CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Is the CT 200h Comfortable on Long Trips???

Old 03-26-11, 08:31 AM
jjinwi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the CT 200h Comfortable on Long Trips???

Now that the CT 200h has been out for a couple of weeks, I was wondering what owners think about their CT 200h on long road trips.

I am looking to buy a hybrid and often take 5-20 hour road trips...

FYI - I have spoken to many Prius owners & they often complain how uncomfortable their car is on long trip (seats, road noise, position too low to the ground...) . I just returned from Florida (a 22 hour drive) and talked to a guy at a rest stop who had a Fusion Hybrid. He said he had a Prius and hated it for long trips.... he really liked the Fusion for trips.

SO, how comfortable is your CT 200h on long trips???

Thanks!
Old 03-26-11, 08:51 AM
Bob259
Driver

Longest trip so far was about 2 hours and it was great. The wife has a Prius and she said it was much more comfortable then her Prius.
Old 03-26-11, 08:55 AM
audi4t
Driver School Candidate

How long is a piece of string?

What works for me may not work for you.

But seriously the drivers seat is comfortable, well bolstered and has a pretty good range of adjustment.
Old 03-26-11, 09:30 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't own one but have test driven one and the seat is pretty damn well designed. I highly recommend picking up the brochure on the CT at the dealer, there's a section in there on how/why they designed the seat the way they did.
Old 03-26-11, 10:39 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by jjinwi
Now that the CT 200h has been out for a couple of weeks, I was wondering what owners think about their CT 200h on long road trips.

I am looking to buy a hybrid and often take 5-20 hour road trips...

FYI - I have spoken to many Prius owners & they often complain how uncomfortable their car is on long trip (seats, road noise, position too low to the ground...) . I just returned from Florida (a 22 hour drive) and talked to a guy at a rest stop who had a Fusion Hybrid. He said he had a Prius and hated it for long trips.... he really liked the Fusion for trips.

SO, how comfortable is your CT 200h on long trips???

Thanks!
I've taken 2 CT 200h's on 1000+ mile round trips. The seats are very very very comfortable. One had nuLuxe and one had leather. I have to say i'm impressed with NuLuxe, and the fact it doesn't wrinkle and crease as bad as leather. One huge advantage the CT has over Prius is road noise and seating position. I find the CT's driving position a lot more comfortable than my well bolstered ISF seating. The problem with the Prius are that the seats are just broad and flat. They really don't support your body well as its designed to fit a wide range of builds. With the CT, the seats are bolstered very well and they are in my opinion a lot more comfortable than my IS F seats. That's no lie!
Old 03-26-11, 07:48 PM
DJTIMMYD
Rookie

I'm currently on a cross country trip from California to north Carolina with my ct and so far it's great. I don't think I've ever road in a car this small that is this smooth. Plus the road noise is very low.
Old 03-26-11, 08:54 PM
exbauer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took an extended test drive of the CT and it is still a noisy car. It isn't as noisy as my Prius, but still noisy. I am sure they didn't insulate it as well as other Lexus models for weight savings. Is the HS as noisy?
Old 03-27-11, 02:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by exbauer
I took an extended test drive of the CT and it is still a noisy car. It isn't as noisy as my Prius, but still noisy. I am sure they didn't insulate it as well as other Lexus models for weight savings. Is the HS as noisy?
thats because lack of sound from engine makes you aware of other sounds... in reality, CT200h is very quiet car and at 70mph cruising Edmunds measured only 64.5db. For Instance, ES350 at 70mph was 67.5db!

Only non-hybrid Lexus that is quieter than CT200h is LS.
Old 03-27-11, 06:43 AM
dochusar
Pole Position

IMHO, the seats are well cushioned and bolstered. I have driven many different cars in my life, and the CT's seat are as comfortable as an 80,000 car. The only seats that are more comfortable are the special massage seats in some of the flagship cars.

I have driven several hours in my CT with no complaints.

Walt
Old 03-27-11, 10:53 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I think the only reason why the CT would be noiser than most is the engine. 1.8L 4 cyl will be a lot noiser than something a lot larger. The HS is on par in NVH as the CT.
Old 03-27-11, 12:13 PM
exbauer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipside909
I think the only reason why the CT would be noiser than most is the engine. 1.8L 4 cyl will be a lot noiser than something a lot larger. The HS is on par in NVH as the CT.
That is true, I am sure if the put the same engine in the CT as the TCH or HS it would be quieter. I wonder what kind of MPG it would get with that engine. More than the HS I would think.
Old 03-27-11, 04:35 PM
cenix
Driver

i find the car to be very quiet, too. maybe sometimes too quiet especially when in ev mode, sitting at a light. i think the tires really add to the quietness and comfort.
Old 03-27-11, 05:39 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

That is true, I am sure if the put the same engine in the CT as the TCH or HS it would be quieter. I wonder what kind of MPG it would get with that engine. More than the HS I would think.
actually CT200h was tested quieter than HS, ES, IS, GS, both at 70mph and at WOT.

so no, it wouldnt be quieter with HS engine. Larger engine at WOT produces more noise. 1.8l ZR does not sound like a sports car, but objectively it is very quiet engine.
Old 04-02-11, 01:03 AM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

VERY comfy IMO. The thigh support the seats provide are better than your average car, WAY better than the Prius.
Old 04-02-11, 01:18 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The CT 200h is very comfortable on long trips. I just drove from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and it was excellent. The cabin is quiet, no excessive vibrations, and the seats are extremely comfortable and supportive. It must have something to do with the seating positioning and hip point because in my previous 2007 Lexus RX350, my head would never reach the headrest; there would always be a few inches of space between my head and the headrest, contributing to shoulder and neck strain. After 4 hours of driving, I would go to bed and wake up the next day w/ a stiff neck and shoulders. Not with the CT. w00t.

Matt

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is the CT 200h Comfortable on Long Trips???