CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Ground Clearance with Lexus Lowering Springs

Old 07-18-18, 07:41 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by shanetoast
Hey guys, I just bought a used Ct200h Fsport and i want to lower the car a little more to where there isn't any wheel gap. If anyone has any springs/coils for sale please let me know.

I've been looking at new rims too. Would 18x8.5/9.5 Enkei Lusso rims fit?

If anyone has any feed back with rubbing please let me know.

thank you!
Depends on the offset of the wheels
Old 09-24-19, 09:54 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,559 Posts

Bumpity bump. I should have my F Sport springs installed by the weekend and I'll post photos. The rears are done already. Anyone interested in a DIY?
The following users liked this post:
LoLexCT200 (11-22-19)
Old 11-18-19, 04:00 PM
Floyd91
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got F-Sport springs on mine and I hate it. The roads, alleys and parking lots around here are just a pain in the *** to navigate with a lowered car. Maybe I'm just getting older though.
Old 11-19-19, 08:34 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

I hear you.. i have F Sport blue springs installed. I don't notice a big difference in terms of driveways. i enter/exit just as stock, but the part you notice is the ride. it's a bit firmer. not horrible but it can be a bit jarring at times.
Old 11-22-19, 11:19 PM
LoLexCT200
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I install aftermarket lowering springs on my 2014 CT200h base model = 1"drop.. it has same stance as F-Sport models, also install a H-brace (1" total thickness) bolted on front lower suspension. I highly recommended the H-brace it improves how it handles and steering, corner and maneuverability rides & drives amazing not jarring at all. both are not Lexus OEM items .. but just depends on roads, size of speed bump, curbs & driveway slope.. . if u know how to approach them no problem. i have scraped a few times, it sounds like it got damage bad but its nothing really, just the plastic covers on the bottom mostly. they haven't broken into pieces or broke off.

Last edited by LoLexCT200; 11-22-19 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-25-19, 04:36 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought ours with the F-sport package and special edition, rarely, if ever bottom out. Getting thicker sways helps with ride quality too. I love the way ours handles. We have one scrape under it where my wife went over a parking lots curb out of sight-minor- out of mind. If it bugs you can run a slightly taller tire. I have a Supra so I know low. It is far lower than the CT. Just have to be slightly more aware.
Old 11-25-19, 12:16 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Thicker sways make the ride firmer. Sways are unfortunate in that they are useless while driving in a straight line and only come into play when you turn. So for 99% of your driving, they make the ride tons firmer for that 1% chance you may need them. they also add a bunch of weight.

This is why BMW invented active swaybars but i'm not sure if they do that anymore as it was really complex and expensive. But allowed for softer spring and damp tuning cause the car could electrically act during turns. a good air suspension can essentially do the same thing anyway (Oem grade--no kiddo stuff)

I'm getting older and my CT w/ F Sport springs is becoming a tad annoying. Kind of longing for an ES300h lol. i want that soft sweet grandpa ride. i'd probably regret it though the moment i have to take a fast turn..
Old 12-02-19, 04:16 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Thicker sways make the ride firmer. Sways are unfortunate in that they are useless while driving in a straight line and only come into play when you turn. So for 99% of your driving, they make the ride tons firmer for that 1% chance you may need them. they also add a bunch of weight.

This is why BMW invented active swaybars but i'm not sure if they do that anymore as it was really complex and expensive. But allowed for softer spring and damp tuning cause the car could electrically act during turns. a good air suspension can essentially do the same thing anyway (Oem grade--no kiddo stuff)

I'm getting older and my CT w/ F Sport springs is becoming a tad annoying. Kind of longing for an ES300h lol. i want that soft sweet grandpa ride. i'd probably regret it though the moment i have to take a fast turn..
The Sways are actually lighter but made of stronger metal and they are hollow. They are not stiff and here 90% of the roads have lots of turns in them. Never heard anyone whine about sway bars hurting the ride.
Old 12-02-19, 12:16 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tom59
The Sways are actually lighter but made of stronger metal and they are hollow. They are not stiff and here 90% of the roads have lots of turns in them. Never heard anyone whine about sway bars hurting the ride.
Sway bars, by definition, make the ride stiffer because wheels have less independence relative to one another on a given axle. Again, the whole point of BMW's active sway technology. (other mfrs too)

I'm a former M3 track car builder. I know a thing or two about suspension technologies and deep 50s/60s/history