Hello from Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-15, 06:47 PM
DrDuct
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello from Maryland

Hey Folks,

I've been lurking around here for a few months. My wife has been looking for a fuel efficient vehicle due to a planned move in a few months that will have her driving 80 miles round trip. I have a Prius for work and she has an IS now. While she was interested in the Prius for the comfort, size and efficiency, I knew my little "princess" would miss having a luxury car. Having driven a long commute in the past I knew how much really enjoying your vehicle made a difference in the drive.

A few months we went and looked at the 14' F Sport and I was disappointed (as was she) at how little room they had (im 6'2, 250lbs). I think we had a greater expectation coming from my Prius and how large inside that was. Now thinking back we should have known better looking at the two cars. Fast forward to yesterday... we were on a car ride from my grandfathers and discussing cars and I kind of told her how the CT really just kind of made sense. She needs fuel economy, ease to put a stroller in and out of the back and that's pretty much it. She's small so the size in her comfort day to day was not an issue. Her wants were keyless entry/start, heated seats and a back up camera. The CT fit the bill and then some.

I got online last night and started to see who locally had good deals on 2014's that were still on the lot when I came across two 2013's F sports that were under 10k miles. Both Nebula car's (which she liked the most) one with 5k miles and one with 10k miles. The 5k mile car had one year more of warranty on it due to when it was registered but was actually a loaner car which I was not overly happy about. The 10k mile car had less warranty but but was $500 cheaper and local (the 5k mile one was 45 minutes away). So I got on here and sought out the differences and most were cosmetic. She really dig's the 2015 bumper but after a quick call to her dad's shop (her dad owns several large body shop's) I found out I can get her with a 2014 front fascia out the door for $400 and a case of beer. Nothing else was significant enough to matter.

Moving on to today. I went by to see the local car and it was CLEAN, It looked brand new. The sales guy and the GM were actually great to deal with and throughout the day we found ourselves straying off a million different directions with all of us being car enthusiast. If it weren't for my wife I would probably still be there. Anyways, I was straight forward with the guys and showed them the other car. I told them if they were motivated I would buy the car today but i intended on making the two dealerships basically bid over my business. I left and went to the other dealership and did the same thing. I actually was going to go for the less miles, higher warranty car as long as it was someone close in price for obvious reasons. Well, we got to the other dealer and I really just didn't like the vibe. They knew i was coming and had over an hr to prep the car. The car was dirty, not prepped and it took them 15 minutes just to find it and get the keys. It was already off to a bad start. I look the car over and saw they had literally just did PDR work on it...it still had the suction marks! lol. Two curbed wheels, a scratch on the driver door, the front bumper had been drop over a curb and the interior looked like hell compared to the near mint car we had just looked at locally. I told the guy I wasn't very happy and wasn't even interested in driving the car unless he was prepared to make me a deal I couldn't refuse. We sat down and did the dance, played the game and I just really didn't like the tone and demeanor of the GM. They were willing to CPO the car and give it to me for $250 more than the other one but the guy's ****ty professionalism really ate away at me so I decided to get up and leave.

I called the other guys back and told them I was coming back to get the car purely because of their professionalism and quality service. I buy and sell A LOT of cars. I have had 5 cars in the last two years alone and these guys REALLY made this a great experience. I told them exactly why I was driving back to see them and when we got there they gave us a free 3 months of XM radio and a life time Lo Jack for free!

So all in all we got 2013 Nebula Grey F Sport, all options except for adaptive cruise, 3 months of XM and Life time Lo Jack for $25,750. Not bad considering what I was about to buy for a 2014.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to wiggling my way in to her space and modding the car. She won't let me do that much but little stuff here and there i'm sure she will.

Her getting her tutorial!

Old 01-13-15, 01:51 PM
nacke
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats, it should serve you well
Old 01-15-15, 08:27 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You got a good price compared to whats out there.
Old 01-17-15, 05:16 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

Thanks for the great story, and hope your wife loves her new CT! I know I love mine!

Considering how great your experience was where you bought the car, you should give them a mention here, so anyone local can check them out should they ever be in the market.
Old 01-17-15, 06:52 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Miss the CT - best city daily driver I ever had.

Congrats to your and your wife!