CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Transfer contacts from Galaxy S3

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-13, 05:51 PM
BigNorm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer contacts from Galaxy S3

I am having problems syncing my contacts from my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to my Lexus CT 200h. When I follow the instructions it syncs some of my contacts but not others, randomly. Some contacts sync perfectly and some sync incorrectly, eg. with the right name but only three digits of a phone number. I've tried rebooting my phone, deleting the contacts in the car and re-transferring them, etc.

Anyone have a fix for this?
Old 05-21-13, 11:37 AM
mheredia29
Driver School Candidate

Nice talking with you Norm... I will let you know if I find out anything that might help.. Let me know, either way, what happens when you try what we discussed..
Old 05-22-13, 01:28 PM
BigNorm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mheredia29
Nice talking with you Norm... I will let you know if I find out anything that might help.. Let me know, either way, what happens when you try what we discussed..
Didn't work at all.
Old 06-06-13, 05:36 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've seen this issue pairing them to numerous 2013 models as well, as I do on a daily basis...

as of right now, you need to make sure all the contacts you want to transfer are on the SIM card, with Android's I've noticed them on GOOGLE and OUTLOOK...the car doesn't know how to pull them from their...

Try taking the battery out of the phone and re-boot it...
delete the phone and re-pair
when pairing, make sure to ALLOW contacts to be synced on the drop down menu that will come on when transfering the contacts

also, you may need to hit the IMPORT/EXPORT from the menu and then SEND THEM VIA BLUETOOTH...
Old 06-07-13, 05:30 AM
Billisme
Driver

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
also, you may need to hit the IMPORT/EXPORT from the menu and then SEND THEM VIA BLUETOOTH...
this is only for cars with NAV, correct?
Old 06-07-13, 08:29 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billisme
this is only for cars with NAV, correct?
correct, cannot transfer contacts to a non nav vehicle...only can set up manually 1 by 1 through voice
Old 06-20-13, 12:11 PM
Ogrechan
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNorm
I am having problems syncing my contacts from my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to my Lexus CT 200h. When I follow the instructions it syncs some of my contacts but not others, randomly. Some contacts sync perfectly and some sync incorrectly, eg. with the right name but only three digits of a phone number. I've tried rebooting my phone, deleting the contacts in the car and re-transferring them, etc.

Anyone have a fix for this?
Hi BigNorm,

There are some software issues with the import process. Here is a link to another thread where we discussed the problem. The ES has the same issue.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...s-missing.html

Take a look and see if this helps. Note that anything in the "address" or "notes" area of a contact can cause the import process to choke. Also be sure there are no illegal characters in the contact (the importer also does not like carriage returns). ChipC actually got the address line to work for him, eventually. You should be able to correct the import problem with some data scrubbing.
Old 08-29-13, 12:19 PM
AnnHazard
Driver School Candidate

I JUST FOUND THIS ON AN ANDROID FORUM:

The problem is with Android, you need to download a free program called "Bluetooth File Transfer" from the market and install it. Once the bluetooth in the car is ready to receive the contacts, open the program on the phone, go to menu-->more-->send contacts. It will bring up a list of your contacts, you check which ones you want to transfer. It's easy as pie.