CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

What bugs you the most about your CT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-11, 02:38 PM
ftw
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My only complaint about the CT200h is that I cannot find one in the color and options combo I am looking for. Guess I will have to wait.
Old 03-08-11, 05:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by jomabu1
The initial issue I had was making minor adjustments of the intermittent feature at night when there was variable intermittent rain/drizzle. The rx330 had auto wipers which spoiled me. Being sick and short on sleep I found myself making the adjustment in the wrong direction several times. Yes a quibble and yes minor.
you are luxury car buyer, yes, you should have quibbles
Old 03-08-11, 05:15 PM
dkidwell
Rookie

Originally Posted by ftw
My only complaint about the CT200h is that I cannot find one in the color and options combo I am looking for. Guess I will have to wait.
You can always special order one. I did. Wait time is 8-16 weeks.
Old 03-08-11, 07:20 PM
Bob259
Driver

Picked mine up today and drove about 100 miles. Very happy so far. Did notice that it didn't seem like the auto dimming rear view mirror didn't seem to dim the head lights. Will do more testing on that one, might have a bad mirror.
Old 03-08-11, 09:22 PM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bob259
Picked mine up today and drove about 100 miles. Very happy so far. Did notice that it didn't seem like the auto dimming rear view mirror didn't seem to dim the head lights. Will do more testing on that one, might have a bad mirror.
Make sure it's turned on. There's a green LED that lights up when activated.
Old 03-08-11, 09:50 PM
dgstan
Rookie

You know what's bugging me now? The cheapo floor mats that come standard with the vehicle. They are so thin and flimsy that they twist around whenever I pivot my feet while getting out of the car. They are securely anchored near the base of the seat, but they tend to lift up and get caught up in the pedals upon egress. I've tried putting double-sided tape underneath the mat and it helps to some degree.

First of all, with all the floor mat troubles Toyota has had recently, you think they'd have paid a little more attention to this issue. Second, since it looks like I'll end up buying the "Premium" mats, I'd much rather they bundled the nice mats in with the cargo mat and net.

Am I the only one having this problem?
Old 03-08-11, 10:23 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

interesting, I know the floor mats are one of the items made "greenly" out of recycled material
Old 03-09-11, 03:13 AM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by dgstan
Make sure it's turned on. There's a green LED that lights up when activated.
Yes, the green light is on and turning on and off does not change it.
Old 03-09-11, 01:31 PM
DJTIMMYD
Rookie

Default Gas Gauge Is Off

I have only one issue with my ct. I went on a road trip and drove until the gas light came on. The maunal says the light should come on when there is 1.8 gallons or less left in the tank and that the tank is 11.9 gallons. When I filled up I could only put in 8.5 gallons. Which means the light came on with 3+ gallons left. Has anybody else had this issue?
Old 03-10-11, 02:01 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by DJTIMMYD
I have only one issue with my ct. I went on a road trip and drove until the gas light came on. The maunal says the light should come on when there is 1.8 gallons or less left in the tank and that the tank is 11.9 gallons. When I filled up I could only put in 8.5 gallons. Which means the light came on with 3+ gallons left. Has anybody else had this issue?
The rule of thumb for all Toyota/Lexus gas tanks is that 2 gallon mark where the light turns on. 1.8 is the calculated figure but real world sets it at about 2. Was this your first tank of gas you filled in your CT? Perhaps guage it since you're still pretty much in a break-in period. I would monitor it and see if it changes.
Old 03-11-11, 12:57 AM
pchea1088
Driver School Candidate

The uncovered cup holders and the tiny, cheap volume ***** bother me a little.

The worst would probably be the beeping when in reverse. Drives me nuts. I'm told it can be turned off at the dealer, though.

Still love my CT to death.
Old 03-11-11, 03:34 AM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by pchea1088
The uncovered cup holders and the tiny, cheap volume ***** bother me a little.

The worst would probably be the beeping when in reverse. Drives me nuts. I'm told it can be turned off at the dealer, though.

Still love my CT to death.
Must be the dealer turned my reverse beep off as mine doesn't beep (thank God). That was one of the first things the wife noticed different from her Prius. She hates the beep and her dealer would not turn it off.
Old 03-11-11, 09:46 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dkidwell
You can always special order one. I did. Wait time is 8-16 weeks.
What did you end up getting that's special order? Just different options or were you able to get a different color than offered? I'm a bit upset they don't have a blue option.
Old 03-11-11, 09:54 AM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bob259
Must be the dealer turned my reverse beep off as mine doesn't beep (thank God). That was one of the first things the wife noticed different from her Prius. She hates the beep and her dealer would not turn it off.
BTW - The owner's manual explicitly states both the reverse and seat belt buzzers are dealer-customizable options. I think it's on page 702 (IIRC).

If they tell you they can't change it, show them the manual and threaten to call corporate. Better yet, ask them to change it before you fill out the survey. There's no way I'm living with those godawful beeps.
Old 03-11-11, 02:51 PM
JM011
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dgstan
My biggest gripe is the location of the USB port. Why put it in the middle of the console? I have a dedicated iPod I use exclusively in the car. I hate having wires laying around or the thought of my iPod sitting out in plain sight all the time.

It took about 2 hours, a Dremel with a flexible extension, my daughter's help, and a moderately bloody pinky, but I was finally able to rout an Apple USB cable from the port to the inside of the cubby. Of course, I had to "re-engineer" the cable to make it lower profile so the cover over the ports would still close.

I imagine their thought was that you'd be using your phone in the provided device holder, so you'd want the port near that. However, I don't really see myself needing to charge my iPhone while I'm driving, and if I did, my iPod would already be using the USB port, so charging would have to be done through the 12V outlet.
This is starting to irritate me too. There no excuse for not having the wiring come up from underneath the device holder. I suppose if I was using a black cable instead of standard issue apple white, then it wouldn't jump out as much. I think I'm going have to do some re-engineering with a dremel as well. What is that stupid indentation between the device holder and the usb/12v outlet compartment anyways?

Last edited by JM011; 03-11-11 at 03:15 PM.

Quick Reply: What bugs you the most about your CT?