in quality ride but definitely noticeable improvement in handling but I also install a “H-brace”

H-Brace

Middle two are front, one on outer are rears. And the H-brace. And yes the gap is 1” from tire to bt lip of fender.

rear springs
in front suspension bottom parts.

Stance /ride height

Megan front install

Side profile height Megan springs

Current stance after lowering to suspension.
The following users liked this post:
TobiasSing (11-05-23)

Quick Reply: Spring Recommendations