CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT 200t??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-16, 05:51 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Infected
Then the Scion iM would be your best bet.
That just came out. It was not available last year.

It seems like the CT200h and the Scion iM are the exact same car minus the hybrid system.

Well the Scion iM has more horsepower so anyone wanting a little better acceleration would prefer the Scion.
CT200h = 98 hp
Scion iM = 137 hp
Old 01-20-16, 06:04 PM
Infected
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r81984
That just came out. It was not available last year.

It seems like the CT200h and the Scion iM are the exact same car minus the hybrid system.

Well the Scion iM has more horsepower so anyone wanting a little better acceleration would prefer the Scion.
CT200h = 98 hp
Scion iM = 137 hp
You said:
"Toyota does not sell the Corolla hatchback in the US. So the only way to get one is to buy the Lexus CT"
Not "Toyota DIDN'T sell"

No idea where you're getting you power figures for the CT from either.

Either way, the iM isn't much quicker, at 9.3
Old 01-21-16, 05:29 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

You said:
"Toyota does not sell the Corolla hatchback in the US. So the only way to get one is to buy the Lexus CT"
Not "Toyota DIDN'T sell"

No idea where you're getting you power figures for the CT from either.

Either way, the iM isn't much quicker, at 9.3
Yes, Toyota didn't sell. You cant buy it.
The only option was buying the CT and now you can get a Scion.

The iM is a corolla so that is why it is around 9.3. The CT has a less powerful engine and does 10.6.
I dont know why you are confused by the horse power.
The CT gas engine does 98 HP and only the gas engine is used for accelerations.
Technically the electric motor adds another 36 HP, but since the batteries dont last and they dont use the electric for acceleration, you never really get the combined full HP, but they will use the combined 134 HP for marketing.

The lower horsepower on the gas engine is why you can get better mpg with the CT than with the corolla.
Old 01-21-16, 05:32 AM
Infected
Rookie

Yes, Toyota didn't sell. You cant buy it.
The only option was buying the CT and now you can get a Scion.

The iM is a corolla so that is why it is around 9.3. The CT has a less powerful engine and does 10.6.
I dont know why you are confused by the horse power.
The CT gas engine does 98 HP and only the gas engine is used for accelerations.
Technically the electric motor adds another 36 HP, but since the batteries dont last and they dont use the electric for acceleration, you never really get the combined full HP, but they will use the combined 134 HP for marketing.

The lower horsepower on the gas engine is why you can get better mpg with the CT than with the corolla.
LOL

Clearly you don't know anything about the CT.
Old 01-21-16, 05:38 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

LOL

Clearly you don't know anything about the CT.
Um...I would have hoped you researched the specs before you bought it. But it sounds like you were lied to by a salesman.
Sad.

If you need to live in a dream world to feel good about the car then do it. If you get angry at 98 HP then go ahead and pretend it is 134 HP. Do what makes you feel happy.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
"The CT has a version of the Prius powertrain underhood that mates a 1.8-liter four-cylinder Atkinson-cycle gasoline engine that produces 98 hp with an 80-hp electric motor for a combined output of 134. "
Old 01-21-16, 05:48 AM
Infected
Rookie

Um...I would have hoped you researched the specs before you bought it. But it sounds like you were lied to by a salesman.
Sad.

If you need to live in a dream world to feel good about the car then do it. If you get angry at 98 HP then go ahead and pretend it is 134 HP. Do what makes you feel happy.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
"The CT has a version of the Prius powertrain underhood that mates a 1.8-liter four-cylinder Atkinson-cycle gasoline engine that produces 98 hp with an 80-hp electric motor for a combined output of 134. "
I can guarantee I know way more about this car than you do.
This is my second Toyota hybrid vehicle, having a hybrid in my garage for 10 years now.
I'm a car enthusiast, and while this car isn't a performance car, it still had my curiosity at the beginning of ownership, so I have researched exactly how they work.

I don't know why you go around spewing lies about the vehicle.
Even from your other posts you have made clearly shows you don't know how it works.
Saying things like the eCVT is the reason they have to have the electric motors. Or that the car only accelerates with the gas engine proves my point.
Old 01-21-16, 06:09 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

I can guarantee I know way more about this car than you do.
This is my second Toyota hybrid vehicle, having a hybrid in my garage for 10 years now.
I'm a car enthusiast, and while this car isn't a performance car, it still had my curiosity at the beginning of ownership, so I have researched exactly how they work.

I don't know why you go around spewing lies about the vehicle.
Even from your other posts you have made clearly shows you don't know how it works.
Saying things like the eCVT is the reason they have to have the electric motors. Or that the car only accelerates with the gas engine proves my point.
You dont seem to know anything.
I am an engineer and a mechanic. So I would bet I know more than you.

I am surprised as your lack of knowledge in that you dont seem to know how it works from years of driving.

The electrical motor can assist, but it is very limited. Very short burst. Toyota's programming is way too conservative in the electric motor use. Unfortunately they dont give us end users access to modify the ECU settings so we can optimize the car for our driving styles. There is a lot of unused potential for the electric motor.
Literally the electric motor's main purpose is to change the gear ratios of the eCVT and for resistive braking.
Old 01-21-16, 06:10 AM
Infected
Rookie

You dont seem to know anything.
I am an engineer and a mechanic. So I would bet I know more than you.

I am surprised as your lack of knowledge in that you dont seem to know how it works from years of driving.

The electrical motor can assist, but it is very limited. Very short burst. Toyota's programming is way too conservative in the electric motor use.
Literally the electric motor's main purpose is to change the gear ratios of the eCVT and for resistive braking.
Lol
Whatever you say.
Old 01-21-16, 06:21 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

Lol
Whatever you say.
LOL, keep living in la la land if you want to pretend the car is a Tesla.
eCVT ratios are controlled by electric motor. The electric motor is also the starter for the gas engine.
I found a link that may allow you to learn: http://eahart.com/prius/psd/
Old 01-21-16, 08:30 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Lol
Whatever you say.
Seriously dude.....your posts here and in other threads are making me wonder if your posting "troll-like" information on purpose. You also remind me of another member on the LS forums (also from Canada), who posted similar misinformation. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 01-22-16, 10:28 AM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Compromise?

Originally Posted by Stereorob
ive been screaming for YEARS they need to make the CT into a hot hatch!!
I personally think it would be cool to incorporate a T/C engine with the existing hybrid setup yielding still decent MPG around town and steady cruising with the kick in the pants turbo rush when you plant the throttle.
Old 02-02-16, 06:21 PM
cmiser
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TucsonLex
I agree that the turbo engine would be a ton of fun in the CT, but I don't see Lexus doing that. The whole reason for the little turbo engine is to improve the the average corporate fuel economy for Lexus. Placing it in the CT only reduces that.
Exactly! I could see Lexus making the CT hydrogen before adding a turbo into the mix.
Old 02-02-16, 06:38 PM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TucsonLex
I agree that the turbo engine would be a ton of fun in the CT, but I don't see Lexus doing that. The whole reason for the little turbo engine is to improve the the average corporate fuel economy for Lexus. Placing it in the CT only reduces that.
I think that a turbo in the CT would be a great, fun car and I don't see why the CT is the only Lexus with no gas engine variant.