CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

new owner for a used ct200h here, i have a question about the vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-13, 03:46 PM
s2kay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question new owner for a used ct200h here, i have a question about the vehicle

hey guys, i just got a 2011 ct200h with premium + leather package (i think)

was wondering what this thing behind the rear view mirror is, looks like some sort of transmitter but i don't know for what or if it's factory?

also, what does this button do?

thanks!
Old 11-21-13, 08:15 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome and congrats on your recent purchase on the CT200h. It definitely sounds like you got the leather package because in the first photo, that feature you pointed out is the factory built-in system for the rain-sensing windshield wipers. You can also tell your wipers are rain-sensing when you see the 'AUTO' setting on the wiper stalk directly to the right of the steering wheel.

In the second photo, that feature you pointed out is to activate/deactive the winshield de-icer function. It is typically more useful for CT200h owners living up North or occasionally in the Midwest. When the button is turned on, the heating element in the windshield wipers will activate, causing the ice on the wipers to melt away and making it easier to utilize the wipers in very cold and icy climates.

Hope the answers above help answer your questions. If you have any additional questions about your vehicle, more than likely you can find the answer by doing a search within the CT200h sub-forum. In any case, enjoy your new Lexus hybrid!
Old 11-21-13, 09:10 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus and congratulations on getting a CT200h. Thanks lexusk8 for answering s2kay's questions. Enjoy your CT and happy driving...
Old 11-21-13, 10:48 PM
s2kay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusk8
Welcome and congrats on your recent purchase on the CT200h. It definitely sounds like you got the leather package because in the first photo, that feature you pointed out is the factory built-in system for the rain-sensing windshield wipers. You can also tell your wipers are rain-sensing when you see the 'AUTO' setting on the wiper stalk directly to the right of the steering wheel.

In the second photo, that feature you pointed out is to activate/deactive the winshield de-icer function. It is typically more useful for CT200h owners living up North or occasionally in the Midwest. When the button is turned on, the heating element in the windshield wipers will activate, causing the ice on the wipers to melt away and making it easier to utilize the wipers in very cold and icy climates.

Hope the answers above help answer your questions. If you have any additional questions about your vehicle, more than likely you can find the answer by doing a search within the CT200h sub-forum. In any case, enjoy your new Lexus hybrid!
awesome! thanks!
Old 12-12-13, 12:40 AM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

wow, first time I've heard of the latter feature. nice and congrats!
Old 12-12-13, 06:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Congrats! Miss my CT's compact size and superb fuel economy. I averaged over 50 mpg over the 2.5 years I owned it. Very attainable once you "learn" the pulse and glide technique and optimize the use of battery for propulsion and deceleration/regen braking for recharging . Enjoy your CT!
Old 01-19-14, 07:18 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Pulse and glide details

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats! Miss my CT's compact size and superb fuel economy. I averaged over 50 mpg over the 2.5 years I owned it. Very attainable once you "learn" the pulse and glide technique and optimize the use of battery for propulsion and deceleration/regen braking for recharging . Enjoy your CT!
Great mileage... Could you further explain the pulse and glide? I drive in sport mode mostly and don't really make an effort for getting the best mileage. I am still curious how you did that however...
Thanks.
Old 01-19-14, 09:57 AM
orangedrin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rockville
Great mileage... Could you further explain the pulse and glide? I drive in sport mode mostly and don't really make an effort for getting the best mileage. I am still curious how you did that however...
Thanks.
I think it is the process of getting to speed then stepping off the accelerator and letting it coast and you keep repeating that. As you lay off acceleration, on the eco meter, it will show it regen the battery. so you keep doing that and see the needle go between eco and regen. hope I explaied it.

If you are in sport mode you cant see the eco gauge but i think you can set the eco gauge to "always on" in the setting if you ever want to use it while in sport mode.
Old 01-19-14, 05:03 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Turn Cruise Control On

Originally Posted by orangedrin
If you are in sport mode you cant see the eco gauge but i think you can set the eco gauge to "always on" in the setting if you ever want to use it while in sport mode.
I believe all you have to do to see the ECO gauge while in sport mode is to simply turn on the cruise control. You don't have to actually set the cruise, just push the button on the end of the stalk to simply turn it on and the tachometer goes away and your back to the ECO gauge.

StillLine
Old 02-16-14, 04:07 PM
fyre
Driver School Candidate

Awesome info, I am picking up my new CT tomorrow, I will have to check to see if I have this same feature.