CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

DRL and Fog Lights wont turn on

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-15, 03:12 PM
jeepguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry DRL and Fog Lights wont turn on

recently i have been tinkering with the OEM LED headlight swap. so i have been trying to make a wiring harness and i think i have it all figured out now (except for the yellow corner light). but in the meantime i am still using my original halogen headlights. today i unplugged them to try my wiring harness and then when i plugged them back in i noticed the DRL and the yellow corner light would not turn on with the headlights (the DRL turn on without the headlights, but shut off when the headlights come on and the yellow light never comes on). i also noticed the fog lights wont come on either. everything is connected correctly with all of the stock harnesses. it looks like the fuses are fine as well. does anyone have any tips?

bonus question..... has anyone here done the swap to oem leds? i am looking for a wiring diagram on the harness to connect the headlights so i can see if mine is correct.
Old 10-29-16, 11:20 PM
ekwlee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepguy
recently i have been tinkering with the OEM LED headlight swap. so i have been trying to make a wiring harness and i think i have it all figured out now (except for the yellow corner light). but in the meantime i am still using my original halogen headlights. today i unplugged them to try my wiring harness and then when i plugged them back in i noticed the DRL and the yellow corner light would not turn on with the headlights (the DRL turn on without the headlights, but shut off when the headlights come on and the yellow light never comes on). i also noticed the fog lights wont come on either. everything is connected correctly with all of the stock harnesses. it looks like the fuses are fine as well. does anyone have any tips?

bonus question..... has anyone here done the swap to oem leds? i am looking for a wiring diagram on the harness to connect the headlights so i can see if mine is correct.

Basically same issue I had...you put the wrong plug into the wrong hole..basically your plug for the drl in the led headlight is being fed by the car's parking lamp..you just have to swap the wiring and feed it to the right one on the car harness...just a matter of testing it..