CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Price paid for Lexus CT 200h

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-19, 02:59 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Yep. Don't forget these cars are essentially priuses. those cars see 200k easily with mere beans thrown at them through out those miles. pocket change. that's not to say parts can't fail. but they typically don't. by the time they do, your car would owe you nothing. at some point along the line with any car, you're going to have to keep inserting coin(s) to play again.
Old 07-05-19, 06:22 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

the egr oil cooler is an issue that will cause the heads to over heat and crack..correct. i love the look of the car, i cant believe they didnt put the 2.5 camry engine into these cars and call it a day..better engine..more powerful and great gas mileage.
Old 07-07-19, 09:40 PM
Rockstar08
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok guys my wife and I just bought our first CT 200 and drove it back to Burbank, CA for the last two days from Houston, TX. So after spending time on here and reading many pages I decided I wasn’t worried about high mileage but wanted a car that was well maintained! So I found just that a 2013 CT 200 in Silver with black interior and 131,200 miles! However I bought the car from the Lexus dealer who also happened to sell the car to the original one owner. On the Carfax it shows this one owner had the car serviced every 5K miles from new all the way up until he traded it in at 131K miles I couldn’t believe it had to cost him a pretty penny to always service it at Lexus!! Anyway the car sat on their lot for 69 days for sale and I would up buying it for only $8,500 yes that figure is correct fully serviced one owner bought from Lexus...wow, it was a screaming deal. Now the car is a base model with no NAV but I always use my phone anyway but will miss the backup camera. We left Houston Friday morning around 11am and drove for 10 hours the first day and another 10 hours or so the next day, car ran perfect and it only cost us $85.00 in gas since the dealer also filled the tank...unbelievable!

Now on on to a couple of minor issues I hope the first night I was wondering why the headlights seems a little dim well that’s because the drivers side headlight is out. Not sure why the Lexus dealer wouldn’t have checked the headlights before selling the car but we obviously bought it that way and I didn’t check so hopefully replacing the headlights isn’t too expensive? The last item is after about 500 miles or so of driving the service car soon came on and then of course the “maintenance required” is on now. Not sure what that could be other then the dealer may have forgot to reset the oil change interval as all the services have been completed. The car had a oil change at 130K also but then they did the major 120K service as well I have all the service records they printed out for me.

Great car though you would never believe it has a 132,500 miles on it now. The interior looks brand new still but of course there some rock chips on the hood and around but Dr. Color chip will be able to help with all of those in the future.
Old 07-08-19, 03:11 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

As the cars age the coolant comes due for replacements -- same with spark plugs. The transmission fluid does not have a replacement interval ... IMO it's a good idea to replace by 120k. Some people just check the trans fluid level -- by the time you get to and remove the plug -- replacing the fluid is not much more work. The inverter and engine coolant have slightly different service intervals. We just do both coolants and the trans at the same time ... do it when doing an oil change. Use the OE Toyota fluids ... both coolant and proper fluid is easy to get and fairly priced. Both coolant services are simple drain and refill -- you are doing a "refresh". The proper coolant is premixed.

The maintenance reminder is a simple counter that's reset. With any older car ... Get a simple code reader. While you can typically get the codes read for free at local auto stores -- $35 will get you a reader and the answers in your driveway.

Check the service records and see where you are -- replace both headlight bulbs. The base interior should be all vinyl -- it's actually very nice and better vs the leather in the Toyota's.

The EGR cleaning is something to think about (do a search) ... There was also an upgrade to the intake manifold if the car showed any issues. TX does not follow the CA emission laws -- don't think you can get the 10/150 as I believe it's where the car is first titled.

Last edited by yeldogt; 07-08-19 at 03:17 AM.
Old 07-08-19, 03:15 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by python
the egr oil cooler is an issue that will cause the heads to over heat and crack..correct. i love the look of the car, i cant believe they didnt put the 2.5 camry engine into these cars and call it a day..better engine..more powerful and great gas mileage.

The point was to make a hybrid .. so it got the gen 3 Prius power plant. The heads don't crack ... the seal between the block and the head fails. around #2 CYL is common. Cleaning the EGR system is a good idea IMO. We waited too long on the first couple and the cooler was not able to be cleaned -- same with valve (first had failed). The valve and cooler are about $600 .... the intake is also typically dirty and needs to come off .... so it's not a simple procedure. It takes many hours to R&R and clean the intake. Longer if trying to clean the valve and cooler vs replace.

Last edited by yeldogt; 07-08-19 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-08-19, 07:47 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rockstar08
Ok guys my wife and I just bought our first CT 200 and drove it back to Burbank, CA for the last two days from Houston, TX. So after spending time on here and reading many pages I decided I wasn’t worried about high mileage but wanted a car that was well maintained! So I found just that a 2013 CT 200 in Silver with black interior and 131,200 miles! However I bought the car from the Lexus dealer who also happened to sell the car to the original one owner. On the Carfax it shows this one owner had the car serviced every 5K miles from new all the way up until he traded it in at 131K miles I couldn’t believe it had to cost him a pretty penny to always service it at Lexus!! Anyway the car sat on their lot for 69 days for sale and I would up buying it for only $8,500 yes that figure is correct fully serviced one owner bought from Lexus...wow, it was a screaming deal. Now the car is a base model with no NAV but I always use my phone anyway but will miss the backup camera. We left Houston Friday morning around 11am and drove for 10 hours the first day and another 10 hours or so the next day, car ran perfect and it only cost us $85.00 in gas since the dealer also filled the tank...unbelievable!

Now on on to a couple of minor issues I hope the first night I was wondering why the headlights seems a little dim well that’s because the drivers side headlight is out. Not sure why the Lexus dealer wouldn’t have checked the headlights before selling the car but we obviously bought it that way and I didn’t check so hopefully replacing the headlights isn’t too expensive? The last item is after about 500 miles or so of driving the service car soon came on and then of course the “maintenance required” is on now. Not sure what that could be other then the dealer may have forgot to reset the oil change interval as all the services have been completed. The car had a oil change at 130K also but then they did the major 120K service as well I have all the service records they printed out for me.

Great car though you would never believe it has a 132,500 miles on it now. The interior looks brand new still but of course there some rock chips on the hood and around but Dr. Color chip will be able to help with all of those in the future.
There's nothing "major" to service at 130k. or at any K for that matter.

Engine oil change.

Transaxle fluid change (i did it myself for chump change and 20 minutes) in and out.

Spark plugs (chump change and easy child job)

So they just likely forgot to reset the light. You can DIY the light reset I think by holding the trip button as you press the ignition switch to "ON" (search youtube)

As for bulb, $5 special and 5 second install.

Or you can do like me and do a professional RX350 BI-XENON retrofit using german hardware. but it's quite an advanced job for a beginner. But i have some of the strongest lights on the road. twin laser beams extreme distance and very sharp. Otherwise you have to live with those lights. some use LED bulbs as replacements but they aren't the same LEDs you see on the newer cars. they are workarounds and not anywhere near as high grade as cars that have them stock.
Old 07-09-19, 06:17 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Was surprised our base 2015 CT's = No LED headlights and auto wipers. Installed the first level upgraded Sylvania bulbs in the one I drive occasionally -- changed out the fogs to be able to use 50w bulbs. the OE fogs are worthless. The combination is an improvement -- the first level upgraded Sylvania's get you better light w/o giving up too much longevity. We have a weekend place out in the country -- dark w/ deer around, When I started buying hybrids for the company -- the 2012 Prius were all level 5's w/ LED lows. My first cars with HID's being back in 01 -- you get used to the better light.
Old 07-09-19, 12:09 PM
Rockstar08
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys I just want to replace my low beam headlight bulb with the factory Lexus, is this the correct one to use?

Part# 90981-13085 low beam bulb? Looks like I can buy this on MyLparts which is factory original Lexus parts for $24 unless someone knows another better place to buy. I just called Lexus and they want $55.00 for one..lol

Ok never mind..lol.. I called Lexus and they said that is the correct part number for the low beam bulb. I also just found it cheaper on lexuspartsnow for $20.

Well looks like Amazon is the cheapest now since I get free shipping there at $24..lol

Looks like these oem Lexus parts places charge quite a bit for shipping some more then others.

Last edited by Rockstar08; 07-09-19 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-09-19, 02:45 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Eh those are at walmart all day long for a few bucks. go on ebay or something.
Old 07-13-19, 05:05 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Yes -- no need to buy bulbs from dealer. The big chains have rebates and sales all the time. Buy a packaged set and replace both. H bulbs dim as the age -- do both. $20 a set.
Old 12-26-19, 07:11 AM
CTDreamin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Opinions

$12,800 for a 2011 with 37000 miles?

Great carfax and good condition
Old 01-03-20, 01:29 PM
liera21
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's my contribution:
$16,000 for a 2014 F-Sport with 96000 miles back in September 2019. Full factory recommended service history done at dealership, clean Carfax, clean in and out. I thought it was a good deal even at this mileage.
Old 01-03-20, 07:26 PM
RmvWndw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2013 CT200h fully loaded non F Sport, 77000 miles, $13900, at CarMax, clean Carfax with solid maintenance history.
Old 01-04-20, 03:48 AM
phillymac
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by liera21
Here's my contribution:
$16,000 for a 2014 F-Sport with 96000 miles back in September 2019. Full factory recommended service history done at dealership, clean Carfax, clean in and out. I thought it was a good deal even at this mileage.
Sounds like a fair deal. I have mine since around that same time and its doing well. The gas mileage is great and its a very comfortable car for tolling around town or highway jaunts.

Quick Reply: Price paid for Lexus CT 200h