CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Possible new CT200 owner here

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-11, 08:38 AM
donmeca719
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible new CT200 owner here

How's everyone doing ? well i been scoping out clublexus for a few days now, i been continplating on purchasing a 2012 CT200. i love the styling and now that the car is available in the IS-F blue that really caught my eye. i also know that this car is a hybrid, my question to all of you is have any of you came from a High performance car ? and how are you liking it so far ? im currently a 2005 Evolution 8 owner and im half and half on the idea of selling my monster to get the CT like i said i like the styling and the thought of a luxury car but im curious will the lack of power turn me away any info would be great thanks !!!!

This is one of my current beast !!

this guy right here is my play car for nice days out

Last edited by donmeca719; 10-04-11 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-04-11, 11:09 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, the CT may look sporty, but it's definitely tuned for economy vs. performance. 0-60 in 10 seconds...

Going on onramps and accelerating from a standstill onto the freeway sucks.

Also, if you get stuck in a left turn lane and want to pull out into moving traffic going 35-45 MPH, you really don't have that much power going from a standstill and still end up getting honked at when you pull out of said left turn lane. Other than that, it's a great car for commuting in the city or in stop and go traffic!
Old 10-04-11, 11:39 AM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

You will appreciate the interior and the handling, but the power might be a major turn off for you.

Remember, its just a prius drivetrain... Don't expect anything more and you won't be disappointed.
Old 10-04-11, 12:19 PM
donmeca719
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the info guys ! so far i love the look of the CT, i guess the best thing to do is to go out and test drive one and see what i think.
Old 10-04-11, 10:30 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

The CTh is a good car and I agree with Matt_RN. The CTh is tuned for fuel economy and I'm getting great mpg's and it's getting better. It is a small car and is easy maneuverable. I do want a Lexus that is fast and I'd get an IS F and keep the CTh...
Old 10-04-11, 11:10 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it really depends on how you drive on a daily basis. i ended a lease on a cayenne GTS w/ 400+ hp and went to the CT because frankly i was tired of filling up the car for $100 every time. on occasion we'd drive the cayenne the way it wanted to be driven , but the other 90% of the time i was commuting for work, running errands and/or toting two little ones around.

i admit that when i went to test drive the CT, i was underwhelmed by its (lack of) power. as Matt noted above, it strains on uphill ramps to get on freeways and gunning from a stop. it is something i just wasn't used to, so i left the dealership with pretty mixed feelings. the CT build quality is impressive given its price, and i somewhat expected it to be "cheesy" compared to the previous models i have had, but i was pleasantly surprised in this department.

at the end of the day, i am sooo glad to have gotten the CT. pumping gas takes 1/3 as long and costs 1/3 as much. i'd be lying if i said i didn't wish it had more power every now and then, but most of time i'm fiddling with how much MPG per tank i can achieve. it's pretty addicting and something i thought i'd never do. fuel economy takes over your need for speed
Old 10-04-11, 11:13 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by donmeca719
thanks for the info guys ! so far i love the look of the CT, i guess the best thing to do is to go out and test drive one and see what i think.
I come from a long line of sports cars...

'93 RX-7 Twin Turbo (tweaked to 400+hp)
'02 Corvette Z06 (supercharged/intercooled to over 700hp http://www.dozer.com/z06).
'89 Mustang GT 5.0 (only 300hp or so, but about $6k in handling mods)
'02 Yamaha R1
'09 CLK550 (382hp)
'87 RX-7 Turbo II
'97 Z3 (M edition w/Dinan mods)
'05 Z4

And quite a few others.

So yeah, I've done the 700hp 200mph+ Corvette, and now I have a CT200h.

The CT200h isn't powerful by any stretch, but the power is quite adequate for daily driving.

Handling is VERY VERY good for a car running on low rolling resistance tires!!! Especially when lowered with Road Magnet springs and some lightweight wheels thrown on there.

So yeah, you won't have epic power, but to be honest 700hp is useless on the street. If you keep your foot on the throttle for 3 seconds, you're above the legal speed limit. Keep in it for 10 seconds and you're past 130mph. Keep in it for a minute plus (given enough road) and you're doing 200mph. So really the car is fun for a couple seconds and then it's over.

The CT200h in sport mode on the other hand you can flog like a banshee, stay flat as can be through the corners, and STILL get 40+mpg. =]

Old 10-04-11, 11:14 PM
evicfinite
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just toss the car into sports mode, should make it feel torquey.
Old 10-05-11, 06:20 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am keeping our G35C so my wife can fly around when she desires. I'm scared I buy the car for her she'll hate the powerband. I rented a prius in Florida a few years back and thought this ain't bad for commuting around. Sucked on the highway w/wind but the power was acceptable.

Plus gas will just always rise and this car handled really well from the thrashing I gave in my test drive. It was fine , if you have some patience, some people don't. As long as the car handles well - it does- isn't stone cold ugly- it isn't , then I can live with the power and the 43mpg.......nevermind the lexus quality and its quiet inside. (resale)

Go test drive one......take it on the HW and some back roads. Get a feel for it.
Old 10-05-11, 12:22 PM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tom59
Sucked on the highway w/wind but the power was acceptable.
Unless you have a really strong headwind, you don't notice wind much at all with this car.
Old 10-05-11, 02:04 PM
donmeca719
Driver School Candidate

yea im probably gonna go test drive one this weekend....... that'll help me make my decision
as for speed, im not looking for a monster, my evolution can easily out do an IS-F with the quickness.
the reason i've been interested in the CT is its just a nice looking car overall. but i definetly dont want a car that will feel underpowered and feel like im driving a more refined toyota tercel

Last edited by donmeca719; 10-05-11 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-06-11, 06:59 AM
midcow3
Instructor

Received 462 Likes on 290 Posts

:Keep you S2000 , sell you Evo and get the CT200h. You can always kick back in the convertible and go through the gears when you feel the need for more sportiness.

I kept my S2000 also If you haven't already put an Invidia exhaust, rick's voodo shifter and K & N filter on it!

====

However, if the power of the CT just doesn't trip your trigger look at the Volvo C30, BMW Series 1, or for a little less perfromance and more mpgs Audi A3 TDI 6-speed

Last edited by midcow3; 10-06-11 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-06-11, 07:38 AM
donmeca719
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by midcow3
:Keep you S2000 , sell you Evo and get the CT200h. You can always kick back in the convertible and go through the gears when you feel the need for more sportiness.

I kept my S2000 also If you haven't already put an Invidia exhaust, rick's voodo shifter and K & N filter on it!

====

However, if the power of the CT just doesn't trip your trigger look at the Volvo C30, BMW Series 1, or for a little less perfromance and more mpgs Audi A3 TDI 6-speed
good idea but thats not a s2000 lol thats a Del Sol .
Old 10-06-11, 09:32 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by donmeca719
good idea but thats not a s2000 lol thats a Del Sol .
Ha ha. Yeah, S2000 didn't even cross my mind when I saw your 2nd car.

Try "SPORT" mode a bunch when you test drive it, as I think that's the only way you might like the CT.
Old 10-06-11, 12:09 PM
donmeca719
Driver School Candidate

im looking forward to saturday, i'll be going to go check out the CT possibly even test drive one. that will help me decide what i'll end up doing

Quick Reply: Possible new CT200 owner here