CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Fsport appearance $1000 extra worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-12, 11:16 AM
hihi410
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fsport appearance $1000 extra worth it ?

I want the package but it's hard to find,so I am debating if I should just get one with nav, audio and let go of fsport appearance.

Any opinions welcome.
Old 04-11-12, 11:20 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

What do you like about the F sport package? Maybe you could just buy what you wanted and add them to your car later. I think it is well worth the $1000. Wheels, grill (which looks so much better), pedals, gear ****, black headliner, extended spoiler (not noticeable), f sport badges. Its a lot of visually appealing stuff that i would add anyway. So it depends on what you want
Old 04-11-12, 02:17 PM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lowered stance and suspension upgrades were my favorite part of the SE F Sport package.....yeah and the trident wheels.
Old 04-11-12, 06:46 PM
DigitalEye
Driver School Candidate

Call Lexus of Santa Barbara, they had several F-sports a month or so ago when I ordered my CT. The really obnoxious sales manager kept trying to talk me into taking one of them instead of ordering the one I wanted. I do agree the grille is cooler but these weren't SE models with the trident wheels and I didn't care for the black wheels and the black interior or the metal pedals. I get the appeal of these things but I'm just not in that demographic
Old 04-12-12, 04:10 PM
Doublade
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What ive always thought was building off a base is always better and more prestigous vs buying it already in the same condition, in some cases cheaper as well.
Old 04-14-12, 01:19 PM
zmisst
Rookie

specifically the regular (not SE) F Sport seems to consist of:

* suspension tuning: revised spring rates, stabilizers, and shocks (but not lowered and no sway bar that's the SE)
* dark graphite finish wheels
* mesh grill (supposed to be upper and lower although sometimes they seem to forget the lower part)
* larger rear spoiler
* black leather seats have white trim/stiching
* metal foot pedals
* different dash trim
* different steering wheel
* different shift ****
* availability to get blue exterior color
* f sport badges on the side and on the steering wheel

anything else?

The only thing really of substance on the list is the revised suspension tuning, but it isn't clear how much a difference/improvement it is. Anyone have any opinion?
Old 04-14-12, 05:11 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Thats the only real performance thing but I think all of it is a great addition and makes this car so much more visually appealing
Old 04-15-12, 03:39 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublade
What ive always thought was building off a base is always better and more prestigous vs buying it already in the same condition, in some cases cheaper as well.
Same here! Plus I don't think the F sport suspension is that different in ride height than stock, I am much happier with my aftermarket setup for wheels & drop.
Old 04-24-12, 04:18 PM
pinoyIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the one with a Nav and just wait for aftermarket parts
Old 04-24-12, 08:51 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

^ get the Navigation and audio combo.
the CT200h is a pseudo F, all looks without the good.
it's still the 134hp Toyota Prius Hybrid Synergy engine.
Old 04-28-12, 06:53 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Having my F series now since november of 2011, I LOVE IT.

I rode in a stock CT the other day and for me, it's a big difference. The stock CT felt like a refined
PRIUS and swayed around corners and turns. It was easier to enter/exit the car because it was
higher.

However, the extra looks and handling of my F is just awesome. Worth every penny, along with
the TUMI luggage packs!
Old 04-29-12, 04:09 AM
zmisst
Rookie

Originally Posted by GenozWorld
Having my F series now since november of 2011, I LOVE IT.

I rode in a stock CT the other day and for me, it's a big difference. The stock CT felt like a refined
PRIUS and swayed around corners and turns. It was easier to enter/exit the car because it was
higher.

However, the extra looks and handling of my F is just awesome. Worth every penny, along with
the TUMI luggage packs!
Specifically, you seem to have the F Sport SE (special edition) which has the luggage and lowering springs and sway bar in addition to the other specific F Sport items mentioned above, all of which are cosmetic except for the "revised suspension tuning" which while it is not clear what that is, but it isn't lowering springs and sway bar which is only on the F Sport SE.

The F Sport SE is another ~$1000 in addition to the ~$1000 for the cosmetic F Sport non-SE and as I understand isn't available to order any more (on the other hand, Lexus sales people aren't always the most accurate sources of information about Lexus products or availability so who knows.)
Old 04-29-12, 04:55 PM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zmisst
Specifically, you seem to have the F Sport SE (special edition) which has the luggage and lowering springs and sway bar in addition to the other specific F Sport items mentioned above, all of which are cosmetic except for the "revised suspension tuning" which while it is not clear what that is, but it isn't lowering springs and sway bar which is only on the F Sport SE.

The F Sport SE is another ~$1000 in addition to the ~$1000 for the cosmetic F Sport non-SE and as I understand isn't available to order any more (on the other hand, Lexus sales people aren't always the most accurate sources of information about Lexus products or availability so who knows.)
^ ^ its another $2200 package....F sport 17" trident wheels, F sport suspension enhancements(sway bar and lowering springs), F sport Floor Mats, Ocean Blue NuLuxe Seats, TUMI Luggage Set

I'm reading off my build sheet that the dealership printed for me..$1000 was the Fsport appearance package and the Fsport SE package was another $2200 >.<
Old 04-29-12, 10:23 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^yup so that's actually 3200 extra for the SE with lowered stance.

We opted for the Fsport 1000 package only since we want coil overs and aftermarket rims anyways. I did manage to score the Tumi luggage kit though
Old 04-29-12, 11:02 PM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s4play
^yup so that's actually 3200 extra for the SE with lowered stance.

We opted for the Fsport 1000 package only since we want coil overs and aftermarket rims anyways. I did manage to score the Tumi luggage kit though
nice score!! lol i am going to sell my tumi luggage after i receive it..kinda have no use for it...i got the SE because i figured i was gonna buy the sways and springs anyways..however coil overs now do look appealing oh well can always sell the springs ..i plan on keeping this car for a long time..and doing some major appearance mods also

Quick Reply: Fsport appearance $1000 extra worth it ?