CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Did some post Christmas wrapping

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-15, 05:15 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Did some post Christmas wrapping

Wrapped the front and rear emblems (metallic gloss black), door pillars (gloss black), and grille surround (anthracite). I originally wrapped the surround in black, but I wanted to try and get as close of color to my car as I could. The pictures and lighting do make the color difference stand out a bit more IMO. Hope y'all like

If you've never vinyl wrapped before, the door pillars are very easy to do and make a huge difference.

Last edited by RonSwanson; 01-14-15 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-15-15, 04:18 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice man. You are becoming a pro!

I am also adding vinyl to my door pillars in gloss black. I don't know why they made it in matte black from the factory. The rear pillar is gloss and it looks allot more classy in my opinion, especially when you have a tint.

Was it hard to vinyl the Lexus symbol?
(you still have to tell me where you got them from and how the install was!)

I think it was a cool idea to match the grill to your paint. I never would have thought of that.
Old 01-16-15, 08:00 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveMason
Very nice man. You are becoming a pro!

I am also adding vinyl to my door pillars in gloss black. I don't know why they made it in matte black from the factory. The rear pillar is gloss and it looks allot more classy in my opinion, especially when you have a tint.

Was it hard to vinyl the Lexus symbol?
(you still have to tell me where you got them from and how the install was!)

I think it was a cool idea to match the grill to your paint. I never would have thought of that.
Hey Steve! Yep, after getting inspired by your post in the other thread I decided to make an attempt to vinyl the grille surround. I went metallic black but decided color matching would be better.

I agree, the hatch pillars should be how the door pillars are...oh well. They sell pre-cut ABS plastic pillars on eBay but they range from $30-40 which is a lot more than a strip of 3M vinyl.

About the emblems, I linked you to my DIY on the other thread hehe. The wrapping wasn't difficult but requires heating and stretching.