CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

What do these buttons do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-15, 03:16 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts
Default What do these buttons do?

Does anyone know what these buttons are for? My GS doesn't have them but my CT does.

Old 09-02-15, 08:20 PM
xCaldazar
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't listen to me, I was wrong on both accounts...

Ionizer: "a device that produces ionization, especially one used to improve the quality of the air in a room."

And the second one looks to be a control for the auto windshield wipers. You probably have a small black box attached to the front window near the rear view mirror. I don't have the auto windshield wipers, so I'm not 100% certain.

Last edited by xCaldazar; 09-04-15 at 10:06 AM. Reason: I was wrong
Old 09-03-15, 09:34 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Oh.. Thanks! Well I have the base model CT with only backup cam option.

Do u guys use the ionizer all the time?
Old 09-03-15, 09:39 AM
jgoleno
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first one is actually a dust/pollen filter. It isn't something you can leave on all the time, it only stays on for 3-5min I believe. It's not terribly useful in my opinion, but I know friends that smoke in their CT swear by it.

The second button is actually for your wiper defroster. The very bottom of your windshield where your wipers rest has the conductive metal running through it(like on your rear window), and pressing that button will turn it on to try to keep the wipers from sticking to the glass.
Old 09-03-15, 09:47 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jgoleno
The first one is actually a dust/pollen filter. It isn't something you can leave on all the time, it only stays on for 3-5min I believe. It's not terribly useful in my opinion, but I know friends that smoke in their CT swear by it.

The second button is actually for your wiper defroster. The very bottom of your windshield where your wipers rest has the conductive metal running through it(like on your rear window), and pressing that button will turn it on to try to keep the wipers from sticking to the glass.
Wow.. I didn't know a base CT has a wiper defroster! That's impressive. The more expensive GS doesn't even have that! Thank u!
Old 09-03-15, 10:49 AM
UMassMike
Driver School Candidate

I think the wiper defroster was part of the cold weather package because my '13 and '15 premium with nav didn't have that option.
Old 09-03-15, 11:48 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, I look closely on the windshield under the wipers, there are defroster lines just like the back window. I don't think mine has the cold weather pack cause I'm in Cali and we don't have winter here, plus the only option I got was the backup cam. Maybe they ship the wrong car to Cali.
Old 09-03-15, 12:13 PM
JayGoldste
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The second button is actually for your wiper defroster.
Technically, it's the windshield wiper de-icer. Even though we do get winter here I've never had occasion to use the de-icer. I'm guessing that this feature comes in handy in locales which get freezing drizzle or where it gets warm enough to melt snow on the windshield during the daytime and then for ice to form overnight.
Old 09-03-15, 12:29 PM
jgoleno
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JayGoldste
Technically, it's the windshield wiper de-icer. Even though we do get winter here I've never had occasion to use the de-icer. I'm guessing that this feature comes in handy in locales which get freezing drizzle or where it gets warm enough to melt snow on the windshield during the daytime and then for ice to form overnight.
Yeah yeah yeah, you're right, that's the technical term. I'm the even an LTS at a dealership, I should know these official words, haha

We had a terrible ice storm in Nashville this past winter and I was able to try it out for the first time. I'm Californian born and raised so this was the first time I've seen or heard of that kind of thing! It seemed to help de-ice that area a little easier so I could clear the ice away from the wipers at least. I'm sure it's more useful for when you're actually driving in snow/freezing rain, but I haven't had to deal with that quite yet.
Old 09-03-15, 12:34 PM
jgoleno
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UMassMike
I think the wiper defroster was part of the cold weather package because my '13 and '15 premium with nav didn't have that option.
I'm pretty sure that with nav you didn't get the physical button for the de-icer. It's just buried in the Climate controls on the nav screen. You press the "..." on the screen and it should show up there? That's where mine is on my '15 F-Sport w/nav at least.
Old 09-04-15, 10:05 AM
xCaldazar
Driver School Candidate

Guess I shouldn't have trusted the sales guy. Well that is good to know. As someone with seasonal allergies I should use it more. I double checked here: http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_03-01.pdf
Old 09-04-15, 11:43 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xCaldazar
Guess I shouldn't have trusted the sales guy. Well that is good to know. As someone with seasonal allergies I should use it more. I double checked here: http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_03-01.pdf
Hey thanks for posting the manuals! I found everything I needed there!

I wonder why is my car equipped with windshield wiper de-icer when it is in Cali where there is no winter here, let alone ice. I think this car should be sent to the East Coast. Is it the one-off model that got miss sent?
Old 09-04-15, 12:07 PM
xCaldazar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO

I wonder why is my car equipped with windshield wiper de-icer when it is in Cali where there is no winter here, let alone ice. I think this car should be sent to the East Coast. Is it the one-off model that got miss sent?
Not all of SoCal is sunny desert. I know some of the nearby mountains require some snow equipped vehicles. Like the Big Bear area.
Old 09-04-15, 01:00 PM
lcneed
Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO

All the ones without Nav has that windshield button. I am in So Cal too and so far all of the loaner CTs I got from the dealer has it. And the pollen button does work. Some of the loaners have strange smell and usually pressed it 5 or 6 times will get rid of most of it. It turns off in about 3 minutes or so each time.
Old 09-04-15, 01:19 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a base ct and I also noticed the rear window defroster button also activates the side mirror defrosters.

Quick Reply: What do these buttons do?