M. Levinson Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-16, 05:06 AM
Jamiroquai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M. Levinson Audio System

Hi there,

As a brand new (but used) CT200h owner, I would like to ask, if any of you knows the input of the M. Levinson audio system? How many Watts?
I already found many information, that it has 13 speakers and an 8.channel ML amlifier.. but that's all.

Thank you in advance,
Jamiroquai
Old 05-28-16, 09:01 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Are you sure you have a Mark Levinson system? I see you are "out of US".
Old 05-28-16, 10:55 AM
Jamiroquai
Driver School Candidate

Yes I am, the car is from Holland, and has the Luxury-line package, so it is definitely a Mark Levinson system.
It sounds fabolous, I don't compalin...I'm simply just curious
Old 05-28-16, 04:12 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Usually overseas Lexus vehicles are equipped higher versus US versions with higher prices tags.

To be sure, do you see the words Mark Levinson on the console? With a red light dot on whenever the car is on? If not, you don't have Mark Levinson. On my CT200H, I have the factory upgraded sound system with a subwoofer in the back. But no ML. Still sounds pretty good for what it is. But definitely no match for the ML system in my LX570 and RC-F.

Originally Posted by Jamiroquai
Yes I am, the car is from Holland, and has the Luxury-line package, so it is definitely a Mark Levinson system.
It sounds fabolous, I don't compalin...I'm simply just curious
Old 05-28-16, 04:56 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I have the factory upgraded sound system with a subwoofer in the back. But no ML. Still sounds pretty good for what it is. But definitely no match for the ML system in my LX570 and RC-F.
I drove an RC w/ ML system loaner for over two weeks and I actually think my upgraded CT system (replaced 6 speakers and added an Alpine mini-amp) is better in all aspects except the center speaker in the RC did add a lot of depth. When I first got in the car and saw it had ML, I automatically thought the sound would be much more amazing than in my car, but by the time my two weeks came up, I was missing the CT sound.
Old 05-29-16, 12:34 AM
Jamiroquai
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Usually overseas Lexus vehicles are equipped higher versus US versions with higher prices tags.

To be sure, do you see the words Mark Levinson on the console? With a red light dot on whenever the car is on? If not, you don't have Mark Levinson. On my CT200H, I have the factory upgraded sound system with a subwoofer in the back. But no ML. Still sounds pretty good for what it is. But definitely no match for the ML system in my LX570 and RC-F.
Yes, the ML words are there on the concole
Unfortunately I can't take a photo of it...I already signed the contracts with the dealership on Friday, but due to some further paperwork, I'll get the car only around Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 05-29-16, 06:27 AM
gshadow325
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

ML and Bose found in other cars are pretty much engineered sound vs real sound.

Example is bass, system sounds boomy but has no feeling of boom. I run across this on a daily basis. Common misconception of quality sound. Average consumer is fine with that.

My 10 inch jl sub feels boomy and loads of bass. Vs oem sub sounds like that there is bass. It's so hard to tell you Vs show you in a car
Old 05-29-16, 01:52 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

IDK. Maybe due to smaller volume of the car in CT200H and the fact you upgraded the speakers so that it now sounds BETTER?

Also if you connect via hard wire vs bluetooth, the ML will sound EVEN MORE AMAZING! !

Similarly CD's with highest sampling bit rates will sound AMAZING WITH THE ML SYSTEM.

I realize that there are many much better and maybe even cheaper after market systems out there, but for a factory ML system with all the integration. ...... it is one of the best out there for MOST consumers.

Originally Posted by RonSwanson
I drove an RC w/ ML system loaner for over two weeks and I actually think my upgraded CT system (replaced 6 speakers and added an Alpine mini-amp) is better in all aspects except the center speaker in the RC did add a lot of depth. When I first got in the car and saw it had ML, I automatically thought the sound would be much more amazing than in my car, but by the time my two weeks came up, I was missing the CT sound.