CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

EV Mode question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-15, 08:26 AM
CTFsport7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EV Mode question

Hey guys I recently got a Lexus CT200h Fsport special edition and couldn't be happier. A quick question though, I have been driving 25mph and below on EV mode with no problem. Of course when the battery gets low of excessive speed, it turns off. Today I added more air into my tires apx 40psi then dropped it back down to 34psi. Ever since then EV mode only goes until 10mph and the excessive speed light turns on and it shuts off? Is I because I added air? Or maybe something else is wrong? Thank in advance!
Old 08-27-15, 09:51 AM
ultrawtct
Driver School Candidate

I doubt it. The car under the hood is a Prius gen 3 and most Prius drivers added air to gain mpg. I haven't tried ev mode myself but can you put it in Eco mode and drive up to 46mph on battery? I am assuming you have taken is drive to really top up the battery. Also important is the car has to be warm to drop into electric. Throttle position is also key in keeping it in electric mode which the ct200h doesn't have as the Prius does. If you have an obd2 reader there is a display/pid for this for informational purposes.

Eta: does your car have special edition badging? One dealer claimed a car identical to mine was SE but either sticker said SE.
Old 08-27-15, 11:09 AM
CTFsport7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ultrawtct
I doubt it. The car under the hood is a Prius gen 3 and most Prius drivers added air to gain mpg. I haven't tried ev mode myself but can you put it in Eco mode and drive up to 46mph on battery? I am assuming you have taken is drive to really top up the battery. Also important is the car has to be warm to drop into electric. Throttle position is also key in keeping it in electric mode which the ct200h doesn't have as the Prius does. If you have an obd2 reader there is a display/pid for this for informational purposes.

Eta: does your car have special edition badging? One dealer claimed a car identical to mine was SE but either sticker said SE.
Thanks for your response It must have been because the car was cold. They ran the vin at Lexus where my friend works they said its was a special edition and because of the color/suspension/and leather interior. I was lucky the car is a 2012 with 11k miles in perfect condition.
Old 08-28-15, 03:08 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CTFsport7
Ever since then EV mode only goes until 10mph and the excessive speed light turns on and it shuts off? Is I because I added air? Or maybe something else is wrong? Thank in advance!
I use the EV mode almost daily. Excessive speed or acceleration will disable EV. I've found through experience that the speed cap for EV is ~25MPH, so 10MPG seems pretty low. I mostly use EV mode in heavy traffic on the freeway, while looking for parking, and in the drive-thru at Carl's Jr or In & Out or Taco Bell or McDonalds or Jack's or Wendy's or KFC or Del Taco or Chick-fil-a. But not Five Guys because those jerks don't do drive-thru.
Old 08-28-15, 03:16 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh I also forgot that I also use EV mode when I'm in the drive-thru at Alberto's, Alerto's, and Alejandro's (three independent, yet delicious Mexican food restaurants).
Old 10-18-15, 01:33 PM
almario
Driver School Candidate

Default traction

the more traction of the tires, it will affect the speed / mpg for sure.
Old 10-19-15, 08:38 PM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

Originally Posted by CTFsport7
They ran the vin at Lexus where my friend works they said its was a special edition and because of the color/suspension/and leather interior. I was lucky the car is a 2012 with 11k miles in perfect condition.
What color is your car? I just picked up a Nebula gray w/Ocean Blue Nuluxe interior F-sport SE w/26k. From what I've read there were only 900 of our cars made in 2012 that came in Nebula Gray Pearl, Starfire Pearl or Tungsten Pear (so 300 in each color?).
Old 10-19-15, 10:52 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

What is this FSport SE u guys are talking about? I don't think I've seen it yet. Is it different than the regular FSport?
Old 10-20-15, 08:05 AM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
What is this FSport SE u guys are talking about? I don't think I've seen it yet. Is it different than the regular FSport?
Yes, its different than the regular F-Sport:

For 2012, luxury automaker Lexus will turn up the sportiness on its CT 200h hybrid hatch with the launch of the F Sport Special Edition.

This special edition hatchback comes packing all the features included in the optional F Sport package – revised body kit, 17-inch Liquid Silver alloy wheels, metal front scuff plates, perforated leather steering wheel, leather shift ****, aluminum pedals, optional perforated leather seats, metallic dash bits and a re-tuned suspension – but doesn't stop there.

Special Edition adds Ocean Blue NuLuxe trimmed seats, black F Sport floor mats with blue contrast stitching, TUMI tote and backpack with F Sport logos and Ocean Blue zippers. Offered in just three colors – Nebula Gray Pearl, Starfire Pearl and Tungsten Pearl – and you'll pay a lot extra for the Special Edition: the car starts at $37,995, plus $875 in destination fees. The decked out hybrid hatch will hit dealerships in October. In Lexus' words, special means limited, so production will be capped at 900 units. To compare, the base 2012 CT 200h starts at $29,120 (plus $875 in destination charges). Hit the jump for Lexus' Special Edition press blast.
Old 10-20-15, 08:12 AM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

Here's mine:
Attached Thumbnails EV Mode question-lf.png