CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Used CT200h Premium or F-Sport???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-14, 12:20 PM
2eXceL
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used CT200h Premium or F-Sport???

Debating whether it's worth getting a used 2012 CT200h Premium or one with F-Sport, generally the CT's with F-Sport package are selling for $2-3K more. But wondering if its better to save the money and buy my own wheels/suspension upgrades.
What if any other features will a F-Sport package make it worth it, are there other considerations that make an F-Sport worth it?

Last edited by 2eXceL; 02-20-14 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-24-14, 03:49 AM
fyre
Driver School Candidate

we bought ours with the f-sport because we felt it was worth it, so far I have to agree, the suspension is awesome.
I haven't looked up pricing of what the f-sport package costs and install it yourself. If it is cheaper to buy it on your own and you do the work yourself, I don't see why you would need to purchase t already on the vehicle.
Old 02-24-14, 08:51 AM
JayGoldste
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2eXceL
Debating whether it's worth getting a used 2012 CT200h Premium or one with F-Sport, generally the CT's with F-Sport package are selling for $2-3K more. But wondering if its better to save the money and buy my own wheels/suspension upgrades.
What if any other features will a F-Sport package make it worth it, are there other considerations that make an F-Sport worth it?
In addition to the unique wheels and tires, in Canada the F SPORT Package includes:
F SPORT Front Grille
F SPORT Rear Spoiler
3 Spoke F SPORT Steering Wheel
F SPORT Leather Seats
Front and Rear Performance Dampers
Metal Look Interior Trim
Aluminum Sport Pedals with Rubber Inserts
F SPORT Scuff Plates
F SPORT Centre Wheel Ornament

With the exception of the seats and performance dampers, the other features are cosmetic.

I thought the F Sport package was value for the money.
Old 02-24-14, 10:04 PM
edgalang
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JayGoldste
In addition to the unique wheels and tires, in Canada the F SPORT Package includes:
F SPORT Front Grille
F SPORT Rear Spoiler
3 Spoke F SPORT Steering Wheel
F SPORT Leather Seats
Front and Rear Performance Dampers
Metal Look Interior Trim
Aluminum Sport Pedals with Rubber Inserts
F SPORT Scuff Plates
F SPORT Centre Wheel Ornament

With the exception of the seats and performance dampers, the other features are cosmetic.

I thought the F Sport package was value for the money.
F-Sport package also consists of a black headliner.
Old 02-25-14, 02:50 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally think F sport should cost a lot more than what they charge, from everything you get from it, it's a no brainer
Old 02-26-14, 12:58 PM
edgalang
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
I personally think F sport should cost a lot more than what they charge, from everything you get from it, it's a no brainer
I would agree if you were to buy each item individually (which is one of the main arguments I used on the wife)...HOWEVER looking back, because they were all cosmetic, I'm still on the fence regarding "value".

Jay's list did surprise me however. "Front and Rear Performance Dampers" is a surprise to me. Maybe that only applies to the Canadian models. Also...I though the seats were the same regardless if it's F-Sport or not.
Old 02-26-14, 01:23 PM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, the best features of the (Canadian) F Sport for me were the dampers (great handling) and the seats ( the best of any cars we've owned).
Old 02-26-14, 03:13 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by edgalang
I would agree if you were to buy each item individually (which is one of the main arguments I used on the wife)...HOWEVER looking back, because they were all cosmetic, I'm still on the fence regarding "value".

Jay's list did surprise me however. "Front and Rear Performance Dampers" is a surprise to me. Maybe that only applies to the Canadian models. Also...I though the seats were the same regardless if it's F-Sport or not.
to some of us, having the "looks" is more than enough considering I doubt anyone buys these little hybrid for their "performance"

US version comes with F-sport tuned suspension which you can feel is a bit stiffer than non-F if you ever have the chance to drive one back to back.

Here's what the US comes with (at least for mine) :

F Sport with NuLuxe Interior Includes: F Sport 17" Alloy Wheel, Mesh Upper and Lower Grille, Larger Rear Spoiler, Black Headliner, Aluminum Sport Pedals (accelerator, brake, footrest), Perforated Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel, Leather Trimmed Shift ****, F Sport Exterior Fender Badges, Metal Front Door Sills/Scuff Plates, Metal Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Sport Tuned Suspension
Old 02-27-14, 07:59 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The F Sport is lowered with heavier springs and has stiffer dampers. When the conventional model is in Sport mode it is like the F Sport in Normal mode. It can depend on what type of roads you drive on most of the time. The firm F Sport will be a bother on rough city streets especially while in Sport mode. If you have nice smooth roads then you will want to get the F Sport. An alternative would be to get the conventional CT and add the TRD sway bars and reinforcement plate. This would retain the smoother ride and clearance while improving the cornering. Even the stock CT has excellent handling. It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slowly....
Old 02-27-14, 08:29 AM
alpha0M3G4
Rookie

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockville
It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slowly....
Well said. I opted for the F-Sport package mainly due to the suspension. I came from owning strictly European cars (330Ci w/ Bilstein Pss9's was my previous ride), and I must say the F-Sport suspension in sport mode is fantastic.
Old 02-27-14, 01:54 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by alpha0M3G4
Well said. I opted for the F-Sport package mainly due to the suspension. I came from owning strictly European cars (330Ci w/ Bilstein Pss9's was my previous ride), and I must say the F-Sport suspension in sport mode is fantastic.
and I came from a 330ci with KW V2 coils
Old 02-28-14, 07:33 AM
alpha0M3G4
Rookie

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
and I came from a 330ci with KW V2 coils
Nice!! It's great to have a fellow euro-enthusiast on here.

I still miss my E46 as far as performance/style is concerned, but I don't miss the $$$ I was shelling out for fill-ups! The Lexus CT is actually my first Japanese import and I'm pleasantly surprised.

F-Sport is my recommendation without a doubt.
Old 02-28-14, 10:34 AM
lcneed
Driver

I wonder how much does the F-Sport sport suspension help? I used to have a Mini Cooper S with sport suspension before I got the CT. I don't really miss anything about the Mini except the handling. There is a 180 degree on ramp to the freeway at my house that I have to take just about every day. I used to be able to go 65 mph on that turn and the Mini was stick to the pavement. Now I can barely go 35 mph without feeling tip over.
Old 03-02-14, 01:59 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

F-Sport!!! I'm loving mine!
Old 03-05-14, 09:25 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,092 Likes on 932 Posts

The normal and sport mode engine performance selections have no effect on the suspension. They only effect the engine performance making it feel more like a regular car. This will be the same on either an F-Sport or regular model. There are no electronically adjustable suspension components on the CT.

I went from a 2008 MINI Cooper S to the CT F-Sport Special Edition and the handling is almost as good in the CT although it is much much slower, but with much better mileage. I think the ride is better with up to 2 people in the car. Add a third person and it is much worse and bottoms out. I can then hear rubbing on turns.

Quick Reply: Used CT200h Premium or F-Sport???