What bugs you the most about your CT?

Old 04-21-11, 02:11 PM
Bob259
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by matttom
LOL. Harriet Carter.
I know.... but if it works .

I'm going to the Tint shop and see what they have.
Old 04-22-11, 03:31 AM
Bob259
Driver

This is actually the one I was looking for when a search turned up that other one;
http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=2397
Old 04-26-11, 10:44 AM
DutchLS430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kostamojen
I was curious about that tachometer customization too. From the wording in the manual, It doesn't really state the tach can be used with different modes, in fact I can't tell in the manual WHAT you are supposed to be able to do with the tach!
Its a nice feature you can look at it but thats all folks

And I already sold my european (i am Dutch) CT, the problem, no power in relation to the GS300 and LS430, overtaking is really playing with youre life!!
Old 04-26-11, 11:40 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess if you have the rain-sensing windshield wipers, you're gonna have to cut the Suntamer in half in order to fit it on both sides of the rearview mirror and the IR rain-sensing camera.
Old 02-20-14, 08:43 AM
dxr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DutchLS430
Its a nice feature you can look at it but thats all folks

And I already sold my european (i am Dutch) CT, the problem, no power in relation to the GS300 and LS430, overtaking is really playing with youre life!!
lol yeah... of course it'll be tons slower than those listed cars... you can even put the prius on that list! most ppl say you shouldn't be in a hurry whilst driving this car. that's why I own a turbo is300 haha
Old 02-22-14, 07:03 AM
jklandrum
Driver School Candidate

Default Lack of storage

I used to own a Venza with was designed nicely for creature comforts and storage. I especially miss able to thread the usb charger up through the center console to the mobile phone slot. As much as I love my CT200, it seems there is a great deal of wasted space that could have been used with minimal price point increase.
Old 02-22-14, 06:26 PM
whiteaudi
Driver School Candidate

Navi sucks.
Car is so slow.
But loves payment and mpg.
Old 03-06-14, 01:36 PM
rtwamski
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dgstan
My biggest gripe is the location of the USB port. Why put it in the middle of the console? I have a dedicated iPod I use exclusively in the car. I hate having wires laying around or the thought of my iPod sitting out in plain sight all the time.

It took about 2 hours, a Dremel with a flexible extension, my daughter's help, and a moderately bloody pinky, but I was finally able to rout an Apple USB cable from the port to the inside of the cubby. Of course, I had to "re-engineer" the cable to make it lower profile so the cover over the ports would still close.

I imagine their thought was that you'd be using your phone in the provided device holder, so you'd want the port near that. However, I don't really see myself needing to charge my iPhone while I'm driving, and if I did, my iPod would already be using the USB port, so charging would have to be done through the 12V outlet.
I would be interested to see your modded cable. I would like to do that myself. The prefered way would be to get a flush 12V outlet USB charger and the USB cable into that and still shut the compartment door. The USB port in the car is very low current and it takes forever for my devices to charge.
Old 03-20-14, 09:09 AM
jnaval
Driver School Candidate

As with many other people in this thread, the fact that there's no cup holders or even bottle holders in the doors for the rear seat bothers me.

It also annoys me a bit to see my navigation wanting to confirm every command. The time it takes for the confirmation voice to pop up, I could've finished doing what I needed to do manually.

And my last complaint could be a biased one since I'm a Broadway rear view mirror user but I've always hated how OEM rear view mirrors magnify through the rear window, it always makes it look like someone's tailgating me and I don't want to put a Broadway mirror over my Homelink system so I guess I gotta live with it.
Old 03-22-14, 11:26 AM
AspenCdn
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Have had the car for 4 hours, and look already posting in here.
For Canadians, the 2014 F Sport package does not include headlight washers for the LED headlamps. This is contrary to the pictures on the Lexus.ca website. My last 4 cars have had washers and they are great when driving in winter salt spray at night. Oh well.
Otherwise great car.
Old 03-30-14, 06:28 PM
TarHeelPT
Driver School Candidate

Default MPG scam?

My CT owners manual says I have an 11.9 gallon tank. When my gauge is well below empty, I fill the tank and it takes less than 10 gallons to re-fill. Once full, the 'distance to empty' range is always based on 10 gallons multiplied by the avg mpg of the previous tank. So I have only 2 conclusions, either they have programmed my mpg computer to calculate based on imperial gallons (which will give an appearance of greater fuel economy by 8.3%), or my car only has a 10 gallon tank and the owners manual is incorrect. Anybody else notice this? Or is it just my car?
Old 03-30-14, 09:04 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TarHeelPT
My CT owners manual says I have an 11.9 gallon tank. When my gauge is well below empty, I fill the tank and it takes less than 10 gallons to re-fill. Once full, the 'distance to empty' range is always based on 10 gallons multiplied by the avg mpg of the previous tank. So I have only 2 conclusions, either they have programmed my mpg computer to calculate based on imperial gallons (which will give an appearance of greater fuel economy by 8.3%), or my car only has a 10 gallon tank and the owners manual is incorrect. Anybody else notice this? Or is it just my car?
hello and welcome. yes, real world mpg when calculated at fill ups and miles traveled on that tank result in about 2mpg less than the tank average on the display.

the low fuel warning is extremely conservative. some people like it, some people hate it. my light comes on with about 8.5 gallons used from the tank. i could push it, but i am fine just filling it at that time. i go about 325-350 mi on the tank and fill. but i RARELY break the 9 gallon fuel up mark.
Old 04-05-14, 05:38 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Early gas warning light is to protect the battery. All hybrids do this and all for the same reason. Also fuel pumps need fuel to stay cool and helps to prevent picking up crap from the tanks bottom. The last reason is emissions. I don't remember exactly what it can affect though.
Old 04-07-14, 02:26 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yup, better to be safe than sorry, once your hybrid is out of gas, you cannot restart it, has to be towed to the dealer (doesn't matter if you put more gas in)

most cars usually have around 3gal left in reserve after warning light comes on, 3 gal x 42mpg = 126 miles, so to people without much experience on hybrid will think this is crazy conservative and will try to run down to as low as possible, but keep in mind that's generally not recommended
Old 04-07-14, 03:49 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
yup, better to be safe than sorry, once your hybrid is out of gas, you cannot restart it, has to be towed to the dealer (doesn't matter if you put more gas in)

most cars usually have around 3gal left in reserve after warning light comes on, 3 gal x 42mpg = 126 miles, so to people without much experience on hybrid will think this is crazy conservative and will try to run down to as low as possible, but keep in mind that's generally not recommended
I don't know how accurate this is, or if it applies only to some hybrids, like the CT, but I have purposefully run my 2012 Prius C out of gas, and it started up and ran normally after adding fuel.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What bugs you the most about your CT?