CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

[Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones

Old 03-19-16, 12:31 PM
604ct
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones

This post is not so much of a DIY but more like a product review but I think it adds tremendous value, usability and it looks great too!

https://www.amazon.ca/Koomus-Pro-CD-...eywords=koomus

[Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones-gstzguu.jpg
[Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones-itgsjqx.jpg
Old 03-24-16, 12:35 PM
twindc23
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered! I hope this will work with the iPhone 6+
Old 03-25-16, 09:10 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by twindc23
Ordered! I hope this will work with the iPhone 6+
Might want to consider cancelling. It works BUT you can't view it in landscape because not only does it slide down gradually when you drive, but also the gear shifter is in the way. I had this for an iPhone 6 and was great, but then I upgraded to the 6+ and things got bad. I now use this:

Obviously, not the best when you want to use the A/C, but if I do I just put the phone down next to the cup holders.
Old 03-25-16, 09:24 AM
twindc23
Rookie

damn. I have been using the iOttie but the 6+ takes all of 1 a/c vents.

I have this too, but wont even fit or attach to the cd slot cause its to straight forward and long

Old 03-25-16, 09:27 AM
twindc23
Rookie

Originally Posted by RonSwanson
Might want to consider cancelling. It works BUT you can't view it in landscape because not only does it slide down gradually when you drive, but also the gear shifter is in the way. I had this for an iPhone 6 and was great, but then I upgraded to the 6+ and things got bad.
Obviously, not the best when you want to use the A/C, but if I do I just put the phone down next to the cup holders.
Ron, even when you slide it way to the right it still doesn't fit?
Old 03-25-16, 02:13 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Ron, even when you slide it way to the right it still doesn't fit?
I can't find the exact CD one I had, but it looks exactly like the old version of this picture: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg
Amazon link:
Amazon.com: #1 Magnetic Mount- InfiniApps The Original Patented Slyde CD Slot Mount, Car phone mount for Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: #1 Magnetic Mount- InfiniApps The Original Patented Slyde CD Slot Mount, Car phone mount for Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories

You had to invert it (w/ the screw pointing up). That's the only way you could make it go into the CD hole. And then w/ this orientation, you can't go landscape because the 6+ hits the Drive Mode **** (correction from the Shift **** I said before). Actually, here is a picture of my interior I took awhile back and you can see how close the circle of the magnet is near the big ****: https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...49f4880afd.jpg

BUT after finding my old holder specs for you and seeing that there's a new version, this new version might work since it looks more compact. OR you could try the ProClipUSA mounts which are $$, but custom made for CT & iPhone.

Lemme know if you try that new model CD holder. If it works out I'll get it too

EDIT: After comparing where my holder sits and w/ the OP, the OP's holder might work for the 6+ too.

Last edited by RonSwanson; 03-25-16 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-28-16, 01:18 PM
twindc23
Rookie

The Op's option works fine with the 6+
Attached Thumbnails [Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones-img_7404.jpg   [Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones-img_7405.jpg  
Old 03-28-16, 04:17 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

The Op's option works fine with the 6+
Oh nice! I'm definitely either going to order this one or that "new" one I linked before. I wish they had an all black one. It almost seems like the mount has the opposite problem as the one I had before being too low, but this one looks too high, or is it just the angle of the camera? Does it fit square on the back of the phone? Also, I saw that the Koomus one can rotate 360, but does it tilt as well? Thanks!
Old 03-28-16, 07:03 PM
twindc23
Rookie

Oh nice! I'm definitely either going to order this one or that "new" one I linked before. I wish they had an all black one. It almost seems like the mount has the opposite problem as the one I had before being too low, but this one looks too high, or is it just the angle of the camera? Does it fit square on the back of the phone? Also, I saw that the Koomus one can rotate 360, but does it tilt as well? Thanks!
i had to flip it around to make it fit right on the CD slot. The phone does sit flat on the mount with no issue. It does 360 and tilts.
I'm going to order the new version of the ones you got. I want to try it out too.
Old 03-30-16, 02:43 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

i had to flip it around to make it fit right on the CD slot. The phone does sit flat on the mount with no issue. It does 360 and tilts.
I'm going to order the new version of the ones you got. I want to try it out too.
Did you get the InfiniApps one yet? Amazon Prime go go lol. Actually one concern is that the mount will have trouble keeping the larger 6+ still w/ the stiff suspension. The rectangular Koomus one seems like more surface area, but I wonder if the quality of the magnet is the same as the InfiniApps. Only twindc23 can solve this mystery

Last edited by RonSwanson; 03-30-16 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-30-16, 06:38 AM
twindc23
Rookie

I did get the InfiniApps yesterday. You have to invert it to make it work (screw on top). Its also hard to thumb screw the screw to make the holder tighten on the cd slot. There isn't enough room for play. You have to somewhat pre-tighten the thing and shove it on the cd slot. But once in, it seems to hold pretty tightly. I didnt get to test drive it, but will follow up with a review and some pics when I get home later this evening. The arm and magnet is the same as the others, pretty strong and sturdy. The arm on this one is actually more stiff, than the others.
I already boxed the Koomus and returning it to Amazon today. The Koomus just didnt sit flush with the cd slot and was getting loose after a few removes of the 6+.
Old 03-30-16, 04:13 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Dang, that sucks. I had the do the same pre-tightening w/ the CD holder I had use too. Hopefully, the InfiniApps one holds up. I'd really like to be able to use this w/ summer coming so I can put the phone there when I want to use AC although I still prefer the AC mount since it's a much higher angle, so I can still see the road.
Old 03-31-16, 09:06 PM
twindc23
Rookie

Dang, that sucks. I had the do the same pre-tightening w/ the CD holder I had use too. Hopefully, the InfiniApps one holds up. I'd really like to be able to use this w/ summer coming so I can put the phone there when I want to use AC although I still prefer the AC mount since it's a much higher angle, so I can still see the road.
I totally agree the vent is better and closer to being eye level.
But I guess it'll have to do.
Attached Thumbnails [Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones-img_7421.jpg   [Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones-img_7423.jpg   [Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones-img_7424.jpg   [Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones-img_7426.jpg   [Non-Nav] CD Mounted Magnet Accessory for Mobile Phones-img_7427.jpg  

Old 04-06-16, 03:09 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Got the InifinitiApps one today. Haven't driven with it, but it seems pretty sturdy and the phone magnet it comes with is noticeably stronger than the one I was using before.

I totally agree the vent is better and closer to being eye level.
But I guess it'll have to do.
I didn't have to put it inverted like you did although the top of the circle is higher than I'd like (almost touching the top console), but I just put the phone magnet off-center to compensate. You might have issues with inverting the mount because that ball/joint attachment might lose its stiffness over time and drop due to the weight of the phone.

Last edited by RonSwanson; 04-06-16 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-06-16, 10:47 PM
twindc23
Rookie

I'll try fliping it over again.