CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Darienlim's CT-F Sport SE is here

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-11, 06:38 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Darienlim
That's what I thought too. Btw, the driver side got misfire few times, I can live with it for a while and until it never lights up again, I will call that installer and ask him to fix the issue. Any of the HID users have had this issue before and what's the remedy for it? I would like to hear from you.
Yup, that's very common unfortunately. It happened all the time in my DDM Tuning Slim Kit I put in myself (drivers side). I was about to return the ballast, but they told me to first trouble shoot to confirm it's not a bulb. So I kept the bulbs in, but swapped the 2 ballasts. Ever since I did that, the problem went away...I think I just got lucky somehow.
Old 10-23-11, 09:54 AM
dirvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

It's not a mistake at all. If you wanna get the affirmation, we can meet up somewhere and u can check out my car! Live close to memorial city mall here.
Thanks, I'm tempted. But I'm enjoying the suspense in some strange way. I check out every gray car and wonder if that's what mine will look like. Mistake or not, I'm committed. Changing again would be too fickle.
Old 10-23-11, 12:09 PM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by dirvin
Thanks, I'm tempted. But I'm enjoying the suspense in some strange way. I check out every gray car and wonder if that's what mine will look like. Mistake or not, I'm committed. Changing again would be too fickle.
Cool beans. I know exactly what you mean. In fact, I was in the same shoe like you couple weeks ago.

Once you get your car, we can have a get together if you want to.

D
Old 10-24-11, 10:50 PM
dirvin
Driver School Candidate

Does the nebula gray pearl have a lot of metallic in it? That was what sold me on the color card. Does it come through on the car?
Old 10-25-11, 02:22 AM
midcow3
Instructor

Received 463 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Yup, that's very common unfortunately. It happened all the time in my DDM Tuning Slim Kit I put in myself (drivers side). I was about to return the ballast, but they told me to first trouble shoot to confirm it's not a bulb. So I kept the bulbs in, but swapped the 2 ballasts. Ever since I did that, the problem went away...I think I just got lucky somehow.
DarienlIm - bummer you are getting occasioanl misfires. Jimmyc13- it is great your misfire problem went away with DDM: I never could get mine to go away with my DDM HIDs.. Replaced DDM with Kensun HIDs and the misfire problem is history.

Darienlim - $125 install; nice price. Since you have a 3 year warranty I would take it back to your installer. I would ask him the brand; it could easliy be DDM which costs about half the $125 to purchase. if so maybe he needs to try another brand.... IMHO even an occasional misfire is UNACCEPTABLE!

By the way your car looks awesome!
Old 10-25-11, 05:12 AM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by dirvin
Does the nebula gray pearl have a lot of metallic in it? That was what sold me on the color card. Does it come through on the car?
Yes, it has metallic in it.
Old 10-26-11, 11:52 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine arrived today, finally......should be able to pick it up maybe tomorrow or Friday....
Old 10-26-11, 12:42 PM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by Tom59
Mine arrived today, finally......should be able to pick it up maybe tomorrow or Friday....
u better take pics and post them ok? Congrats!
Old 10-26-11, 01:59 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

u better take pics and post them ok? Congrats!
OF course.......

Lets see how fast they get it ready. Rain heavy tomorrow...so maybe Friday. I need to clay bar it and Zaino it.....
Old 10-27-11, 12:26 AM
LexTriton
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The few things I really missed from my previous vehicles are the tilt down side mirror when reverse, the HID Xenon/ LED headlights and the parking guidelines/sensors on the backup camera screen. But I am trying to live without them.
In every recent Lexus vehicle I've driven, if you leave the mirror adjustment to either the left or the right side, it should lower the mirrors when you shift into reverse. I suppose it is possible they left this feature out on the CTh. Hopefully they didn't though! Gorgeous car, btw
Old 10-27-11, 04:44 AM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by LexTriton
In every recent Lexus vehicle I've driven, if you leave the mirror adjustment to either the left or the right side, it should lower the mirrors when you shift into reverse. I suppose it is possible they left this feature out on the CTh. Hopefully they didn't though! Gorgeous car, btw
Unfortunately this CT doesn't equipped with that wonderful feature. I think only the ones that are equipped with memory seats/ leather package might have this feature.
Old 10-27-11, 09:09 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LexTriton
That feature is on the premium package with the navigation, leather, pre-collision system.

Btw, congratulations Darienlim on your CTh F-Sport SE!
Old 10-27-11, 11:26 AM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by Trexus
That feature is on the premium package with the navigation, leather, pre-collision system.

Btw, congratulations Darienlim on your CTh F-Sport SE!
Thanks man. I am loving it.
Old 10-28-11, 11:39 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Mine ........ I love this one too......way nicer than I remember from my test drive. The SE road manners are excellent you can push it in turns very nice balance. Excellent brakes too. I will post more pics in the roll call section in the next days.

Old 10-28-11, 03:36 PM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by Tom59
Mine ........ I love this one too......way nicer than I remember from my test drive. The SE road manners are excellent you can push it in turns very nice balance. Excellent brakes too. I will post more pics in the roll call section in the next days.
Hey nice car man! Congrats! Now we are twins! LOL.

Quick Reply: Darienlim's CT-F Sport SE is here