CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

LED and F Sport LED headlight options

Old 04-03-14, 01:49 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 121 Posts
Question LED and F Sport LED headlight options

I'm about to order a 2014 CT, and was wondering what the differences are between the standard headlights and the optional LEDs. I already know how they look, and how the LEDs allow for an unbroken DRL line. I also know you get washers and auto-leveling.

Are they brighter? Longer distance illumination? Wider lighting? What makes them worthwhile?

Also, why are there 2 LED options, one for F Sport and one normal? I know that getting an F Sport automatically includes the F Sport fog light, but why are the headlights different for F Sport when going with LED?
Old 04-04-14, 08:26 AM
AspenCdn
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the LEDs for their colour and beam pattern. The illumination is excellent. As for fogs, it is difficult to tell if they are on, but I haven't tried actual fog driving yet. I suspect they are mostly a looks thing.
Double check the washer availability, here in Canada, there are no washers on the F Sport, but they do come with the Tech pkg.
Old 04-04-14, 09:08 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by AspenCdn
I like the LEDs for their colour and beam pattern. The illumination is excellent. As for fogs, it is difficult to tell if they are on, but I haven't tried actual fog driving yet. I suspect they are mostly a looks thing.
Double check the washer availability, here in Canada, there are no washers on the F Sport, but they do come with the Tech pkg.
I'm down in Texas. Here, we don't have a tech package at all. All sites listing options, and the 2014 brochure here at US dealers, all show washers and auto-leveling for the LED lights. Washers are normally only in Europe, but recently, they have started showing up here too.

Thanks for the reply by the way. I wanted to mention that my dealer says they only show one LED option, while a few sites that let you build the car show two. Problem probably moot now.
Old 04-05-14, 08:50 AM
AspenCdn
Driver School Candidate

Don't trust the websites. The Lexus.ca site had a pic of washers with LED for both the F Sport and Tech, but my F sport doesn't have them. They used a euro pic and have a disclaimer that says not to take the pics seriously.
No matter the F sport suspension is a must have IMHO.
Old 04-05-14, 03:30 PM
rasche
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washers

The LED low beams require washer do to the fact they do not get hot . So if you live somewhere you get snow and or ice you can wash or try to wash away the snow or ice.
Old 04-07-14, 10:33 AM
AspenCdn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rasche
The LED low beams require washer do to the fact they do not get hot . So if you live somewhere you get snow and or ice you can wash or try to wash away the snow or ice.
Not quite. As I said they are not offered in Canada, we get snow and ice here.
The washers are required by law in Europe as is auto-leveling with HID and LED lights, they are not required in North America. Lexus Canada decided to drop them on the F Sport to keep the price down I suppose. Washers are a great bonus in winter to blast off the salt spray. It takes a blast to penetrate that stuff, it doesn't matter if the lens is hot or not. It may be better that the lens is cooler as it will allow the spray to run off instead of baking on the lens. I guess I will find out next winter.
I could see where a hot lens could melt ice and snow that has accumulated over night, but you are supposed to clear that off before you drive. Once moving you don't get anymore ice or snow unless it is some sort of weird sleet event.