CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

live in the city, wear and tear protection a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-15, 04:47 PM
tasue
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default live in the city, wear and tear protection a good buy?

Hey I will be leasing a ct200h soon and I am worry about excessive wear and tear when I return the car at lease end. I live in the city and parallel parking is a must all the time. My last couple of cars have a ton of dings and scratches from idiots who do not know how to park. I also just receive a nice inch dent and scratch on my fender when someone hit my car with their cart. I must have at least 10 dings on my car from living in the city. Dint even mention about my bumpers looking like a war zone. So I sent to the dealer ship and they were offering wear and tear protection for $1000. Well in my situation I would think this is a must have protection but from reading on this forum, everyone is against it. With my situation in mind, is the wear and tear protection a good insurance from living in the city?
Old 07-20-15, 04:58 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Honestly, it's up to you. I choose not to get it and park far away from everyone. In your situation, it might be beneficial.
Old 07-20-15, 10:14 PM
kpham
Driver School Candidate

dings and small dents no bigger then a size of a quarter is considered normal wear and tear, from the information i have received from multiple people at dealerships.

the bumper issues you can always have it touched up before you turn in the lease for way less then 1k at those quick bumper repair places if needed.

but in your case it is a coin flip, time is money and from what you posted spend the 1k and not worry about it. maybe you can haggle them a little bit in finance because they are always desperate to make a sale on those extras
Old 07-21-15, 07:27 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Tough choice, but given your description, I'd pay for it. It would REALLY irritate me, though. I might buy a camera that would enable you to identify the people that damage your car, too.

People that do that should lose their car and drivers license, spend jail time for vandalism, AND have a criminal record. Maybe publicly flogged, too.
Old 07-21-15, 07:32 AM
tasue
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Tough choice, but given your description, I'd pay for it. It would REALLY irritate me, though. I might buy a camera that would enable you to identify the people that damage your car, too.

People that do that should lose their car and drivers license, spend jail time for vandalism, AND have a criminal record. Maybe publicly flogged, too. :0

I'm sorry!
Yeah its tough living in the city plus a camera wouldnt do any good since I rarely have parking in front of my house unless you talk about some kind of camera hovering around the inside of the car. I will just spring for the wear and tear protection but will try to talk down the price. I will make sure I know what it actually covers. Also anyone know if I could go to any dealership to get the dents and wheels fix or do I have to go to the same dealership I bought it from?