CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-14, 10:25 AM
SeaaDucer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info on the LED's. Keep us posted on longevity.
Old 09-01-14, 05:18 PM
Carm01
Driver School Candidate

Installed a pair of these on my 2014 F-sport as everyone here inspired me to get them for a much better look and clarity of light. Its shame that Lexus really dropped the ball on the headlamps for this car. I think someone mentioned that the Corolla has LED headlamps lolz

Super easy installation. Ordered them on Thursday Morning and got them Saturday.

Hopefully they will last and not overheat and pop; my only concern over getting the GTRs

Old 09-02-14, 05:13 AM
ricky350is
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Carm01
Installed a pair of these on my 2014 F-sport as everyone here inspired me to get them for a much better look and clarity of light. Its shame that Lexus really dropped the ball on the headlamps for this car. I think someone mentioned that the Corolla has LED headlamps lolz

Super easy installation. Ordered them on Thursday Morning and got them Saturday.

Hopefully they will last and not overheat and pop; my only concern over getting the GTRs

Which ones did you get? I'd like to our a set for my 2014. Did you get size H11?
Old 09-02-14, 09:25 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepguy
i installed these headlights today. here is a photo showing the halogen and the led at the same time

Who is the seller on ebay that you purchase from? I would like to purchase in USA.

Thanks
Old 09-07-14, 03:05 PM
Carm01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ricky350is
Which ones did you get? I'd like to our a set for my 2014. Did you get size H11?
Yes the H11

Sorry for the long delay.

these are the ones I got

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141328681076...S:3160&vxp=mtr

A word of note: The connector will sit at the 12 o clock position when installing these. Be gentle, don't force as the locking pieces are made of not so thick plastic

Last edited by Carm01; 09-07-14 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-07-14, 06:03 PM
Hypebeast
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Everyone that is doing the 6000k, does this make the stock led drl look yellow? Seems like they don't make these bulbs in the matching 4300k or even a 5500k from what i've seen.
Old 09-07-14, 08:23 PM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by Hypebeast
Everyone that is doing the 6000k, does this make the stock led drl look yellow? Seems like they don't make these bulbs in the matching 4300k or even a 5500k from what i've seen.
To add to that problem, the latest LED fog Lamps are pure white, close to 6000k. So by default, the DRL's don't match the fogs if you have an LED option. I am not sure if the factory LED low beams match well with DRL.

I had a 2015 RX for the day a couple days ago, with auto leveling head lamps. The lights of which were all over the place. The DRL's are whiter than ours, perhaps 5000k, but it had factory HID, which was much yellowish compared to the DRL's, perhaps close to 4300k. Now the LED fog lamps, which is the same across many models, including the CT, was the whitest, perhaps 6000k. Whatever harmony I was trying to find there in the RX, I couldn't find any.

What I'd do in my case is, because I have the same latest LED fog lamps as the RX, I have ordered the 6000k LED low beams. And I am hoping that these two colors match. If they do, the combined LED head lamp and the fog lamp will pretty much overpower the DRL's in the evenings.

In a nutshell, if you are worried about color mismatch, I would still go the HID way for both low beam and fogs, and all three will match at 4300k. Unless, HID's color shift later. Or buy yellow halogen for fogs to show contrast. If you have LED fogs, or planning to get one, these LED low beam bulbs at 6000k should match well with the fogs, from what I've heard.

Last edited by LoveCT; 09-08-14 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-08-14, 07:04 AM
Hypebeast
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the insight, that makes sense.

I actually did "hyper yellow" hella h11 bulbs in the fogs this weekend, as I have a 2011 with the non-led fog lights.
Old 09-08-14, 08:14 AM
LoveCT
Driver

I also had the halogen fog lamps with hyper yellows, before i changed it to LED fog this weekend.

I think moving to LED or something that consumes less power is the name of the hybrid game. A regular gasoline car running halogens are okay because the alternator is continuously running, charging the vehicle more than what it is spending on running the halogen lights.

However, our hybrid cars tend to stop the engine whenever not needed. I have a feeling that one of the various factors that determine the "need" to run the engine is the regular lead-acid 12 V battery that performs the starting lighting and ignition (SLI) function, when it is less on juice. Car makers should do everything that sucks less power from these lead-acid batteries to make it more efficient. It's my theory only at this point as I have nothing to prove it.

I have no idea why Toyota Lexus still sell hybrid cars running on regular halogens. I know the LED headlamps is new, but they should have always had LED's inside etc. wherever possible. Even the HID's consume lesser power than halogens. Maybe it's just cost savings, and that Lexus wanted to keep the novelty effect of a higher priced luxury car.
Old 09-14-14, 06:35 PM
xchriz012x
Driver School Candidate

hi guys.
i've purchased these for my 2011 is250 and installed them today. i ran into a few problems already.
first off they did not fit properly. i tried my best to fit them and did not look bright as some of you guys pictures at all. so i took them out.

secondly, after installing the bulbs i got the check engine light along with slipping light on. i did unhook the air filter sensor. but it's hooked back up but the lights are still on.
the box says h11...but did not fit.
did all of yours fit properly?

any help is appreciated
Old 09-14-14, 07:23 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Did you take out the headlights?

Probably not. The IS is tight... hell, the CT gave me some grief and there's a LOT of room when I did mine...

I couldn't imagine doing this with the headlights in. Take you time, twist them the right way, and they'll slide in.

My 'cheapies' fit just fine, look phenomenal, and fit great. Of course I added some better insulation in form of electrical tape, made sure the connectors are tight and hit everything with some dielectric grease too.
Old 09-15-14, 07:05 AM
LoveCT
Driver

A newer 2nd generation of the LED lights are being sold on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390923750239...84.m1423.l2649

Seems good, but there is a "power pack" akin to a Canbus relay, which I'm told does get hot. I am thinking of giving it a try.
Old 09-15-14, 07:16 AM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LoveCT

Seems good, but there is a "power pack" akin to a Canbus relay, which I'm told does get hot. I am thinking of giving it a try.
Someone should order these and review'em. I'd love to one day replace my DRL strips with "cool white" and ditch my cheapie Sylvanias on my SC for these.
Old 09-15-14, 08:16 AM
xchriz012x
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LoveCT

looks way nicer than the first generation ones.
but any idea why my check engine light would be on?
Old 09-15-14, 12:21 PM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by xchriz012x
looks way nicer than the first generation ones.
but any idea why my check engine light would be on?
I have no idea. See, the low beam bulb should have no connection with the actual engine malfunction. Unless of course you inadvertently shorted a sensor connection or something like that.

Well, first disconnect the battery to reset the codes, and see if the CE Light comes back. If it comes back, then try to "reverse" the process and go back to OEM light and see if the CE light is still on? If it is still on after you completely reverted back to OEM, I would pay a visit to the stealership.

Quick Reply: Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough