CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

New Lexus 2016 CT200H

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-16, 09:42 PM
BillitZky
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Lexus 2016 CT200H

I purchased a brand new 2016 CT200H Fsport package last dec 28, 2015. I have noticed while driving at night that the dashboard gear indication position does not match with gear **** light indication. The dashboard light indication is "D" (drive) while the light below the gear shift handle indicates "R" (reverse). Is this normal or a screw up?

I have a few other software settings that I need to change from the dealership, like, when you stop to park then press the "P" (park) button it opens all the passengers door. That should not be the case, it seems that is an unsafe feature if you stop and park the car. My logic is passengers should open their own door to go out when you park the car. Does it make sense?

Last edited by BillitZky; 01-05-16 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-06-16, 05:53 AM
Infected
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the display screen with the remote on your model?
If you do, you can change a few of the features, one being how the door locks work.

I leave mine open all the time, they never lock or unlock, but, you can change it so it's only the drivers door that unlocks, all 4 that unlock, or do nothing.
Same goes with the locking. All 4 lock, or none, as well as when they lock and unlock - speed, park, drive etc.

I don't have the car with me now so I can't check, but I can't say I've ever noticed the gear selector change under the shift ****.
Are you sure it's not just the dash light lighting that spot up, and the reverse section is brighter?
Old 01-06-16, 07:46 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

The Carista App will allow you to customize your car's various functions.
Old 01-06-16, 08:13 AM
JayGoldste
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BillitZky
I purchased a brand new 2016 CT200H Fsport package last dec 28, 2015. I have noticed while driving at night that the dashboard gear indication position does not match with gear **** light indication. The dashboard light indication is "D" (drive) while the light below the gear shift handle indicates "R" (reverse). Is this normal or a screw up?
In the 2+ years I've owned my CT I don't recall ever paying attention to the gear **** light. Now that you've mentioned it, I'll have to take a look.
Old 01-06-16, 10:03 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BillitZky
..... I have noticed while driving at night that the dashboard gear indication position does not match with gear **** light indication. The dashboard light indication is "D" (drive) while the light below the gear shift handle indicates "R" (reverse).?
What gear are you actually in when the indicators are the way you describe? What happens when you change gears or go into Park??

Honestly, I never noticed an indicator by the gear ****, either. I'll have to check.
Old 01-06-16, 10:18 AM
Infected
Rookie

I think he's referring to the display under the **** (as you can see in the picture), but as far as I know it's just a pattern display, nothing more.
Perhaps OP is seeing the R being highlighted when his headlights are on, and thinking that that is showing what gear he's in.
Attached Thumbnails New Lexus 2016 CT200H-b1.png  
Old 01-06-16, 11:49 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Infected
I think he's referring to the display under the **** (as you can see in the picture), but as far as I know it's just a pattern display, nothing more.
Perhaps OP is seeing the R being highlighted when his headlights are on, and thinking that that is showing what gear he's in.
Yeah, our 2012 is the same...doesn't light up down by the shifter.
Old 01-06-16, 04:12 PM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Yeah, our 2012 is the same...doesn't light up down by the shifter.
Yeah, I looked at it tonight and it just lights up with the dash when the headlights are on.
It has to be that the R has the white colour around it and it's making the OP think it's showing what gear you're in.

I don't know why they didn't just make these a push button, like the park. Get rid of the bulky shifter.
Old 01-06-16, 06:59 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know why they didn't just make these a push button, like the park. Get rid of the bulky shifter.
IMO, that would be a terrible idea. Having D and R near each other as a button is asking for an accident.
Old 01-06-16, 07:03 PM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by jtnoboru
IMO, that would be a terrible idea. Having D and R near each other as a button is asking for an accident.
Better tell that to Lincoln then.
Attached Thumbnails New Lexus 2016 CT200H-ribovqhcz8zlsyn8vkj7.jpg  
Old 01-06-16, 07:54 PM
bassamp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtnoboru
Having the parking brake near the EV switch is just as dangerous. While shifting into EV mode in a parking lot I pressed the parking brake instead. Wasn't looking at what I was doing but glad I was going slow!
Old 01-06-16, 07:59 PM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by bassamp
Having the parking brake near the EV switch is just as dangerous. While shifting into EV mode in a parking lot I pressed the parking brake instead. Wasn't looking at what I was doing but glad I was going slow!
That's only park, not the parking brake.
Parking brake is on the floor.

Lots probably don't know/realize, but you don't need to press park. Just turn the car off and it goes to park automatically.
Old 01-06-16, 08:46 PM
BillitZky
Rookie

That is basically the issue that I brought up while driving at night, the lights below the shift **** indicates a "R" (reverse) while dashboard shows "D" (drive). If it has no bearing at all, then the Lexus engineer should highlighted all these positions the same.
Old 01-06-16, 08:47 PM
bassamp
Driver School Candidate

Lots probably don't know/realize, but you don't need to press park. Just turn the car off and it goes to park automatically.
Interesting, but why did Lexus revert back to a technology from the 50's for its parking brake.
Old 01-06-16, 08:59 PM
BillitZky
Rookie

There are numerous situation when you need to press the "P" (park) and let the engine running while at stop mode. In this condition, after pressing the "P", the driver door and passenger doors should not open for safety reason, I think.

Quick Reply: New Lexus 2016 CT200H