CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

F-Sport Badging

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-12, 09:25 PM
stamphead
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default F-Sport Badging

I have installed a few F-Sport parts on my CT. I thought about buying some F-Sport badges from Sewell. Since my CT wasn't an F-Sport from the factory, would this devalue the car on trade-in? I am kind of thinking it would be tacky.
Old 05-18-12, 02:58 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all personal preference... if you like it.. put it on.. if you think its tacky.. dont put it on.. as to devalue on trade in.. badges are put on the car with double side tape.. take it off if you are worried.
Old 06-02-12, 09:49 PM
FNFZ4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is Sewell? pardon my ignorance. is that a dealer?
Old 06-03-12, 07:54 AM
jrhogg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FNFZ4
What is Sewell? pardon my ignorance. is that a dealer?
The largest parts supplier in the US. Google them.
Old 06-03-12, 09:13 AM
FNFZ4
Driver

thanks I have learned a valuable thing today... I love this place....
Old 06-03-12, 10:48 AM
hdave
Driver

enter your clublexus userid when you sign up, and you will get an additional discount!
Old 06-08-12, 01:26 PM
LexusVTS44
Driver School Candidate

At our dealer, we have people get F-Sport rims every once in a while. Honestly they look a lot better, but you probably won't get any more for it than if you just keep it stock. It will not devalue it at all btw, but it will sure look better.
Old 06-09-12, 03:17 PM
Bkwon327
Driver School Candidate

I would pass on the badge unless it came with it from the factory. It would be like people putting on M badge on non-M cars on BMW. Looks cheesy and looks like its saying "I wish I was but I couldn't afford it" just tastefully apply your updates and leave the branding out.

If you still want to badge it, just make sure they are identically badge and they're placed (height and length on the fender as well as angle tilt) so it looks natural.
Old 06-12-12, 04:35 PM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bkwon327
I would pass on the badge unless it came with it from the factory. It would be like people putting on M badge on non-M cars on BMW. Looks cheesy and looks like its saying "I wish I was but I couldn't afford it" just tastefully apply your updates and leave the branding out.

If you still want to badge it, just make sure they are identically badge and they're placed (height and length on the fender as well as angle tilt) so it looks natural.
i agree with this..just make sure the badges are at the same location as the factory ones..dont worry i won't feel insulted
Old 12-09-12, 11:10 PM
LosPollosH
Driver School Candidate

I don't think it is "like putting a M Sport badge on a non-M BMW" - for one thing an M3 is a completely different car than a 325 with a completely different engine and body styling.

The F-Sport packages on CT200h's (as I understand it) are more for looks and the interior of the car. It still has the same engine / drivetrain. Yes it does have a different suspension than the non-F.
Old 12-15-12, 11:31 AM
yamaturkey
Rookie

Originally Posted by stamphead
I have installed a few F-Sport parts on my CT. I thought about buying some F-Sport badges from Sewell. Since my CT wasn't an F-Sport from the factory, would this devalue the car on trade-in? I am kind of thinking it would be tacky.
did you install the lowering spring??
Old 12-16-12, 05:56 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Go for it , trade in you might get more just claim its an F-Sport nothing I know signifies it in the vin #. The badges are nice looking too.
Not like you are putting Supra tailights on a Civic.
Old 12-18-12, 11:23 AM
stamphead
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yamaturkey
did you install the lowering spring??
Yes I did.
Old 12-18-12, 01:19 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stamphead
Yes I did.
Am I wrong but I thought the F-sports have the full black headliner option and others don't? Too many small differences so I would not do it. I purchased a base model then in 24hours realized all the difference add up big time and bout a new F-sport instead.

upper and lower grills, Interior headliner, steering wheel, pedals, shift ****, dash trim, wheels, sways, springs, badges....am I missing anything?
Old 12-18-12, 02:43 PM
bsmoov
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
Am I wrong but I thought the F-sports have the full black headliner option and others don't? Too many small differences so I would not do it. I purchased a base model then in 24hours realized all the difference add up big time and bout a new F-sport instead.

upper and lower grills, Interior headliner, steering wheel, pedals, shift ****, dash trim, wheels, sways, springs, badges....am I missing anything?
Yes. The black headliner is a HUGE difference. F Sport only.

You got everything except the F Sport dampers and the "extended" rear spoiler.

To be honest, I could live without it. I replaced my suspension with BC coilovers anyway and replaced my wheels with some BBS's so those F Sport options are out the window. the upper and lower front mesh grill could easily be replaced and the only different thing about the steering wheel is the F Sport emblem.

If I were to go back, I shoulda saved money and gotten a base model because the platform is the damn same thing.

I came from BMW where, M-Sport really made a difference like in a completely different steering wheel, a different bumper (off the M car) shadow line trimming and a bunch of other goodies that weren't on the regular base models.

Exterior wise F Sport and base/premium is the same thing except for the grills which can easily be changed. Oh and the fender badges...

Quick Reply: F-Sport Badging