CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

DRIVE: 2012 CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11, 05:00 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Darienlim
Tom, you do know that CT uses gas too. So I would think when u remote started your car, the gas will kick in if it needed to get the engine warming up. When the battery is at low level, you can't use it until it's recharged. In order to recharge it, you would have to drive it using gas or during braking. That's why it's a hybrid. Not 100% electric. Others chime in if I missed something or correct me if I'm not 100% correct.

About the LED, I know it's special order. But I thought all SE is listed as $38870 according to the website. And only 900 of these will be made and sold, that's why it's called SE! What bothers me the most is if the Western region will be get the LED light package included and with the same MSRP price like me (other region), then I would have an issue with it!

Having said that, I'm still VERY happy with my purchase and I love this car!
My car has remote start.....therefore a factory option, but I'm paying more for it. I'm wondering if the NE got this option. So they don't all come the same. My invoice is 429.00 more.

That option should be an option.....a 1215.00 option (led's) Nobody should get them if everyone doesn't if the price is the same. I agree.....

I understand the electric power, but to create heat you need friction so I guess the gas engine must start to warm up the interior. Makes sense.....I also understand the charging system. Was just wondering how they integrated the gas engine and remote start.
thanks.......
Old 10-19-11, 05:04 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
What region is the NE.... my car doesn't have LEDS listed either. Seems it would be on invoices. All other options are listed. I find that hard to understand why an expensive option goes to certain area's. The cars price must change......

My car has remote start hence me asking. I cannot understand how the electric motors warm up the car? It gets COLD here in the winter months. I understand gas powered engines perfectly well, they start , car warms up, but electric?........

I'm just curious as to how it works. Anyone?
NE is Eastern Region. Every region orders cars to the demand in the area. Luckily here in CA which falls under the Western Region, a larger percentage of cars are ordered with LED headlamps whereas others may do better with the halogens only. They all figure it out with excel spreadsheets and dealership orders. MSRP for each region is different for CT F-Sport, hence the reason why you have to enter your zip code when building a CT on the Lexus.com site.

As for the remote start, it really is a useful option. The gas motor will power up first depending on the battery level of the car. The vehicle's electric motors/battery power will operate the HVAC functions as if the gas engine is running. The remote start is really a convenience feature to warm or cool a cabin of a car granted you remember to set the hvac settings before you leave the car the night before.
Old 10-19-11, 05:33 PM
Darienlim
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
The MSRP of the SE w/LED Car was $40+k I have a picture of the window sticker I will post up later this week. (still working on my computer issues).

All you need are a set of aftermarket HID's and you're set. Nebula gray looks awesome on the CT F-Sport.
Yes, I already got that done and I am VERY satisfied with it so far! Thanks again for the clarification! I really appreciate it. I am VERY happy with my new car and I love to drive it EVERY time I see it!
Old 10-20-11, 01:00 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

For you lucky guys that order a CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition, the special Tumi Luggage set that comes with it is valued at over $700.00!

The luggage set falls under the Alpha Bravo line. The backpack is called the "Lejeune Backpack Tote" & the duffel is called the "Kessler Large Duffel". There are only 900 sets of this limited edition Tumi/F-Sport Luggage. It comes with exclusive Ocean Blue zippers, inner liner and special F-Sport bagding. This Tumi luggage set is not available for sale anywhere!

Old 10-20-11, 04:00 AM
Darienlim
Driver

For you lucky guys that order a CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition, the special Tumi Luggage set that comes with it is valued at over $700.00!

The luggage set falls under the Alpha Bravo line. The backpack is called the "Lejeune Backpack Tote" & the duffel is called the "Kessler Large Duffel". There are only 900 sets of this limited edition Tumi/F-Sport Luggage. It comes with exclusive Ocean Blue zippers, inner liner and special F-Sport bagding. This Tumi luggage set is not available for sale anywhere!
Speaking of that, I'm still waiting for my sales guy to call me to pick up those luggage. They don't delivered them with the vehicle.
Old 10-20-11, 05:38 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

NE is Eastern Region. Every region orders cars to the demand in the area. Luckily here in CA which falls under the Western Region, a larger percentage of cars are ordered with LED headlamps whereas others may do better with the halogens only. They all figure it out with excel spreadsheets and dealership orders. MSRP for each region is different for CT F-Sport, hence the reason why you have to enter your zip code when building a CT on the Lexus.com site.

As for the remote start, it really is a useful option. The gas motor will power up first depending on the battery level of the car. The vehicle's electric motors/battery power will operate the HVAC functions as if the gas engine is running. The remote start is really a convenience feature to warm or cool a cabin of a car granted you remember to set the hvac settings before you leave the car the night before.
Gotcha , thanks.....I know its uselful....

I hadn't seen your post above when I posted on the headlamps. Glad to see people have to pay extra for LED's. That would be a crime almost.
I have the LFA's father.....but more HP its older less refined wild radical father.
Old 10-20-11, 09:07 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Speaking of that, I'm still waiting for my sales guy to call me to pick up those luggage. They don't delivered them with the vehicle.
Yeah, the luggage is delivered from Tumi to your dealer after purchase.
Old 10-21-11, 03:43 PM
Darienlim
Driver

Got my luggage today! Yay! VERY nice! Shipped from Tumi. Was in a huge Tumi box too! Nicely wrapped.

Old 10-21-11, 06:55 PM
JForce
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus should have made all special editions the exact same. How can you have one special edition different from another??? That is just mind boggling. I would be pissed if I bought an SE and later found out someone else bought an SE with different specs. I would expect all SE to have the same specs and all at the same price.

P.S. Nice luggage man!
Old 10-21-11, 08:42 PM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by JForce
Lexus should have made all special editions the exact same. How can you have one special edition different from another??? That is just mind boggling. I would be pissed if I bought an SE and later found out someone else bought an SE with different specs. I would expect all SE to have the same specs and all at the same price.

P.S. Nice luggage man!
Thanks. Exactly what I'm thinking. At least for me, I don't feel like mine is that 'special' anymore since I know someone else will have to LED headlights and other specs included to their special edition CT. Oh well, such is life.. it ain't fair. Like I said before, thank God I'm just leasing this vehicle. So 3 years from me, we'll see if I get another CT or something else.

But so far, I really enjoy driving this car. It's VERY nice! If you guys still pondering about this vehicle, do yourself a favor, go test drive a Prius and then this CT, you will know which one you will rather be driving daily!
Old 10-22-11, 03:37 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you guys still pondering about this vehicle, do yourself a favor, go test drive a Prius and then this CT, you will know which one you will rather be driving daily!
Then there is the aesthetics factor! It's a no-brainer.
Old 10-22-11, 05:38 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Prius as your comparison , geez.......I would hope so.......I'd rather be driving a LFA daily. This was my second choice.
Old 10-22-11, 08:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by JForce
Yeah it would have been nice to just have once special edition color & a special edition badging of some sort on the dash or center console area like previous Lexus special builds.
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-22-11, 08:15 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

So here are a few more pics I was able to upload. Finally got a new laptop, now just getting new software installed so I can batch resize/watermark and i'm all set.

Ocean Blue NuLuxe:

The Tumi Luggage:

CT F Sport SE floormats:

CT F Sport SE w/a Tungsten Pearl version:

CT with its more powerful exclusive brother:

Parked at the F Sport booth during The Purusit 3:

Old 10-22-11, 01:57 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Yeah it would have been nice to just have once special edition color & a special edition badging of some sort on the dash or center console area like previous Lexus special builds.
I don't think one color would suffice. But , same car as far as options , yes. Wheels are the badge , no?

Badging in the car would be blue nuluxe seats. I agree it would be cool to have a badge ~Special Edition~ then the build number like a watch say 001 or even better 006........mine would be 899.

Quick Reply: DRIVE: 2012 CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition