CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT's worst feature

Old 12-14-11, 08:10 AM
Bob259
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT's worst feature

Well it took me since March to finally find something I actually hate on the CT, the visor.

The visor is to short and when the sun is on the side it is useless as it's about, at least, 6 inches to short of blocking the sun on the drivers side, unless your real short and have the seat all the way forward. From the the front there is a wide gap that with no extensions allows the sun in your eyes also. Surprised that Lexus didn't think that out better or it wasn't discovered in their testing.

But I guess that's not that bad if that's all I can complain about.
Old 12-14-11, 09:56 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The visor doesn't bother me, that's why I have a good pair of sunglasses.

The button/options on the sunroof bother me the most, not shutting all the way with a one-touch feature and needing to hit the button twice. I also with memory seats were standard, but considering the base price for the CT, I really can't complain!
Old 12-14-11, 10:23 AM
pomexcan
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I wish there was a way to default to Sport Mode on start up. Not just display the Tach...

The sun visors bug me too. My old Tacoma at least had some slide out extensions...
Old 12-14-11, 10:46 AM
MorphiuGS
Driver School Candidate

The CT's have really grown on me. But I don't know if I could deal with the whole visor issue lol. Thats pretty good that that is the only negetive feedback you have.
Old 12-14-11, 03:35 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wish the passenger side had memory seats. it's weird that the IS and ES have it (i think) but a loaded $38-$40k CT doesn't.

on my wish list is also an electronic trunk opener/closer. i've gotten very spoiled on this one. i don't remember the last time i didn't have it. just a nice feature for moms
Old 12-15-11, 06:15 AM
jngjng
Driver School Candidate

love the car! just miss the little things, like a power passenger seat, glove box light and especially the option of power folding exterior mirrors which is very useful for garage parking.
Old 12-15-11, 08:17 AM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jngjng
love the car! just miss the little things, like a power passenger seat, glove box light and especially the option of power folding exterior mirrors which is very useful for garage parking.
I think mine has a glove box light... I miss that there's no light inside the center console though...
Old 12-15-11, 10:49 AM
Darith
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I had that problem as the sun was always in my eyes, but the solution to this problem is fixed simply by flipping down the sunglasses compartment holder. =)
Old 12-17-11, 11:33 AM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bob259
Well it took me since March to finally find something I actually hate on the CT, the visor.

The visor is to short and when the sun is on the side it is useless as it's about, at least, 6 inches to short of blocking the sun on the drivers side, unless your real short and have the seat all the way forward. From the the front there is a wide gap that with no extensions allows the sun in your eyes also. Surprised that Lexus didn't think that out better or it wasn't discovered in their testing.

But I guess that's not that bad if that's all I can complain about.
I have the exact same complaint for my IS F. I don't have wrap-around sun glasses, so a low sun to the left of the car can be annoying.

On the LS, the visors slide on their mounting bar, so when you have it over in the left-side window, you can pull it back as far a needed. Much better than those extender things. That seems like such a simple, cheap and easy feature that it should be on all the Lexus models.

Terry in Sunnyvale

Old 12-18-11, 06:02 AM
Pamsboy
Driver School Candidate

Seems everybody has some beef about the ct200h faults. My beef is the fact it doesn’t have gas hood-lifts. A Lexus that uses a hood prop on a relatively heavy hood seems cheap on a high-end vehicle. Some might say only mechanics get under the hood but not me. Anyone know of any after-market lifts?
Old 12-18-11, 01:32 PM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JimsGX
I think mine has a glove box light... I miss that there's no light inside the center console though...
Yes, there IS a glove box light, a nice subtle white LED light...love that lighting!
Old 12-19-11, 07:26 AM
Darienlim
Driver

Besides what others suggested (visors and etc), I think the Navigation system are quite lame. I've used Audi, MB, Infiniti (and Nissan)s' Navi before, Lexus's navi tech is far behind and is the least user-friendly amongst. Very depressing indeed. The backup camera equipped with the 'more expensive' Navi package doesn't have guidelines whereas the 'cheaper' visor equipped has. That's just another misstep on Lexus part. Also the bluetooth phone connection, it's a joke using iPhone with it.

Otherwise, this would be a fantastic car!
Old 12-19-11, 10:42 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Darienlim
Besides what others suggested (visors and etc), I think the Navigation system are quite lame. I've used Audi, MB, Infiniti (and Nissan)s' Navi before, Lexus's navi tech is far behind and is the least user-friendly amongst. Very depressing indeed. The backup camera equipped with the 'more expensive' Navi package doesn't have guidelines whereas the 'cheaper' visor equipped has. That's just another misstep on Lexus part. Also the bluetooth phone connection, it's a joke using iPhone with it.

Otherwise, this would be a fantastic car!
I'm not sure if the CT has the same Nav as in my IS and LS, but I have not problem with those nav systems. I like the ability find places on my computer and download them to the car (on my new IS). A friend has a MB from 2 or 3 years ago and disliked the nav system so much he got a portable one and uses that instead.

Also, I've no problem at all with the iPhone / Blue tooth connection or operation in my IS F - works great.

Does Lexus have cheaper versions of these systems on the CT?

Terry in Sunnyvale

Old 12-19-11, 10:52 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TerrySmith
I'm not sure if the CT has the same Nav as in my IS and LS, but I have not problem with those nav systems. I like the ability find places on my computer and download them to the car (on my new IS). A friend has a MB from 2 or 3 years ago and disliked the nav system so much he got a portable one and uses that instead.

Also, I've no problem at all with the iPhone / Blue tooth connection or operation in my IS F - works great.

Does Lexus have cheaper versions of these systems on the CT?
Having said that, I don't think I like the joy-stick, mouse button interface in the CT. It seems that would take your attention away from driving for more time. I like the touch-screen and physical buttons on the LS and IS nav systems better. But I would be curious to know what CT (or HS) owners think of the joy stick approach.

Also, when the rear seats are folded down flat, can the driver's seat be set all the way back or will the top of the folded-down rear seat get in the way (like on Volvos)?

Terry in Sunnyvale

Old 12-20-11, 06:06 AM
ezlivin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TerrySmith
Having said that, I don't think I like the joy-stick, mouse button interface in the CT. It seems that would take your attention away from driving for more time. I like the touch-screen and physical buttons on the LS and IS nav systems better. But I would be curious to know what CT (or HS) owners think of the joy stick approach.

Also, when the rear seats are folded down flat, can the driver's seat be set all the way back or will the top of the folded-down rear seat get in the way (like on Volvos)?

Terry in Sunnyvale

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CT's worst feature