CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

FACTS ABOUT the CT200h

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-12, 06:59 PM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FACTS ABOUT the CT200h

Arriving here from priuschat.com, I really appreciated the "secret (or not so secret) know-all's" about the cars. It makes for a good conversation piece, general knowledge and will impress your fellow owners.

I'll start with this tidbit that you all might not know.

In the POWER mode, the tachometer will NOT light up IF you have your cruise control on. Neither
will it switch over from the normal screen. Shutting off the CC swtich will allow the tach to come
back on.

Didn't know this, dealer stated that it was stated in the owners manual but yeah, didn't read it cuz it's thicker than the bible!

Please do tell what you all know!
Old 04-09-12, 03:04 AM
prosperity
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is an adjustment for the tachometer in "Settings - Meter - Tachometer - Off-Auto-On". "Settings" is the little panel under the fuel gauge.You can have the tacho on all the time in all modes, excepting when you have cruise control on, as GenozWorld points out.

You can also brighten the blue and red illumination over the dash panel so that it is much more
visible in day time (go to 'Settings" - Meter - Lamp Brightness - Bright/Standard")

Finally from me, stop the audio screen on the satnav defaulting back to the map if you go to "Main Menu - Set-Up - General - General Settings - Auto Screen Change - Off".

Hope these work for anybody interested. It is easier to do it than tell someone else how to!
The following users liked this post:
RitcheyRch (08-02-19)
Old 04-09-12, 06:44 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by prosperity
There is an adjustment for the tachometer in "Settings - Meter - Tachometer - Off-Auto-On". "Settings" is the little panel under the fuel gauge.You can have the tacho on all the time in all modes, excepting when you have cruise control on, as GenozWorld points out.

You can also brighten the blue and red illumination over the dash panel so that it is much more
visible in day time (go to 'Settings" - Meter - Lamp Brightness - Bright/Standard")

Finally from me, stop the audio screen on the satnav defaulting back to the map if you go to "Main Menu - Set-Up - General - General Settings - Auto Screen Change - Off".

Hope these work for anybody interested. It is easier to do it than tell someone else how to!
Nice. Thanks.

In case anyone is wondering, the stock trident rims weigh about 22 lbs each.
Old 04-09-12, 07:36 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Being here in southern california, i noticed that the best gas (fuel efficiency) for the CT is SHELL 87.

Also, i'm trying to determine that if driving in the power mode can actually net better fuel economy by not moving the gas pedal too much ( as long as you can control yourself! )

The back headrests will pop up and fold down forward, allowing better rear vision and easier back seat fold down.
Old 04-10-12, 06:00 AM
hdave
Driver

Originally Posted by GenozWorld
Nice. Thanks.

In case anyone is wondering, the stock trident rims weigh about 22 lbs each.
Did you use a scale to measure? Or guess?
I have them, and completely forgot to measure the weight before putting them on.
Old 04-12-12, 12:06 PM
gpunkt
Driver School Candidate

Default Mfd

1. My question: Why does the tachometer-screen behave like this when cruise control is on?

2. I found the display of the nav. too dark and finally found out that you can individually change it's brightness/contrast in nearly every single mode: brightness for map-, for audio-, and even for the backup camera-screen. Just press "display" while the app is in use and change the parameters.

Last edited by gpunkt; 06-04-12 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-14-12, 03:33 AM
prosperity
Driver School Candidate

Did you know that you adjust the treble/mid-range/bass on the sat.nav. screen individually for AM/FM/CD/AUX/USB?
Old 04-14-12, 03:56 AM
Irishpilot
Driver School Candidate

What happens if you hit the 'park' button at highway speeds? I am guessing that is locked out unless car stopped and brake applied...but I couldn't find anything that says that. Not that I looked that hard...
Old 04-14-12, 09:28 AM
SC300Star
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Irishpilot
What happens if you hit the 'park' button at highway speeds?...
Just goes into neutral...
Old 04-16-12, 06:41 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hdave
I have them, and completely forgot to measure the weight before putting them on.
dealer quote.
Old 04-16-12, 06:43 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gpunkt
1. My question: Why does the tachometer-screen behaves like this when cruise control is on?

2. I found the display of the nav. too dark and finally found out that you can individually change it's brightness/contrast in nearly every single mode: brightness for map-, for audio-, and even for the backup camera-screen. Just press "display" while the app is in use and change the parameters.
have no idea why the tach disappears when in the CC mode. that's a good one for the Lexus engineers.
Old 04-16-12, 12:27 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

My contribution of "little-known" facts about the CT:
  • There is a way to open the fuel door manually if the fuel door open button doesn't work. If you open the rear hatch and look towards the driver side, there is a small carpeted cover piece which is located pretty much right behind the fuel door. Remove the cover piece and you'll find a little white colored plastic lever. Pull the lever and the fuel door will pop open.
  • This is a universal feature on all Lexus vehicles with a 6-CD changer. To load all CD's in the changer at one time, press and hold the LOAD button until it beeps and wait until the green light shows to insert the CDs. To remove all CDs from the changer, press and hold the eject button until it beeps.
  • To turn off the audio system from the steering wheel controls, press and hold the MODE button until it beeps.
The following users liked this post:
RitcheyRch (08-02-19)
Old 04-16-12, 02:43 PM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusk8
My contribution of "little-known" facts about the CT:
  • There is a way to open the fuel door manually if the fuel door open button doesn't work. If you open the rear hatch and look towards the driver side, there is a small carpeted cover piece which is located pretty much right behind the fuel door. Remove the cover piece and you'll find a little white colored plastic lever. Pull the lever and the fuel door will pop open.
  • This is a universal feature on all Lexus vehicles with a 6-CD changer. To load all CD's in the changer at one time, press and hold the LOAD button until it beeps and wait until the green light shows to insert the CDs. To remove all CDs from the changer, press and hold the eject button until it beeps.
  • To turn off the audio system from the steering wheel controls, press and hold the MODE button until it beeps.
Nice! good tips. especially with the fuel door!
Old 04-23-12, 05:42 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hdave
The wheel weight is listed on the Lexus site ....I posted it already. 22.3 lbs......

http://www.lexus.com/performance/#/f...iew/CT/ct200h/

Go to Five Spoke Trident wheels click on info........offset is there ,weight ,material......
Old 04-23-12, 06:53 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Actually, very nice weight, how i wish these were made in 19's.

Quick Reply: FACTS ABOUT the CT200h