CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Where to start with audio upgrade? Front 3 ways?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-14, 08:49 AM
Patsum
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start with audio upgrade? Front 3 ways?

I have a 2011 premium ct200h with the 10 speaker system and while I'm not completely disappointed with it I feel like it lacks soundstage and separation. I am actually not too disappointed with the low end though I'll probably replaced the stock 6.5 with a better 6.5 with an amp some day.

My problem is with the front mids and highs. I want to replace those but I am wondering how much of a difference replacing them alone would make. I do not want to replace my head unit. just the *bamboo* crap speakers.

Anyone replaced just the front speakers? How much did it help? Or is the head unit to blame. (usually denso headunits are not awful)

I would also dynamat the front doors to help keep out road noise and enhance what I hear inside the car.
Old 08-24-14, 09:32 AM
yamaturkey
Rookie

Originally Posted by Patsum
I have a 2011 premium ct200h with the 10 speaker system and while I'm not completely disappointed with it I feel like it lacks soundstage and separation. I am actually not too disappointed with the low end though I'll probably replaced the stock 6.5 with a better 6.5 with an amp some day.

My problem is with the front mids and highs. I want to replace those but I am wondering how much of a difference replacing them alone would make. I do not want to replace my head unit. just the *bamboo* crap speakers.

Anyone replaced just the front speakers? How much did it help? Or is the head unit to blame. (usually denso headunits are not awful)

I would also dynamat the front doors to help keep out road noise and enhance what I hear inside the car.

check this out~!

http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...nt-thread.html
Old 08-25-14, 10:14 AM
Patsum
Pole Position

Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately that guy had the base 6 speaker system without A pillar tweeters. I have the A pillar tweeters so I don't think adding a 3-1/2" 2 way driver where my current 3-1/2" mid driver is would help me out much unless I disabled my a pillar tweeters as well. I think the placement of the A pillar tweeters sucks since they don't point toward the driver, the point directly at each other firing across the front dash of the car. Makes no sense why they did that.