Search this Thread

Old 05-15-14, 01:32 PM
jacksonlui
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've had this car for over a year and i average 30-34 mpg
my commute is hilly with a mixture of highway speeds and traffic
i've tried premium and regular gas at costco
i've tried driving slow like a grandma and i can get 38 but it's too painful so i've settled for 32 with normal aggressive driving. it's a good car but not quiet like a lexus and i'm not getting the insance mpg that some people are getting. it's a great looking car and i love that i can park anywhere because of it's size. my insurance is lower and i save some money on gas and parking is a breeze over my original GS350 choice.
Old 05-20-14, 02:57 PM
RA101722
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The average consumption according to sprintmonitor users is 5,43 L/100 km or 43,3 MPG.

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/overvi...=2&powerunit=2

Note that the consumption shown on the board computer is always optimistic on hybrid cars and the real consumption is like 2 km per liter / 4,7 mpg lower than what is shown on the car's monitor.

Last edited by RA101722; 05-20-14 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-26-14, 06:10 AM
Talker3245
Driver School Candidate

I have a very heavy foot but I have never got less than 39mpg this car gets better MPG then my Harley!
Old 05-26-14, 02:26 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by jacksonlui
i've had this car for over a year and i average 30-34 mpg
my commute is hilly with a mixture of highway speeds and traffic
i've tried premium and regular gas at costco
i've tried driving slow like a grandma and i can get 38 but it's too painful so i've settled for 32 with normal aggressive driving. it's a good car but not quiet like a lexus and i'm not getting the insance mpg that some people are getting. it's a great looking car and i love that i can park anywhere because of it's size. my insurance is lower and i save some money on gas and parking is a breeze over my original GS350 choice.
question is - what did you get on your previous vehicle?

MPG greatly varies due to different drivers... For instance, someone quoted spiritmonitor website in few posts above, none of my cars will ever reach those numbers simply because I drive short drives OR high speed hwy.
Old 05-26-14, 05:25 PM
russct200h
Driver School Candidate

First month of ownership I am getting 47.2 MPG as calculated by hand. I drive normally and do a mix of city and highway. In traffic I try and use EV mode most that I can.
Old 02-18-15, 06:33 PM
ddng911
5th Gear

for the life of me i can never get more than 38mpg by the comp. not even once. I've done 3.2k mile so far in a mostly flat commute. i'm pretty sure i don't have a lead foot. if i can, i acc to 80 (its "legal" in CA) and cruise from there. is 80 too much of a strain for the car?
To stay there, I throttle enough where I'm near the "Power" band in the tachometer.
Old 02-18-15, 07:10 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ddng911
for the life of me i can never get more than 38mpg by the comp. not even once. I've done 3.2k mile so far in a mostly flat commute. i'm pretty sure i don't have a lead foot. if i can, i acc to 80 (its "legal" in CA) and cruise from there. is 80 too much of a strain for the car?
To stay there, I throttle enough where I'm near the "Power" band in the tachometer.
Yup, going 80mph will definitely make you unable to get >40mpg and it's been said here that the displayed mpg is actually 1-2 lower than actual. Need to accelerate slow (i.e. if you're in the POWER zone, you're losing a lot of mpg; try to stay around the middle of ECO), limit your speeds, and learn to coast as much as possible.

FWIW, I get about ~45mpg computed and I'm also in CA (socal).
Old 02-19-15, 04:47 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 121 Posts

I get about 50 mpg by accelerating gently in the city (midway inside the power section) and mostly highway driving at 60 mph.
Old 02-21-15, 02:04 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The best average MPG I`ve gotten out of a tank is 72 MPG (according to the screen in the car.) Here is how I did it:
-Kept it in eco the entire time
-set the cruse control to 55 miles per hour on all highway driving
-EXTREMELY light foot.
-Drove from the highway to my house entirely in electric every night by driving 20 Miles per hour or slower the entire way and accelerating very slowly (There are no other cars because I get home late.)
-Coast in neutral when going down hills and the battery is charged.
-I wouldn't recommend this one, but I took corners very fast to preserve momentum.
-I would sometimes even try to drag out the electric motor by going right down to 5 miles per hour.

and finally, I pissed off ALLOT of motorists!

...now I get between 48 and 60... 48 is when I drive fast.

Last edited by SteveMason; 02-22-15 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-22-15, 07:19 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Originally Posted by SteveMason
The best average MPG I`ve gotten out of a tank is 72 MPG (according to the screen in the car.) Here us how I did it:
-Kept it in eco the entire time
-set the cruse control to 55 miles per hour on all highway driving
-EXTREMELY light foot.
-Drove from the highway to my house entirely in electric every night by driving 20 Miles per hour or slower the entire way and accelerating very slowly (There are no other cars because I get home late.)
-Coast in neutral when going down hills and the battery is charged.
-I wouldn't recommend this one, but I took corners very fast to preserve momentum.
-I would sometimes even try to drag out the electric motor by going right down to 5 miles per hour.

and finally, I pissed off ALLOT of motorists!

...now I get between 48 and 60... 48 is when I drive fast.
Bad ***!
Old 02-22-15, 01:22 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Using fuelly.com now

I bought my CT in December of 2013. I was able to fairly accurately compute my fuel economy over the first 12 months of ownership to be right around 44 mpg. Since I got a smartphone late last year, I have been using fuelly.com since December, 2014. Since the cold temperatures during the winter here drastically affect my fuel economy, I will see my mileage increase substantially beginning probably around April. I fully expect my accurate computation using fuelly.com to come in once again right around 44 mpg for my second year of ownership.

Old 02-22-15, 06:19 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Originally Posted by StillLine
I bought my CT in December of 2013. I was able to fairly accurately compute my fuel economy over the first 12 months of ownership to be right around 44 mpg. Since I got a smartphone late last year, I have been using fuelly.com since December, 2014. Since the cold temperatures during the winter here drastically affect my fuel economy, I will see my mileage increase substantially beginning probably around April. I fully expect my accurate computation using fuelly.com to come in once again right around 44 mpg for my second year of ownership.

It's not fair that you guys have working fuelly sigs. Mine never work, and I do them exactly as described and just like any other forum (where my sigs work, like at ct200hforum.com)
Old 02-22-15, 06:39 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Raidin
It's not fair that you guys have working fuelly sigs. Mine never work, and I do them exactly as described and just like any other forum (where my sigs work, like at ct200hforum.com)
I tried to put an image on my signature and saw that the forum permissions don't allow us to link images. Might be some kind of change for newer members or requirement in order to change the setting.

Signature Permissions
Allow HTML No
Allow Image BB Code No
Old 02-22-15, 07:07 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Angry That's just terrible!

Raiden,

It appears that you're having trouble with the fuelly badges. That's interesting.

StillLine

Last edited by StillLine; 02-22-15 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-22-15, 07:52 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Question How about this?

Raiden,

Is this what you would like to see?

StillLine

P.S. - That's some wicked good fuel economy you're getting there!

Quick Reply: Real World MPG???