CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Option Package D without leather?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-11, 09:33 AM
Jamooche
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Option Package D without leather?

I am placing my order for the CT 200h this week and plan to get the fully loaded model. When pricing it online, option package D includes leather seats, but I would like the caramel nuluxe (orange) interior. The ending summary shows the caramel nuluxe color choice, but also says leather interior on the bullet point list.

Can you order the full options and still get the nuluxe seats?

Thanks!

And, I'm upgrading from a Ford Fusion Hybrid that I've had for 2 years. It's a great car, but lacks the extra options and features that Lexus offers. The main drawback was that the seats do not fold down thus severely limiting it's utility.
Old 05-19-11, 09:06 PM
LexFather

If you get full options you have to get the leather.

Welcome to CL. The Fusion hybrid is a fantastic car, many of us in Car Chat are huge fans of it.
Old 05-19-11, 09:14 PM
Jamooche
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info. I talked with my salesman today and he says that the Lexus website package options are misleading about how the cars are really configured. I told him I wanted all options in package D but with the caramel nuluxe and he didn't say that wasn't possible. Basically I really just want package C with the LED headlamps, PCS, and remote start added.

I'm meeting with him on Sunday to finalize and I'll be sure to ask this question.
Old 05-19-11, 09:22 PM
LexFather

What I show in the Atlanta area, Package D does have to have leather and if I do recall the microsite you have to get leather with a couple other options (I need to look at brochure as well, I can tomorrow).

Seems package A-C according to the site in my area does not require leather. Are you also getting Pre-Collision/Radar Cruise? I love radar cruise.
Old 05-19-11, 09:32 PM
Jamooche
Driver School Candidate

The book the dealer gave me lists the options completely different than the website.

There's 3 packages: Premium Audio, Navigation, and Leather.

Then, there's three individual options: PCS with radar cruise control, auto dimming inside mirror, and LED low-beam headlamps.

The remote start is under the "accessories" section.

All the Leather package gives is: Leather seats, memory seats, auto dimming outside mirrors, and rain sensing wipers (which I do not like).

The website makes it seem that in order to have LED headlamps, you need leather interior. However a disclaimer at the end of the book states that other configurations are possible.
Old 05-19-11, 10:01 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamooche

The website makes it seem that in order to have LED headlamps, you need leather interior. However a disclaimer at the end of the book states that other configurations are possible.
You can special order a car to your specifics granted they are not forced packages from the factory. Special order in a normal world takes about 90 days to order, but with the backlog that CT is experiencing, you would need to check with your local dealer to see how long it will approximately take. With special orders, its usually MSRP only and you must put a deposit down if the dealer is willing to order the car for you.
Old 05-19-11, 10:13 PM
LexFather

The book the dealer gave me lists the options completely different than the website.

There's 3 packages: Premium Audio, Navigation, and Leather.

Then, there's three individual options: PCS with radar cruise control, auto dimming inside mirror, and LED low-beam headlamps.

The remote start is under the "accessories" section.

All the Leather package gives is: Leather seats, memory seats, auto dimming outside mirrors, and rain sensing wipers (which I do not like).

Thats what it was, LEDs need the leather package.

Originally Posted by flipside909
You can special order a car to your specifics granted they are not forced packages from the factory. Special order in a normal world takes about 90 days to order, but with the backlog that CT is experiencing, you would need to check with your local dealer to see how long it will approximately take. With special orders, its usually MSRP only and you must put a deposit down if the dealer is willing to order the car for you.
Technically but most dealers won't want to do it and Lexus won't want to do it. Not to discourage the guy but a loaded CT with a list around 40k with the NuLuxe? I doubt they would build that especially if its loaded with LEDs and everything. Lexus just isn't great at special orders compared to the Germans

If it was possible I would think he's waiting 6 months or more (IMO), demand is off the charts for the CT as we know.
Old 05-20-11, 06:29 AM
Jamooche
Driver School Candidate

Thanks again for the info guys.

I reviewed the options again online and with package D the only feature I want is the LED lights, making this a $2500 option. Not really worth it, so I'm going to go with package C.

My dealer says the wait time is around 2 months, but it depends on how many people are on the waiting list at that dealer. I'm 3rd on our list, but another local dealer has 22 on the list. He says factory production is at about 50% capacity.
Old 05-23-11, 04:53 PM
Jamooche
Driver School Candidate

I placed my order for the CT yesterday. Red with Caramel interior, option package C, and remote start.

My dealer says that they are currently offering the car in only 3 configurations. If you price it at lexus.com they are offering packages A, C, and D only. If you chose package C, you can't add on the PCS like the website shows.

They ask for your top three color choices to help speed delivery. Mine were Red, white, and black.

Delivery estimate was 2 months. This time depends on how many that particular dealer has ordered. I'm third on my dealer's list, but another local dealer has 28 on the list.
Old 05-23-11, 05:53 PM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I placed my order for the CT yesterday. Red with Caramel interior, option package C, and remote start.

My dealer says that they are currently offering the car in only 3 configurations. If you price it at lexus.com they are offering packages A, C, and D only. If you chose package C, you can't add on the PCS like the website shows.

They ask for your top three color choices to help speed delivery. Mine were Red, white, and black.

Delivery estimate was 2 months. This time depends on how many that particular dealer has ordered. I'm third on my dealer's list, but another local dealer has 28 on the list.
Hey Jamooche, I'm from MA too. I saw you ordered red, but just saw a thread yesterday or the day before from someone on this forum or on ct200hforum.com who indicated there were 2 red ones available in Boston or Watertown that were unspoken for (which is hard to believe). Does package C include leather & Nav? I think the ones posted were leather & nav. Good luck!

By the way, the LED lights alone are not $2,500, it's like $1,250 or $1,300 but adding that will add a minimum of 8 months to the wait time!
Old 05-23-11, 06:05 PM
Jamooche
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Hey Jamooche, I'm from MA too. I saw you ordered red, but just saw a thread yesterday or the day before from someone on this forum or on ct200hforum.com who indicated there were 2 red ones available in Boston or Watertown that were unspoken for (which is hard to believe). Does package C include leather & Nav? I think the ones posted were leather & nav. Good luck!

By the way, the LED lights alone are not $2,500, it's like $1,250 or $1,300 but adding that will add a minimum of 8 months to the wait time!
No, I want non-leather so that I can get the orange nuluxe seats. C has Nav, but not leather and thus not LED lights. Because the factory is at 50% production right now, they only offer A, C, and D only. LED and PCS only come with package D. So, I'm saving $2500 which is more than enough for a good set of snow tires and wheels.

EDIT: Yeah...special order would be nice, but not worth the 8 month wait.
Old 05-23-11, 06:37 PM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice. Hope your CT arrives soon! What dealer did you go with? I went with Northborough, but was also dealing with Ira in Danvers.
Old 05-23-11, 07:11 PM
Jamooche
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Nice. Hope your CT arrives soon! What dealer did you go with? I went with Northborough, but was also dealing with Ira in Danvers.
I went with Balise Lexus in West Springfield, MA.